one...two...tree

Republicans To Unemployed: Why Won't You All Just Get Some Jobs Already?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I'm sorry but unless one has flipped burgers for the last decade, there is no excuse for the amount of money you've made in the last pay period being all the money you have. Anyone who can say that and mean it is pathetic.

There are lots of excuses....such as losing health insurance and then discovering you have cancer.

If you live in your parent's house (apartment cost $0) or in Section 8 (apartment cost $200),

you can afford to have this job. Yay. Oh wait, then there is the trailer park, trailer rental - may be $300?

The rest of the unemployed better find real jobs, or else young kids and poor people will be forced into unemployment instead.

Next you guys are going to demand your citizens, you know we the people and all that, live in cardboard boxes and even demand they start eating Raman noodles or even dirt.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Get rid of the financial debt you can no longer afford due to being laid off or fired and live with in your means; no one owes you anything more than what you earned during your last pay period.

Are you for real? If I was let go in an Aussie firm, I would usually receive between 4 weeks pay for every year I have been there. A large number of companies will prepare some sort of package which ranges between $50k and up. What's funny with you guys is that you will scold a worker for receiving anything but have no problem with CEOs receiving $20 or $50 million, even after getting fired.

Unless you guys are hidden multimillionaires, you do have to wonder about your sanity cheering on for the mega-wealthy.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No ones is cheering the MEGA wealthy.

Anyone who walks around thinking the government or the guy next door or even the wealthy guy who hired you to do a job for a set pay owes you more than you earned is really lyng to themselves and does not take responsibility.

If you do not like it then start your own company and pay people and fire them or lay them off as you see fit and keep paying them out of your pocket....It will not happen maybe in extreme social economic societies where the economy will shrink eventually because industry will run away as it did here in the USA.

The people who go on about give me benefits because I worked for you and now the job is gone typically (not all) are the ones who lived well beyond their means or do not own the company and it sure isn't coming out of their pockets.

some one that will not take a lower paying job an will hold out for more and suck from society becasue they believe they are owed are sluggos

It isn't the company that made you go buy that house or car or have 4 kids or made you go into debt.

Now as for being real about not being owed a dime.

Have you ever paid some one from your own pocket while they looked for another job? I am not speaking about UI benefits because typically people pay into them so that is already agreed on.

My measley salary a year that I earned with no education except for slinging Subs probably doen't compare to most of you guys here talking but I earned with sweat and still have to earn because the next guy is knocking on my backdoor. I have no allusions regarding what is owed to me beyond what I have earned.

I have at least enough saved to extinguish my debt if needed and live for several years at the level I am at with little cash flow rentals and that is because of my sweat not what anyone gives me.

Heck I do not even know if I would qualify for the extended UI benefits so I am not counting on it; I am still waiting for Steve to see if there was any clauses in the bill to prevent someone form recieving it.

Edited by evli1966

Now as for being real about not being owed a dime.

Have you ever paid some one from your own pocket while they looked for another job? I am not speaking about UI benefits because typically people pay into them so that is already agreed on.

My measley salary a year that I earned with no education except for slinging Subs probably doen't compare to most of you guys here talking but I earned with sweat and still have to earn because the next guy is knocking on my backdoor. I have no allusions regarding what is owed to me beyond what I have earned.

I have at least enough saved to extinguish my debt if needed and live for several years at the level I am at with little cash flow rentals and that is because of my sweat not what anyone gives me.

Heck I do not even know if I would qualify for the extended UI benefits so I am not counting on it; I am still waiting for Steve to see if there was any clauses in the bill to prevent someone form recieving it.

That is the first difference right there. Had you been doing the same job in AUS, you'd be earning at least $16 an hour. And why should you not? Just because I went to college doesn't mean blue-collar work is any less important. I hated unions all my life and believed the same thing, until I moved here and saw the other extreme. Work is work, as long as you are working for something and doing a good job at it, why should you not be paid a decent livable salary? Being wealthy and sitting on your yacht is not spoken negatively against but boy should that single mother working two jobs to feed her kids be held accountable.

They don't have UI in AUS. Once you are let go, you are paid unemployment benefits by the federal government [indefinitely] while you look for work. Of course you have to meet a criteria, be worth under x, sign a contract and look for 10 or fourteen jobs every two weeks but you at least have enough to get and scrape by in order to focus on getting a job. Pays about $818 USD per month, plus a rent allowance and also includes health-care and discount crucial medication for about $5 each.

Another difference as stated above, if you are retrenchment or retire, you receive a decent payout. It's not a matter of owing you anything, rather, a case of providing an employee a bonus for their service. CEOs receive it in the millions, so why shouldn't employees who actually do the work receive the same.

