596 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

@thelastpetitioner: Thank you. I'm also glad to hear things worked out with you too. Were you user "ygr"? Wishing you and everyone here a Happy New Year. Please keep this thread alive.

yup,after everyone in our thread got theirs ( two people have already gotten their visas ) i changed my name to the last petitioner

merry christmas and happy new year

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, our 5 months is up today. I'll be calling tomorrow to see if there's any new info, though it looks at this point as if I'll just get a vague, scripted response. If calling doesn't get me anywhere, I'll try emailing, and if that doesn't work I'll call my Senator lol. I'll post new info if I get it. >_<

event.png

usaflag.gif~Christina~valentine60.gif~Mark~british_flag.gif

I have called several times, emailed and nothing......totally nothing. ###### useless!!!

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Timeline

I have called several times, emailed and nothing......totally nothing. ###### useless!!!

Indeed. I just got off the phone with a lady and it took all my strength not to scream at her. All she told me was that I should "call back in 19 days" because 19 days prior to today is the current date of applications they are processing at VSC. When I asked her to submit a service request she said "the system won't let me because you're still within normal processing times". Then I called her on her BS and said that I was looking at the website and that it said 5 months was the current processing time, she said, "oh, that's just a vague estimate, not an actual timeline". I gave up because I'm sick and didn't have the strength to argue with her anymore. But I agree with everyone that this is complete BS. I've paid them almost $500 so they can sit around and make me wait. I'm just completely not ok with that. -_-

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When will these bureaucrats stop lying to us with their standard excuse of "We are working on July 10?"

They have been "working" on July 10 all month, yet Igor's list shows many pre-July 10 still open and several post July 10 already processed, including one from July 20 that came in today.

I think these people think that we are each operating in a vacuum, such that they can tell us any ridiculous lie that they want, and we will somehow believe it. That is probably what they are used to.

My turn to call won't happen for another 54 days. Hopefully, I will have my NOA2 by then, making it all moot. If not and it becomes call time, I intend to have Igor's list open in front of me so I can call them on their lies.

Everyone else that calls should do the same.

We compare notes here, and if we all use it properly, it can be a useful tool in calling these liars out.

Filed: Timeline

I just called USCIS in regards to my July 29 I-129F petition. First I called and went through the automated line, which reads you the same information available online. I then pressed '3' to report a problem. This transferred me first to a man who basically read me the same information available online, and when I asked to be transferred to a higher level of customer service he told me "what he could do" is check Vermont's current processing time. I said okay, and after a moment he was able to tell me that Vermont is currently working on July 10 petitions. Because of this, he said he was unable to put in an investigation request since I am still not outside of normal processing time. I thanked him, hung up, and dialed USCIS again.

I went through the same process, but this time with a woman. She essentially told me everything the first operator said, but I waited patiently until she was done. Then I said, "You have been a wonderful help, but I would like to talk to a higher level of customer service in hopes of getting some more information." She was very kind and put the request through.

After a few seconds, an officer was on the other line and asked some very basic information to confirm my identity. I gave him my receipt number, and he put me on hold for a moment. When he returned, he told me the same thing: Vermont is currently processing July 10 visas, and that I would still be within the normal processing times for another 16 days. He said nothing was available to him about my case in the database he was accessing.

So...unfortunately, the officer was unable to tell me anything. At least I will be able to relax for the next little bit when the mail arrives. I don't expect my NOA2 (or, heaven forbid, RFE) for at least another week or so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Indeed. I just got off the phone with a lady and it took all my strength not to scream at her. All she told me was that I should "call back in 19 days" because 19 days prior to today is the current date of applications they are processing at VSC. When I asked her to submit a service request she said "the system won't let me because you're still within normal processing times". Then I called her on her BS and said that I was looking at the website and that it said 5 months was the current processing time, she said, "oh, that's just a vague estimate, not an actual timeline". I gave up because I'm sick and didn't have the strength to argue with her anymore. But I agree with everyone that this is complete BS. I've paid them almost $500 so they can sit around and make me wait. I'm just completely not ok with that. -_-

