Chakadoll

Visa Interview Experience In USEM Manila

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is my husband and daughter's experience at the USEM Manila for Visa Interview...

O710 AM Theyre at the USEM ground, the guard aske for their appointment letter and ID before they were allowed to get inside the building. Then they followed the Immigration arrow.. and they were greeted at the reception and given their priority number of 6077. The receptionist again looked for their appointment letter and passport if they still have it, on my husband's case he told her its with the medical result from the SLEC and showed my daughter's passport since he' s the one bringing the medical result of my daughter( failed to reached their cut-off time last July 15 at SLEC).

_ Waited for an hour or two then theyre names were called for fingerprint scanning( husband only) no fingerprint scanning for kids, then they asked my daughter her name and date of birth but she is a shy girl and didint answer it... her dad kept telling her to answer the questions but to no avail.. :lol: so the they told them to wait for their number to flash on the screen, however after 30 mins they were called back again at the fingerprint scanning section coz they really want my daughter to answer the questions directed to her previously :bonk: am glad my daughter was able to answer for her complete name and birthdate at this time.

_Waited for another hour before they were called... this time it was at the Prescreening Section.. the Filipina lady was quite strict... she was looking for the documents(supporting evidences of Identity/proof of relationship) and asking questions at the same time:

-multiple pictures with the petitioner over a significant period of time ( she never specified how many)

-DS230 updated and signed

-cards and letters( prescreener really wanted letters and not cards only, but we didnt have any but I wrote my husband a note when I sent

him additional documents via fed-ex and she found it on the envelope and she was the one who said..yes you do have a letter from ur

wife and my hubby said its only a note)

-birth certificates for us 3

-marriage certificate ( she returned our original form from the NVC packet and asked for a photocopy only)

-money transfers, phone bills, email and chat logs, and prepaid cards

-asked the petitioner's age when I left the country for US

-hubby's age when he entered the US as B2 Visa

-our age when we got married

-places my husband travelled outside the country ( he was scolded by the lady coz he forgot to mention our travel to some Asian countries

for our vacation, he only mentioned his US business trip, and she found it out at my hubby's old passport :bonk: )

-old passports ( this is where she found out our travel to Thailand and Singapore that my hubby forgot to mention when she asked

travels outside the country) it was an honest mistake...

-US visa extension docs like the I-94, the application for extension, and the approval notice

-my daughter was funny coz she did number 2 on her diaper while the prescreening was still ongoing and my husband excused themselves

to the bathroom to changed her, however they waited for them to comeback and continued the screening. It was the longest part for them.

anyway, they were done and waited at the waiting area for their turn for the CO visa interview

_Waited for another 30mins before they were called for their final interview, the CO was a nice and pleasant lady :) she asked my husband's name and they were seated, and told them she will get back to them. after few mins , she asked my hubby if what language would he be comfortable for the interview and he told her, English will be fine. Next was the Oath taking and with raising the right hand of course before the interview begun.. and here were the questions( pertains most about our relationship):

-where did u meet with ur wife? at the neighborhood since childhood

-how old is ur daughter? 5yrs

-so u work in Lexington, KY and ur B2 visa was extended? yes

-did u work outside the Philippines other than the Lexington, KY? no

-the CO was looking at our pics( she commented on one of the pics which was our wedding pic with the Justice of Peace on his beard, and

just said, his beard is interesting and laugh)

-what is ur wife's job?

-petitioner and her job?

-how long u were married?

-how long u been together? and my husband told her not very long since we were apart from each other and the CO said, " I understand

your situation, it must be very difficult for both of u and ur daughter." and my husband was teary-eyed :crying: when he heard her

comments.

-and to end the interview, the CO finally told my husband, " I have no problems approving your visa, you can go back to the waiting area

and wait for ur name to be called from Window Y for visa delivery instructions." There were no questions asked for my daughter she was

just an audience to the final interview.... :dance: :dance: :dance: Yeheyyyy.. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ... :)

but it was already 12noon so the windows were closed and they will reopen at 1pm after lunch break.