Timeline

That is the first difference right there. Had you been doing the same job in AUS, you'd be earning at least $16 an hour. And why should you not? Just because I went to college doesn't mean blue-collar work is any less important. I hated unions all my life and believed the same thing, until I moved here and saw the other extreme. Work is work, as long as you are working for something and doing a good job at it, why should you not be paid a decent livable salary? Being wealthy and sitting on your yacht is not spoken negatively against but boy should that single mother working two jobs to feed her kids be held accountable.

They don't have UI in AUS. Once you are let go, you are paid unemployment benefits by the federal government [indefinitely] while you look for work. Of course you have to meet a criteria, be worth under x, sign a contract and look for 10 or fourteen jobs every two weeks but you at least have enough to get and scrape by in order to focus on getting a job. Pays about $818 USD per month, plus a rent allowance and also includes health-care and discount crucial medication for about $5 each.

Another difference as stated above, if you are retrenchment or retire, you receive a decent payout. It's not a matter of owing you anything, rather, a case of providing an employee a bonus for their service. CEOs receive it in the millions, so why shouldn't employees who actually do the work receive the same.

This is a twist of wording not by you but probably by the government or socialites of Aus.

BONUS is not a right. A bonus is earned for doing the extroadinary, going the extra mile meeting quotas, etc. just be cause you work for a company does not enttitle you to extra cash out of the companies coffers because you were laid of unless it was for liable reasons. Now most companies will pay you for earned vaction time which is typicall a year behind, earned bunuses that have yet to be paid out..with that said we have plenty of CEOs and higher level positions which ar negociated with someone as they are hired.

They will recieve bonus no matter what or a severance package no matter what do I think that is wrong..in a way I do from the perspective of someone that never had that opportunity and as an employer that should not pay under performers.

BTW the AUS feds pay this out where do they get the money from?

I understand the country is doing quite well but how does the population compare to the much larger nations that do or do not have such social rules whos economies are tanking?

If AUS had the population to support as these countries do these laws would drain the people in such a way they would be changed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I bet the employer that paid your measly sub slinging salary was too generous.

Or else, how did you afford those cashflow rental properties? :unsure:

Of course, may be you got the money from friends/relatives...

I can see why you don't want to support people who lost their jobs. 1. You made it. You think everyone else can. It is not so. It all depends on particular town/state/health/IQ/family support/college buddies/pure luck/financial habits.

To bring this argument to a closure, even I agree that 2 years of unemployment pay is enough.

My measley salary a year that I earned with no education except for slinging Subs probably doen't compare to most of you guys here talking but I earned with sweat and still have to earn because the next guy is knocking on my backdoor.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline

I bet the employer that paid your measly sub slinging salary was too generous.

Or else, how did you afford those cashflow rental properties? :unsure:

Of course, may be you got the money from friends/relatives...

I can see why you don't want to support people who lost their jobs. 1. You made it. You think everyone else can. It is not so. It all depends on particular town/state/health/IQ/family support/college buddies/pure luck/financial habits.

To bring this argument to a closure, even I agree that 2 years of unemployment pay is enough.

What do you think is a fair salary for 80 hours a week living on the road 4-5 nights a week; 10 person team of the best restaurant operators in our market; coordinating all the new franchisee openings and prociding them support; not counting the now 9 years of experience plus the experience before that.

Friends and family supported emotionally me when I hit the bottom in 1996 and lost everything due to my own stupid actions and choices.

Even during that down period I did not draw unemployment ( I may not have qualified due to my shall we say legal status). I have drawn unemployment for about 2 weeksnduring my entire work career; I do not want to support the sluggos that believe it is better to sit on UI instead of taking a job.

1. Did I make it? every month it seems a new law is past because some whacko does something to stir up the people against others who may have similar past convictions and because it is not politically coorect to protect my rights I get swept under the rug with many others. The new UI benefits have clauses that prevent certain Felons from recieveing the UI benefits doesn't matter how long ago you were convicted or whether you can support your family after being laid off after 20 years of work. (being laid off with out fault of your own.)

2. If I wanted to start a business I and others can no longer recieve SBA loans for the same reasons.

Tell me how this makes sense and that I have made it.

I saved my own money and put down payments on properties I could afford to purchase; those properties pay for themselves so I did not have to take away from my savings for retirement. What prevents the HIGH Salary postioned people who lost their jobs form doing the same thing..are they not smarter than me with that big ole education?

