cshell

vaccinations

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

For a K-1:

I am aware that once the beneficiary comes to the US and marries that vaccinations will need to be done as one of the steps. Additionally, I know that the person can choose to have the required vaccinations in their own country or the US. But my question is about prior to US arrival, when the petitioner/my fiance goes for his medical he needs to do the:

DS-2053 medical Exam

DS-3024 chest x-ray

DS-3026 medical history and physical exam. worksheet

But what about the DS-3025 Vaccination Domumentation Worksheet? Does the doctor need to do that even though vaccinations for my fiance are not needed until after arrival in the US. I thought that I had read that the vaccination sheet needs to be in the packet at POE. I ask as the Embassy tip sheet included in Packet 4 doesn't state that it needs to be done. But if it isn't done then how will the US doctor know what vaccinations my fiance had in his own country?

Your fiance should have a vaccination certificate in his possession as evidence.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline

cshell,

Yes, filling out a DS-3025 will be part of the visa medical exam. It will show what vaccinations the person has or has not had, and if those that have not been had are needed or are medically inappropriate.

The Civil Surgeon in the US will find out what is needed by reviewing the records that the person provides, or perhaps by doing appropriate tests. The task will be very simple if the person gets a photocopy of the DS-3025 from the Panel Physician to show to the Civil Surgeon.

Yodrak

For a K-1:

I am aware that once the beneficiary comes to the US and marries that vaccinations will need to be done as one of the steps. Additionally, I know that the person can choose to have the required vaccinations in their own country or the US. But my question is about prior to US arrival, when the petitioner/my fiance goes for his medical he needs to do the:

DS-2053 medical Exam

DS-3024 chest x-ray

DS-3026 medical history and physical exam. worksheet

But what about the DS-3025 Vaccination Domumentation Worksheet? Does the doctor need to do that even though vaccinations for my fiance are not needed until after arrival in the US. I thought that I had read that the vaccination sheet needs to be in the packet at POE. I ask as the Embassy tip sheet included in Packet 4 doesn't state that it needs to be done. But if it isn't done then how will the US doctor know what vaccinations my fiance had in his own country?

Timeline

Yodrak.

This is what the embassy just wrote me:

"Your fiancé is not required to have a DS-3025 completed by the doctor; he will complete this form

when he applies for adjustment of status in the United States, after you are married."

I find this very interestng. I hope that he can write the vaccinations on DS-3036 - Medical History or on the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation even though it isn't needed so that he has a record to show the civil surgeon in the US.

Jen,

My fiance doesn't personally have any record of his vaccinations he lost it about 2 years ago. But he will go to the hospital and see if he can get a copy.

Filed: Timeline

cshell,

Not as inconsistent with my post as might appear - it does confirm that having the vaccinations is not a requirement for a K visa, and it's nice to know that if the Panel Physician does not do a DS-3025 for whatever reason it will not be a problem in Guyana.

I don't see why a Panel Physician would not fill out a DS-3025 as part of the medical exam, in my (limited) experience they always do, but I guess I should change my previous statement from 'they will' to 'they may'.

In any case, this information that you've received alerts your fiance to the fact that he should talk to the Panel Physician about the DS-3025 and ask for it if he wants it and the doctor had not intended to fill one out.

Yodrak

Yodrak.

"Your fiancé is not required to have a DS-3025 completed by the doctor; he will complete this form

when he applies for adjustment of status in the United States, after you are married."

I find this very interestng. I hope that he can write the vaccinations on DS-3036 - Medical History or on the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation even though it isn't needed so that he has a record to show the civil surgeon in the US.

Jen,

My fiance doesn't personally have any record of his vaccinations he lost it about 2 years ago. But he will go to the hospital and see if he can get a copy.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yodrak.

Jen,

Alternatively, if he can't get a copy, he could run blood tests that would work as evidence that he's taken the vaccines needed for the medical in Guyana. That's what I did in Brazil.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Yodrak.

Jen,

Alternatively, if he can't get a copy, he could run blood tests that would work as evidence that he's taken the vaccines needed for the medical in Guyana. That's what I did in Brazil.

David just had to do that in Germany as he did not have a vaccination record either. Results were received yesterday.. he's current on everything for the K1.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It will be better and most likely cheaper for them to get the shots in their own country. Once here in the US you will have to find the properly certified doctor to administer the shots and most likely it will not be covered by your insurance. This is at least what my friend that just got married here found out. My friend was also tolds that the shots reveived in the native country are honored. Hopes this helps.