Try calling back and ask to talk to someone higher up. I know it doesn't always work, but it just depends on who you talk to. I called twice and the same thing happened to me. Even though I'm outside the processing time (NOA1 July 17), the system would not allow them to put in a request. I assume this is because they are not working on July 17 petitions yet. Some of the operators just told me that I wasn't outside the processing time yet, but the third lady I talked to did not know why it wouldn't let her put in a request, so she transferred me to a higher level. This lady asked several ?'s to confirm my identity such as my DOB, my fiancee's DOB, last 4 digits of SSN, etc.. Then, she contacted the VSC and gave me a reference number to use when I call back if VSC doesn't email me before Jan. 6. I read on some other forums where people had a similar experience of USCIS saying VSC will email them back in about 2 weeks. It's worth a try at least :thumbs:

11-30-08 Met on christianpenpals.com
05-27-10 Met for 1st time in person in Philippines
06-02-10 Proposed...She said "yes"!!!
K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-04-11 NOA2 - Finally!!!
01-07-11 NVC received
01-10-11 NVC sent to consulate/embassy (Manila)
01-10-11 NOA2 hardcopy (mail)
01-12-11 Embassy received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
02-01-11 Medical Day 2: Passed!!!
02-04-11 Interview: Approved! (Thank you, Lord!)
02-10-11 2GO received visa from embassy
02-14-11 Visa in hand (picked up at 2GO branch)
02-17-11 CFO sticker for passport
03-10-11 Arrived in U.S. with my fiancee
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
06-21-11 NOA 1 (Mobile/Email)
07-07-11 Transfer date (California Service Center)
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!
08-18-11 Approval and green card received in mail

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Timeline

Try calling back and ask to talk to someone higher up. I know it doesn't always work, but it just depends on who you talk to.

Thanks, I'm glad it worked for you, but I guess I just always talked to the wrong person lol. I've called four times and gotten the same response each time. :( At this point I guess I'll just wait 19 days like they said, and trust that God will give me a miracle when it's the right time lol. Sucks to wait, but I guess the longer I wait, the more money I have saved up. :P

event.png

Timeline

The fact remains that these people are lying. They have been using the July 10 excuse all month long, and unless so many people filed on July 10 that it takes a whole month to process one day, there is no way this statement can be true.

And Igor's list shows to the contrary. Six VJ people were given NOA2 in December, none from July 10, half pre-July 10 and half post-July 10.

Did anybody confront them with this?

You can be polite and confrontational at the same time. Believe me because I have done it in business, and I plan to do it on my phone call day 54 days from now if they try to lie to me at that time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The fact remains that these people are lying. They have been using the July 10 excuse all month long, and unless so many people filed on July 10 that it takes a whole month to process one day, there is no way this statement can be true.

And Igor's list shows to the contrary. Six VJ people were given NOA2 in December, none from July 10, half pre-July 10 and half post-July 10.

Did anybody confront them with this?

You can be polite and confrontational at the same time. Believe me because I have done it in business, and I plan to do it on my phone call day 54 days from now if they try to lie to me at that time.

^This. When someone calls they should confront them with this. Simply say "Well, my good friend "XXX" got his NOA2 on XXX and his NOA1 date was XXX, so if you are just on July 10, how did he/she get it".

Timeline

^This. When someone calls they should confront them with this. Simply say "Well, my good friend "XXX" got his NOA2 on XXX and his NOA1 date was XXX, so if you are just on July 10, how did he/she get it".

Yes! That is EXACTLY what I meant. Polite but firm.

Congratulations to Marcus & Abby who got their NOA2 yesterday.

I am so pulling for the rest of July filers.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

I also got my approval yesterday :):)

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

I also got my approval yesterday :):)

I hear that it goes much faster now. I hope that you don't mow down the London embassy getting your passport stamped. I'm verrrrrry happy for you.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.