3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

I hope it's okay to post this here too but I didn't get an answer in the CR-I section and thought you guys could help me:

I just read from another person who was NOT subject to the 2 year rule that she was insecure about what was stated on the DS-2019.

The form said that she is NOT subject to the 2yr rule.

However then she applied for an Advisory Opinion at the DoS and they told her she IS in fact subjet of this rule and that was its stated on the DS2019 is just preliminary.

What the???

Has this happened to anybody else?

My DS-2019 als says I'm not subject. The skills list thing doesn't apply to me, the medical training also does not. And the only financial support I got was the salary from the company I worked at. This is also stated on the form in box 5. The total amount of salary is listed. Nothing else.

The NVC has already recieved all our documentation so it's too late now to add anything. And franky, I haven't heard of anybody who needed this before from the few people I know who did a CR-I and had a J1 before.

It seems to me that if you make yourself more work, and ask more officials, you will for sure get it.

Any idea about what I should do now?

How can they just decide differently as back then? For sure the Konsul will have thought about this before ticking the box that says "not subject".

I'm totally paranoid now.

Alles wird gut und wenn es noch nicht gut ist, ist es noch nicht vorbei.

US Citizen as of Arpil 17 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the wrong forum in which to ask this question. The CR-1 forum is the correct forum. As you posted your question in the Case Status Update sub-forum rather than in the CR-1 Process and Procedures forum I have moved your post to the main forum as a more likely place to get your answer. Still, it has only been a day since you posted and things tend to be slower on the weekend so I think you just need to wait a little bit more for a response. I am closing this thread but not removing it and linking it to your original thread so if anyone wishes to respond there they can:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/265560-j1-2-year-rule/page__gopid__4071748#entry4071748

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.