_Hubby had his lunch and back to the USEM at exactly 1pm, brought along our daughter just in case she will be needed. From window 15 now,

they gave my hubby the PINK SLIP :wow: and proceeded to Air21 area and paid the amount of Php 250+ for each visa, so he ended up paying about Php 500+ for the two of them. they said it will take maximum of ten days to deliver the visa depending on how fast the USEM processing.

Thank GOD for everything... :star: Praise be our Lord Jesus Christ for helping us on our journeys.. to all of us here in VJ's , goodluck and God bless us all...

Hope this will help..

Chakadoll :thumbs:

-

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Here is my husband and daughter's experience at the USEM Manila for Visa Interview...

O710 AM Theyre at the USEM ground, the guard aske for their appointment letter and ID before they were allowed to get inside the building. Then they followed the Immigration arrow.. and they were greeted at the reception and given their priority number of 6077. The receptionist again looked for their appointment letter and passport if they still have it, on my husband's case he told her its with the medical result from the SLEC and showed my daughter's passport since he' s the one bringing the medical result of my daughter( failed to reached their cut-off time last July 15 at SLEC).

_ Waited for an hour or two then theyre names were called for fingerprint scanning( husband only) no fingerprint scanning for kids, then they asked my daughter her name and date of birth but she is a shy girl and didint answer it... her dad kept telling her to answer the questions but to no avail.. :lol: so the they told them to wait for their number to flash on the screen, however after 30 mins they were called back again at the fingerprint scanning section coz they really want my daughter to answer the questions directed to her previously :bonk: am glad my daughter was able to answer for her complete name and birthdate at this time.

_Waited for another hour before they were called... this time it was at the Prescreening Section.. the Filipina lady was quite strict... she was looking for the documents(supporting evidences of Identity/proof of relationship) and asking questions at the same time:

-multiple pictures with the petitioner over a significant period of time ( she never specified how many)

-cards and letters( prescreener really wanted letters and not cards only, but we didnt have any but I wrote my husband a note when I sent

him additional documents via fed-ex and she found it on the envelope and she was the one who said..yes you do have a letter from ur

-marriage certificate ( she returned our original form from the NVC packet and asked for a photocopy only)

-places my husband travelled outside the country ( he was scolded by the lady coz he forgot to mention our travel to some Asian countries

for our vacation, he only mentioned his US business trip, and she found it out at my hubby's old passport :bonk: )

-old passports ( this is where she found out our travel to Thailand and Singapore that my hubby forgot to mention when she asked

-US visa extension docs like the I-94, the application for extension, and the approval notice

-my daughter was funny coz she did number 2 on her diaper while the prescreening was still ongoing and my husband excused themselves

to the bathroom to changed her, however they waited for them to comeback and continued the screening. It was the longest part for them.

anyway, they were done and waited at the waiting area for their turn for the CO visa interview

_Waited for another 30mins before they were called for their final interview, the CO was a nice and pleasant lady :) she asked my husband's name and they were seated, and told them she will get back to them. after few mins , she asked my hubby if what language would he be comfortable for the interview and he told her, English will be fine. Next was the Oath taking and with raising the right hand of course before the interview begun.. and here were the questions( pertains most about our relationship):

-the CO was looking at our pics( she commented on one of the pics which was our wedding pic with the Justice of Peace on his beard, and

-what is ur wife's job?

-petitioner and her job?

-how long u been together? and my husband told her not very long since we were apart from each other and the CO said, " I understand

your situation, it must be very difficult for both of u and ur daughter." and my husband was teary-eyed :crying: when he heard her

comments.

-and to end the interview, the CO finally told my husband, " I have no problems approving your visa, you can go back to the waiting area

and wait for ur name to be called from Window Y for visa delivery instructions." There were no questions asked for my daughter she was

just an audience to the final interview.... :dance: :dance: :dance: Yeheyyyy.. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ... :)

but it was already 12noon so the windows were closed and they will reopen at 1pm after lunch break.

