10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So today, I got my NOA2 I guess (I-797 Notice) already got the first one so I assume this is this second one correct. It never updated online, just checked this morning and nothing had been touched since 4/30.

Anyway, I know it's suppose to go to NVC, but does all the NOA2 say " your petition has been approved and has been forwarded to the listed consulate. Please call consulate with any questions. Also fill out the I-824 and send.

So where does the NVC come in?

thanks for any advice....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It sure sounds like an NOA2...

And, others will know for sure, but I've seen that the letter says that but it still must go through NVC. Depending on the official date of the NOA2, you should probably call NVC to inquire about your consulate-specific case #. You'll need to speak to a live person as K1 visas aren't handled by the automated system. I've seen a suggestion to wait 2-4 days, not the 2 weeks shown in the link.

The info (NVC phone #) is here.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Good luck! I'm sure others know more than I.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

So today, I got my NOA2 I guess (I-797 Notice) already got the first one so I assume this is this second one correct. It never updated online, just checked this morning and nothing had been touched since 4/30.

Anyway, I know it's suppose to go to NVC, but does all the NOA2 say " your petition has been approved and has been forwarded to the listed consulate. Please call consulate with any questions. Also fill out the I-824 and send.

So where does the NVC come in?

thanks for any advice....

Your petition will go to the NVC and they will send it to the consulate. It doesn't say that it will be sent to the NVC for processing because all the NVC does is get the K1's from USCIS and send them to consulates. No need to call anyone to check, it will be sent to the NVC then on to the correct consulate a few days later.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Timeline

Your petition will go to the NVC and they will send it to the consulate. It doesn't say that it will be sent to the NVC for processing because all the NVC does is get the K1's from USCIS and send them to consulates. No need to call anyone to check, it will be sent to the NVC then on to the correct consulate a few days later.

The way I understand it is that NVC can give you your DOS case number and that allows certain things to be done before the beneficiary physically receives Packet 3 from the consulate because the consulate can begin accepting certain elements of Packet 3 upon physical delivery from NVC. All of this may be consulate specific though and only results in a few days head start but it could be significant if it helps you beat an interview scheduling deadline.

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Thanks all, that makes me feel much better knowing we have some time now to get our stuff together. Was looking up what this form I-824 is, I have no clue yet and who I send it to as well. Thank you for your answers.

Oh....looks like my sweety will be interviewing most likely during RAMADAN since it starts a month (Aug 15th) from now and he also continues fasting 2 weeks after Ramadan. I feel sorry for him having to do all his medical (giving blood) since he cannot drink or eat all day. Maybe the CO's in Morocco will be nice during that month whistling.gif.........

Timeline

Also, do i have to fill out the I-824 and pay the $300 plus dollars????? Gosh, I never read anything about this part of a form before. This is just a pain in the whistling.gif if I have to submit this form. Anybody, got a clue of this form?

The K-1 interview requires form I-134. The I-864 isn't required until Adjustment Of Status (AOS) after arrival and marriage takes place in the U.S.

I thought that must be a typo (I-824). I've never heard of that either...

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

The K-1 interview requires form I-134. The I-864 isn't required until Adjustment Of Status (AOS) after arrival and marriage takes place in the U.S.

Hi, and thanks. But it's not the i-864 they said on the NOA2 I-824. Oh yeah, and also in Morocco they are now asking for the I-864 at the interview as well.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Timeline

Hi, and thanks. But it's not the i-864 they said on the NOA2 I-824. Oh yeah, and also in Morocco they are now asking for the I-864 at the interview as well.

I looked at I-824 and it's for a duplicate approval notice. I would think that's only necessary if you have lost the original? Strange that it's mentioned on the NOA2...

And, I-864 at interview could be a benefit (in a co-sponsor situation) as they have to accept it because it is legally binding. As I understand it, some consulates won't accept co-sponsors on an I-134 because the co-sponsors can't be legally held responsible.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi, I have never heard of I-824 for K-1 We got our second noa in june and we have our interview this month and we didnt have to fill out the I-824, did they give u instructions to do so on your noa2? because Ive never heard of that before. You can always call uscis and or nvc to make sure, hope it helps and good luck.

*Amirah*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.