Timeline

When the embassy sent the initial incorrect visa packet 4 (immigrant visa) it had included the (2) DS-3025, when my fiance picked up the correct visa packet 4 (K-1 visa) I realized that it did not include the form, nor request it to be brought to the embassy for the interview. So I fortunately have it due to the error of the embassy sending the wrong packet 4. I called to Visa Inquiry at 202-663-1225 and the woman told me that since he isn't coming in as an immigrant that he doesn't need to have the DS-3025 in the brown sealed packet. But in all of my reviews of past threads - people show the DS-3025 to the US civil surgeon in the US as part of the fullfillment of AOS.

So needless to say, since we have (2) DS-3025 forms I will ask my fiance to ask the doctor to fill out both and that my fiance keep one and give the other to the embassy if they would like it for the brown envelope.

On a side note the K-1 visa tip sheet that my fiance received was dated as revised 10/17/2005, the one I got email after requesting it from the embassy was dated revised 9/19/2006 (how that could be I do not know since the date hasn't passed) but anyway under financial documents that the petitioner needs to provide - they were different. For the parts that were different my fiance's stated that I needed to provide job letter, pay stub and bank statements. Mine did not. The embassy told me to go by the newer one (mine). So when the tip sheet arrives for what to bring to the embassy be sure that it says K-1 Visa and has a somewhat current revised date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi there,

This is not directly on your issue but consider this:

You can have bloodwork be done to establish which vacination you have had... they look for the presence of antibodies in your blood. If you do not have the vacination records, this is wonderful and can prevent you from unnecesery vacinations. Ask your doctor to do bloodwork and five you the results. Then when you go thru immigration they will only give you what you need.

Justin

PS: I did this when I got my greencard.

what about the DS-3025 Vaccination Domumentation Worksheet? Does the doctor need to do that even though vaccinations for my fiance are not needed until after arrival in the US. I thought that I had read that the vaccination sheet needs to be in the packet at POE. I ask as the Embassy tip sheet included in Packet 4 doesn't state that it needs to be done. But if it isn't done then how will the US doctor know what vaccinations my fiance had in his own country

04/02/2006 -- Mailed Petition

04/13/2006 -- NOA 1 Received Date

04/19/2006 -- NOA 1 Notice Date

06/23/2006 -- NOA IMBRA Notice Date

06/26/2006 -- NOA IMBRA Received

06/29/2006 -- NOA IMBRA Send Back

07/12/2006 -- Email Confirming RFE for IMBRA

08/16/2006 -- Touched

08/17/2006 -- APPROVED!!!! NOA2

09/05/2006 -- NVC Receipt

11/08/2006 -- VISA Received in Kiev!

12/23/2006 -- Entered the US (no problems)

-----------

01/19/2007 -- Married !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My parents can't find my vaccination card, but my mum mentioned this bloodtest method to determine which vaccines i've had, so i'm relieved to read it's possible and valid for the medical, but one question, do you need to ask your regular doctor for it, or at the medical exam for the visa?

thanx!!

TIMELINE

K1 visa 2006

May 9th Sent I-129 petition

May 16th NOA1 telling us they sent our case to California Service Center

June 23rd IMBRA RFE

Sept. 5th NOA2!!!!

Dec. 12th Interview at Consulate APPROVED!!!

Dec. 14th Visa received

March 19th Move to the US!

AOS

June 15th Sent AOS and AED package

June 25th NOA1s for AOS and AED

July 21st Appointment for Biometrics

July 24th RFE (co-sponsor's passport copy) sent back

Sept. 10th EAD aproved

Sept. 12th EAD card received in the mail

Oct. 9th AOS Interview. APPROVED!!!

Oct. 19th GREEN CARD received!!

126 days!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
My parents can't find my vaccination card, but my mum mentioned this bloodtest method to determine which vaccines i've had, so i'm relieved to read it's possible and valid for the medical, but one question, do you need to ask your regular doctor for it, or at the medical exam for the visa?

thanx!!

Anna, I'll tell what it is like in Brazil. We schedule an appointment with the doctor. At this point we don't need to give them the number case assigned by NVC (that's done after the petition is sent from the service center to NVC). The doctor will ask a few questions that are in a form provided by the consulate and will perform the exam, quite a basic one. He'll then ask for the vaccines needed and a chest X-ray.

He told me to take 3 different vaccines. I had taken one of these but didn't have a vaccination record. He instructed me to run a blood test so I could prove I indeed had. For the other ones, I had to bring him a new vaccination recorded. The blood exam is also needed to test for HIV and syphillis. With all the results in hand, we go back to the doctor and he'll write a report (that's when he needs the case number assigned by NVC).

I don't know what the procedures are in your country. So I guess the best way to go would be get an appointment with a doctor, according to the instructions provided by the consulate.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.