kennym

Colombian Visit - Can I help them with a Tourist Visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All

I am currently in the Process of Petitioning for a K1 Visa.. My Fiancee asked me if there was anything I can do as a USC to help secure a Tourist Visa for my Fiancee's Mom and Her Husband and 2 Kids (fiancee's brother and sister).. Her Mom's Husband really has no legal relationship to my fiancee except for marriage to my fiancee's mom, but they would like to come to the US for our wedding as well as visit the US.. Both, her mom and Mom's Husband are employed with normal income for Colombia. They are good people with some basic financial history such as car loans and home ownership etc..

So, can a USC offer any benefit, to Colombian Citizen to secure a Tourist Visa?

What are the realistic chances they have for getting a Visa?

Kenny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

A tourist visa is based upon the merits and evidence provided by the persons applying. While a letter of invitation may be helpful that is about all the USC can do. The applicant for a tourist visa is always considered to have immigrant intent and it is up to the applicant to prove they will return to their home country by providing evidence of significant ties. Plus on this situation is a legitimate reason for the visit, i.e. the wedding. Negative would be the entire family is traveling to attend said event.

Proof of significant ties can include employment history/proof, home ownership, school enrollment, other family in the home country, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

they can submit original documents to support their economic solvency depending on their particular situation, they may submit recent bank statements, employment letter, pay slips or receipts if they receive pension payment, property tax receipt if they have real estate, are some of the things they can submit, they must show evidence of permanent residence in Colombia with strong ties to return to Colombia.

So, can a USC offer any benefit, to Colombian Citizen to secure a Tourist Visa?
the only thing that you can do is send them a letter of invitation is a help but it does not guarantee to get the visa
What are the realistic chances they have for getting a Visa?
50/50

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The percentage for a tourist visa approval in Colombia is pretty low, about 5%-10%. Most people get denied but it's worth trying. They would just have to bring as much evidence as possible proving that they need to go back to Colombia and that they don't plan to stay in the US. That's the only thing the embassy is concerned with and you don't have anything to do with it. Maybe right an invitation letter as ♫ yakad ♫ said but it's not a guaranteed.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.