BrownBear

4 months since transfer to CSC..no news

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello forum fellows,

When we learned that our case had been transfered to CSC we were celebrating! (in vain as appears) :unsure:

Now it's been four months since transfer and three months since biometrics and absolutely no news.

I finally called the NCSC today. They said that CSC doesn't make the decision and they will send my case back to local office after initial review. Local office will then send invitation for the interview.

I've been reading VJ timelines and CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER usually means NO INTERVIEW AND FAST GC ISSUE (1-3 months).

I didn't file for AED or AP...Which makes the wait even worse.

Would appreciate ANY word of hope...or advice ))

Please? :help:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems like you filed in February. A lot of February filers have had the same problem when transfered to CSC. I don't think there is anything else to do but wait :( Sorry

0vi7t8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have read that some people get their local congressmen involved. Perhaps you could try that option. Wont be easy but might be worth the hassle.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello forum fellows,

When we learned that our case had been transfered to CSC we were celebrating! (in vain as appears) :unsure:

Now it's been four months since transfer and three months since biometrics and absolutely no news.

I finally called the NCSC today. They said that CSC doesn't make the decision and they will send my case back to local office after initial review. Local office will then send invitation for the interview.

I've been reading VJ timelines and CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER usually means NO INTERVIEW AND FAST GC ISSUE (1-3 months).

All the information you are going by is wrong. CSC CAN make a decision, but does not always do so. About 30% of GC cases get approved without an interview. Transfer to the CSC does NOT by any stretch mean "fast GC issuance and no interview" I know of several cases, many right here on VJ, that waited months and months after transfer and then had the case sent to a local office for interview. Reading VJ forums can be misleading as the people who were transferred and then approved quickly are all over reporting it here, but the ones that DON'T get approved quickly say nothing. VJ is but a very tiny slice of the family visa pie and it is difficult to make any generalizations by what happens to VJ members. It is not a bad thing and VJ is a great site...the best of its type, but it is not the be-all and end-all.

Your only possibility to move things along is to contact your Senators office, but even then they are unlikely to do anything until USCIS has had it for at least 6 months.

Why not file an EAD or AP? It was free. I never can figure this out, why do people take "points off the board" and not fill out a couple of simple forms for free?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We applied at the end of January and just got the email notice today that we were approved by CSC. Not sure it had anything to do with it since it has been 6 months total and maybe it was coincidental, but we contacted our senator's office - who even had a specific phone line for issues like these - at the end of June. So it is worth trying. We just had to fax them copies of our NOA's and a letter stating we wanted them to inquire on our behalf. When I last checked, they had a 4 month window for the CSC for approval, so since it was after that time they were willing to help us.

Hello forum fellows,

Your case is not unique. A lot of us are still waiting. Today is Day 170 for us, and our case was transferred to CSC in April (see timeline below).

12/31/2009 Married in the U.S. on K-1 visa

01/28/2010 received copy of marriage certificate (what a delay!)

02/01/2010 AOS (I-485/I-765/I-131/I-1145) package sent to USCIS via FedEx (Day 0)

02/02/2010 AOS package received at USCIS confirmed by FedEx (Day 1)

02/08/2010 NOA1 for I-485/I-765/I-131, noting Date of Receipt 02/02/2010 (Day 7)

02/10/2010 Biometrics Letter date, noting appointment on 02/26/2010 (Day 9)

02/23/2010 Notice of Transfer to CSC (Day 22)

02/26/2010 Completed Biometrics Appointment (Day 25)

03/01/2010 I-765 status first available on-line (Touch) (Day 28)

03/03/2010 I-485 status first available on-line (Touch) (Day 30)

04/12/2010 EAD Card Production Ordered (via text message and on-line) (Day 70)

04/12/2010 AP approved and mailed (status shown on-line) (Day 70)

04/17/2010 AP received in mail (Day 75)

04/19/2010 EAD Card received in mail (Day 77)

07/28/2010 AOS Card Production Ordered (via text message and on-line) (Day 177)

08/03/2010 Welcome Letter received in mail (Day 183)

08/06/2010 Green Card received in mail (Day 186)

04/30/2012 Remove Conditions (I-751) sent to USCIS

06/25/2012 Completed Biometrics Appointment

01/30/2013 Card Production Ordered

02/07/2013 Green Card received in mail

All the information you are going by is wrong. CSC CAN make a decision, but does not always do so. About 30% of GC cases get approved without an interview.

Why not file an EAD or AP? It was free. I never can figure this out, why do people take "points off the board" and not fill out a couple of simple forms for free?

Thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate it.

Well...what can I say. I didn't know that EAD and AP were free if filed together with I485. Do you think I can apply for them still for free (if present USCIS $1010 receipt+biometrics confirmation)???

Thank you

Edited by timandmasha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate it.

Well...what can I say. I didn't know that EAD and AP were free if filed together with I485. Do you think I can apply for them still for free (if present USCIS $1010 receipt+biometrics confirmation)???

Thank you

Yes, you can. Attach a copy of the I-797C notice of receipt. That is the good news. Bad news? At this point you will probably still get the Green Card first, but it is FREE, so why not? You will have to do separate biometrics for the EAD. They may require a fee for this since it is usually done at the same time as the I-485. They will let you know.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Yes, you can. Attach a copy of the I-797C notice of receipt. That is the good news. Bad news? At this point you will probably still get the Green Card first, but it is FREE, so why not? You will have to do separate biometrics for the EAD. They may require a fee for this since it is usually done at the same time as the I-485. They will let you know.

I hope to get the green card by the end of the summer. I was mad at myself for overlooking the free EAD...but then...all things happen for better. It was like the first time I haven't been working since 17 years old..This "vacation" has been perfect for me to adjust to new country and my new role as a Wife:)

I'll definitely apply for EAD and AP now. Thank you Gary and Alla.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.