_Hubby had his lunch and back to the USEM at exactly 1pm, brought along our daughter just in case she will be needed. From window 15 now,

they gave my hubby the PINK SLIP :wow: and proceeded to Air21 area and paid the amount of Php 250+ for each visa, so he ended up paying about Php 500+ for the two of them. they said it will take maximum of ten days to deliver the visa depending on how fast the USEM processing.

Thank GOD for everything... :star: Praise be our Lord Jesus Christ for helping us on our journeys.. to all of us here in VJ's , goodluck and God bless us all...

Hope this will help..

-

Congratulations for visa approval. :dance: :dance:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Thank you.. and Goodluck to ur interview too.. God bless u on ur big day.. :thumbs:

Thanks... I am really stressed out... But she is ok... I need all the best wishes.

Thanks again for the wish :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Timeline

congratulations chaks..... now the long wait is finally over. when are they flying over?

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

Timeline

Thanks... I am really stressed out... But she is ok... I need all the best wishes.

Thanks again for the wish :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

She will be fine.. dont worry too much.. Again, goodluck and I really wish you all the best... :)

Timeline

congratulations chaks..... now the long wait is finally over. when are they flying over?

Hello Mitch,

Thank you.. Finally, i can relax now and take a deep breath.. :dance: the plan will be this coming last week or 1st week of october, hopefully God willing.. we left u a note on our forum, hope u got those..

-what is ur wife's job?

-petitioner and her job?

comments.

Hope this will help..

-

Very nice..well done my friend.

Pre-screening was more strict than the CO.

Timeline

-what is ur wife's job?

-petitioner and her job?

comments.

Hope this will help..

-

thanks for the info..it was very detailed and it is a very big help for all of us..just want to ask though..is it required to bring ALL those proofs?that's quite a lot..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Very nice! Congratulations!!!

as1cEZk002B0510MDA0NDZzfDAwMDEyNjdsfFNpbmNlIG91ciB3ZWRkaW5n.gif

08-04-06 Met online

12-06-07 Filed I-129F with VSC

01-29-09 Interview; Case returned back to USCIS for 'further review'

03-21-09 FOIA Request sent (got "we have no records on your case" in respond)

07-08-09 Civil marriage; 07-11-09 Church marriage

11-14-09 I-130 Sent to CSC

11-25-09 Check Cashed by USCIS!

11-28-09 NOA1 hard copy received by snail-mail (dated 11-23-09)

04-30-10 Phone request about case outside the normal processing time

05-05-10 Hard copy letter from VSC about closure the previous petition (dated 04-05-10)

05-18-10 NOA2 hard copy received (by snail-mail)!

06-01-10 NVC case accepted

06-07-10 I-864 bill paid

06-14-10 IV bill paid

07-12-10 I-864 & DS-230 sent to NVC

07-21-10 I-864 & DS-230 received according to AVR

07-23-10 Medical (completed)

08-18-10 SIF, CC @ NVC - Thank You, LORD!

10-14-10 Planned Interview date

10-12-10 Interview cancelled

10-15-10 MRI; Brain tumour

10-19-10 Surgery. Alive

Thank You, LORD!

Love is patient...

united-states-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gifukraine-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Timeline

thanks for the info..it was very detailed and it is a very big help for all of us..just want to ask though..is it required to bring ALL those proofs?that's quite a lot..

Your welcome..Just bring everything u think it will help u to established ur relationship...that way, ur sure u can present it to them if they ask for it.. dont take any chances on this.. remember we waited for long years.. Goodluck

Timeline

Your welcome..Just bring everything u think it will help u to established ur relationship...that way, ur sure u can present it to them if they ask for it.. dont take any chances on this.. remember we waited for long years.. Goodluck

thanks for the info...everyone of you guys here in VJ absolutely helped me a lot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.