^_^

Riots in Oakland

370 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Where is your family originally from again?

I always thought they were purebred master race Yorkshire - but 18 months ago I discoveed a Dubliner fugitive sheep thief called Michael Casson, a Welsh woman by the name of Sarah Bevan, and that others had come from Hereford in the Saxon Midlands. It seems only about 40% of my genes are Viking and from the Yorkshire kingdom of Eric Bloodaxe. I am still trying to adjust. It's like Mr O discovering that he is a Kenyan.

Coldest wettest windyest holiday I ever had was in August on the Lizard. When it's nice, Britain is UNBEATABLE - but when it isn't - aaarrrgghhhh !!!!

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I am a little put off by Brits waxing eternal about a system America rejected more that 200 years ago. :wacko:

They didn't reject it in actuality. They totally embraced it. They incorporated the English Bill of rights and all English laws.

They were still using precedents from English courts many years after the illegal armed treasonable insurrection of 1776. They got express reports from London courts in the 1800's so the American courts could follow them.

The American Constitution isn't fixed anyway - they changed it for prohibition and then changed it back ! That's why they call them amendments - 27 of em so far.

They might as well admit it isn't fixed and scrap it and get up to date.

ALAN! Remember to use your indoor voice on VJ.mad.gif

(10pm as usual, okay? :wub:)

ok 10pm Amsterdam - bring a windmill, bring two.

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

They might as well admit it isn't fixed and scrap it and get up to date.

Whoa now. Hold on a minute.

Scrap it in favor of what?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's true though, an important fact of Cornish history and never seen in a school. Thomas Pellow.

At GCSE level you'll learn about Henry 8th, Elizabeth 1, the world wars and maybe the civil war. Slavery doesn't get taught at all, at least it wasn't when I took the class.

Timeline

Whoa now. Hold on a minute.

Scrap it in favor of what?

Well many 1st world nations including the UK don't have any written constitution - they simply have the existing and ever evolving laws.

Getting rid of slavery etc is simply an afternoon in Parliament and the evolution is speeded up

The US System hold the US back and doesn't stop mistakes like the prohibition amendment happening - just makes their repeal a lengthy process.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

At GCSE level you'll learn about Henry 8th, Elizabeth 1, the world wars and maybe the civil war. Slavery doesn't get taught at all, at least it wasn't when I took the class.

People find out about slavery soon enough when they go for a job at Walmart and some beefy harridan sticks their face in yours and demands "Do you LOVE Walmart ? "

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

The whims of the chief of state, like in say, parliamentary forms of government.

Head of State in the UK is the Queen who makes NO laws

Head of the government in the UK is the Prime Minister makes NO laws

Laws are made by a lower chamber and ratified by an upper chamber - sounds familiar ?

Americans have such uninformed ideas of how government is conducted around the world - no wonder they think theirs is great and unique.

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Well many 1st world nations including the UK don't have any written constitution - they simply have the existing and ever evolving laws.

Getting rid of slavery etc is simply an afternoon in Parliament and the evolution is speeded up

The US System hold the US back and doesn't stop mistakes like the prohibition amendment happening - just makes their repeal a lengthy process.

You do realize the whole purpose of "making it hard to change" is so it can't be changed in an afternoon, right?

The "mistake" that was prohibition was changed the same way the repeal was done.

The whims of the chief of state, like in say, parliamentary forms of government.

We might as well just get a dictator.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Head of State in the UK is the Queen who makes NO laws

Head of the government in the UK is the Prime Minister makes NO laws

Laws are made by a lower chamber and ratified by an upper chamber - sounds familiar ?

Americans have such uninformed ideas of how government is conducted around the world - no wonder they think theirs is great and unique.

Absolutely correct. Things do not change on whims for the most part -- however one glaring example of when this did happen was the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

You do realize the whole purpose of "making it hard to change" is so it can't be changed in an afternoon, right?

The "mistake" that was prohibition was changed the same way the repeal was done.

We might as well just get a dictator.

What the parliaments of Europe are dictatorships ?

Who told you that ?

Compare and contrast Saudi Arabia to Holland...

Absolutely correct. Things do not change on whims for the most part -- however one glaring example of when this did happen was the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.

That didn't work either - the discos in Bradford are full of em...

moresheep400100.jpg