birdnerd

Canadian DCFs Waiting for Interview in Montreal

789 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Norah,

That is what I have been thinking as well. I have my pkg4 and it only mentions the fee for the I-130 which I have already paid. I'm going to bring the money just in case. My interview is on Monday. I will let you know afterwards what else needed to be paid.

Sean

oh Good luck with your interview, I am curious to see what happens for you. I am not sure what will happen once we get pkg4 back as there has not been one time when there has been an appointment available on their website. We have 5 people to get "interviewed" and I guess we require more time than smaller families going. How long did it take you to get pkg4 once they got pkg3?

Norah

Sean, I could be wrong because I am just going through this myself (USC) for my family. I have had the same question as you, wondering if there was another fee once we get to Montreal. I have done a lot of reading and from what I can tell, the people that pay in Montreal are ones that have done online or mail in applications and that I paid when I submitted my I-130 in Calgary. They fees have gone up, which is why you only paid the $355, same as we did, looks like they are now $420, not the $404, which just recently changed because I had just seen them listed at $404 but now it says $420. So I am pretty sure that the fees everyone is taking about are the ones we have already paid. Some one can correct me if they paid the fees twice. :) I just sent off the pkg 3 info to Montreal.

Trust me, I'm done with the interview and I paid 404 right at the embassy:

FYI here's the summary of what we paid since we started this application:

355- I-130 ( this is the application fee only)

275 - Medical Exam

404 - US Embassy ( this is the VISA Fee)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Trust me, I'm done with the interview and I paid 404 right at the embassy:

FYI here's the summary of what we paid since we started this application:

355- I-130 ( this is the application fee only)

275 - Medical Exam

404 - US Embassy ( this is the VISA Fee)

good.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

suck! another 2K cha-ching!

Hi Norah,

How many people do you have applying for the visa? We had four,myself and my three children. My interview was on Monday and everything was approved. I requested and was granted a waiver for the personal appearance of the kids; they are all under 14. This was a big help not having to bring them to Montreal for the interview.

Sean

Timeline

Hi Norah,

How many people do you have applying for the visa? We had four,myself and my three children. My interview was on Monday and everything was approved. I requested and was granted a waiver for the personal appearance of the kids; they are all under 14. This was a big help not having to bring them to Montreal for the interview.

Sean

there is 5, my husband and four kids. I would love to do a waiver but they all require medicals which they only do in Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver. So looks like they will have to go with us. Or we make a trip to Vancouver.

So how did your interview go?

Timeline

Hi Norah,

Sean

oh sorry, just reread this, congrats on getting everything approved. I think we might looking into just going to Vancouver and getting a waiver. Just looking to see how I do that. So was it just you that went to Montreal?

Hi everyone,

So my husband's interview is fast approaching on March 4th and i'm definitely getting a bit nervous (as well all do).

We are also heading down the States on the week of February 21st to find an apartment. Has anyone had a lot of difficulties with their own apartment search or was it generally quite easy and not terribly different than finding one up here in Canada?

- Sam

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

It's been a while since we signed in as we find it's just easier on our nerves to go about our everyday lives without checking in so often, so apologies for not being as supportive as we could have been. As you can all attest, it's a very stressful time.

We have a few questions as our interview, four months in the making, is only three weeks away.

Susan, who lives in the US has filed tax returns for 2008 and 2009 but not for 2010 as it's a very complex tax year for her, involving a move and receiving income from two different countries. For those who have interviewed recently, how in-depth was the investigation into the tax documents? How were you able to prove that the taxes had been filed - were computer print outs enough, or were letters from CPAs required to prove that you had filed? We have other ways of proving domicile (a lease, bank accounts etc), but this is a tricky one for us especially as Susan only received the relevant documents a week or so ago. Is the W2 form sufficient to prove that you're earning income and plan to file?

Secondly, and it may seem like a silly question but when they ask you to bring the "Appointment letter" for your interview, did people receive a letter or is it just a printout of the canada.usvisa-info site?

Lastly, I seem to remember that copies need to be certified but can't find that anywhere. Do photocopies need to be certified for the interview process?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Matt & Susan

If you are doing a DCF, the Canadian cannot leave the country. I talked to Border patrol about this three times. When I talked to them last time, they said that any attempt to cross the border may result in cancellation of the green card application as it may be interpreted as attempting to take residency prior to receiving your green card.

I would definitely call them to ask. My husband is a Canadian. We are doing a DCF for his green card, and he cannot even come to the States for a job interview or to do house-hunting with me.

I would make absolutely sure that you are not going to have problems. I was told that they DO have a record at the border of everyone in process. So, I wouldn't risk if it they say that the beneficiary can't go into the US.

If you are doing a DCF, the Canadian cannot leave the country. I talked to Border patrol about this three times. When I talked to them last time, they said that any attempt to cross the border may result in cancellation of the green card application as it may be interpreted as attempting to take residency prior to receiving your green card.

I would definitely call them to ask. My husband is a Canadian. We are doing a DCF for his green card, and he cannot even come to the States for a job interview or to do house-hunting with me.

I would make absolutely sure that you are not going to have problems. I was told that they DO have a record at the border of everyone in process. So, I wouldn't risk if it they say that the beneficiary can't go into the US.

Is this referring to my questions about my husband and myself looking for apartments down in the States in a couple of weeks? My husband is the Canadian and he is planning on going with me. We have planned our trip, bought the plane tickets, etc. This is the first i've heard of this. Can someone confirm if this is really true. This is really freaking me out. I need my husband down there to help out.

- Sam

Is this referring to my questions about my husband and myself looking for apartments down in the States in a couple of weeks? My husband is the Canadian and he is planning on going with me. We have planned our trip, bought the plane tickets, etc. This is the first i've heard of this. Can someone confirm if this is really true. This is really freaking me out. I need my husband down there to help out.

- Sam

I did as much research as I could about this and it seems like my husband should be able to accompany me to the U.S. provided he brings documents that proves he intends to return to Canada (letter from employer, bills, bank statements from open Canadian accounts, etc.). I found this topic below:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/187326-visit-us-while-cr-1-visa-is-being-processed/page__p__3840412__hl__visiting+united+states__fromsearch__1#entry3840412

Of course, people filing through the DCF may be different, but I don't see why they would be.

Did anyone here visit the U.S. while their application was pending?

- Sam

Timeline

I just called border protection and they said that if you want to travel to the US that you require a "Parole" document from CIS. Didn't really say how to get that document but said they had a website at uscis.gov So if you figure that out, please let other know, thanks

I found this document Parole info But after reading the comments from the other thread, I would say just try that :)

Hey Norah,

Thanks for the help. I actually called the US customs and border control myself and the woman I spoke to said that all my husband needs to bring is proof he fully intends to go back to Canada after visiting the United States (but also that he should bring as much as he can). So it sounds like the people in the other thread were correct. This is an absolutely massive relief!

Thanks again,

- Sam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.