It all depends on particular

town/state - move the heck out if yo uhave no job get out.

health - many factors here if health prevetn you from getting a job then extended UI benefits are not the path you need to follow

IQ - I am no the smart guy or the educated one. If you speaking of mentally challenged then refer to health and possibly family

family support - my family is from the poor class we save and are as frugal as we can be with spending.. we all help our elders in someway daughter,sons,cousins grandchildren all help the older generation and take care of them as best as we can

college buddies - again I am not the educated one but I can see were friends could help but your placing a burden on them they would have to accept

pure luck - I am not a believer in luck but i do believe SHITE happens good or bad as long as it is not to the determent of someone else then move with it

financial habits again being from the poor but repsected and hard working we buy what we need and save for the future. Doesn't take a genious to know that if you earn $100k you do not spend $80 a year thinking you have $20 left over or $100k a year and your home is purchased for $600k and you drive a $50k car and the wife has a $30k mini van

I know you weren't out to portray me as a bad rich guy that I am not but it sounded that way.

If they pass the law it needs to be finite and not be constitutionally unsound. And I can be wrong in regards to the law it may have changed.

Alsoif anyone thinks I am throwing a wow is me card out there..Iapologize I was hoping it didn't sound that way.

Edited by evli1966

This is a twist of wording not by you but probably by the government or socialites of Aus.

BONUS is not a right. A bonus is earned for doing the extroadinary, going the extra mile meeting quotas, etc. just be cause you work for a company does not enttitle you to extra cash out of the companies coffers because you were laid of unless it was for liable reasons. Now most companies will pay you for earned vaction time which is typicall a year behind, earned bunuses that have yet to be paid out..with that said we have plenty of CEOs and higher level positions which ar negociated with someone as they are hired.

They will recieve bonus no matter what or a severance package no matter what do I think that is wrong..in a way I do from the perspective of someone that never had that opportunity and as an employer that should not pay under performers.

Unless someone is the owner of a business or a CEO, I don't think you will find many on either side of politics there who disagree with employees being paid out when they leave or retire. People power and good old common sense wins, considering at least 90% of the country does not own a business. As such, why would I want a better deal for the 10% who are already getting and awesome deal and tax breaks that I don't get period? Over here downsizing means bye bye don't let the door hit you on your way out. Over there it means here is a severance package to leave; which ranges from the typical $30K to $90K, up to a few hundred thousand - all depending on how long you have been there and your role of course. Furthermore, due to government legislation, if an Enron was to occur, employers are to be paid wages first, followed by creditors etc. This is how We the People over there and in other first world countries set the rules for businesses to abide by; something hardly unreasonable if you ask me.

BTW the AUS feds pay this out where do they get the money from?

I understand the country is doing quite well but how does the population compare to the much larger nations that do or do not have such social rules whos economies are tanking?

If AUS had the population to support as these countries do these laws would drain the people in such a way they would be changed.

Income tax and sales tax 10% GST [VAT] is handled on the Fed level. That way it minimizes loopholes and removes unnecessary bureaucracy. AUS actually used to have US style sales tax, yet us conservatives put this new system into action after analyzing its huge success abroad. The funds collected are then distributed accordingly to each state, similar to how various states and counties do it here - just on a federal level. This also means that the ticket price is the final price and you cannot buy stuff out of state and avoid tax. The highest income tax bracket is 45% for any income over $156K. These tax measures are also why I have never heard anyone say the gov has no money to do something; which ironically is something I regularly hear here and it's only worsened in this crises.

The population by means of immigration is controlled accordingly, which promotes and encourages high salaries and a high standard of living. This restriction of the labor pool is also why blue-collar workers alone there earn above $50, with some earning well into the hundred thousand range.

Timeline

Just try to find someone in HR who will hire you if you are over qualified...

No one says you have to put all your qualifications down.

Omitting some of your qualifications is not lying on an application but can allow you to get your foot in the door.

When they ask "how do you know hwo that process works?" You state "I have previous experience" When they state "Why didn't you sate that when we hired you?"You reply "It wasn't relevant to the position I was applying for".

If you being hired through HR then it typically isn't an issue with worring about the guy that doesn't wan to be replaced. Any company that prefers to hire the less qualified know it is more expensive to hire and train someone new as opposed to hiring someone with experience and a lower than expected salary or pay rate. A quality company will set expectations upon hiring no matter what your qualifications are and it is up to you to meet thse expecations at the agreed upon rate.

Try to find someone who will hire someone with a felony conviction in their past; especially a quality job with good pay and benefits.

Edited by evli1966

Timeline

Please understand I am not saying there is a job for everyone let alone the job of their dream.

I am saying that there is still work out there and some if not most are not willing to except or make any effort to take a job that they deem is beneath their experience level or education.