Islapaz

Ukrainian Police certificate

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Priviet! Hi all! Thanks in advance for all the help! I have a quick question. I would like to know if the mother of my fiance can ask for his police certificate in Ukraine. He is currently living in France, but we will have our interview in Kiev. We are already clear with police certificates from Germany and France :)

Spasibo!!

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Priviet! Hi all! Thanks in advance for all the help! I have a quick question. I would like to know if the mother of my fiance can ask for his police certificate in Ukraine. He is currently living in France, but we will have our interview in Kiev. We are already clear with police certificates from Germany and France :)

Spasibo!!

She can try, but I believe she will need a "power of attorney" from her son but no harm no foul if she goes to the OVIR and asks.

YMMV

Timeline

She can try, but I believe she will need a "power of attorney" from her son but no harm no foul if she goes to the OVIR and asks.

Probably no. As Pay suggests. A power of attorney could change the situation. We actually had Babuska try to get one for our oldest son (over 18 at the time) and she was told "HET!" She was, however, able to pick it up for him when it was ready with only a note from him allowing her to do so.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My Fiancee went back to her hometown in Ukraine also to get the Police certificate, because her aunt and grandmother who lived there were unable to ask for it, she needed to provide them with her ID and show that she was the person who was on the internal passport as well as was registered there

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

Thanks for the responses! So probably he will ned to go back way ahead of the interview to do it by himself. I hear it take up to 3 weeks to be done? Thanks all!!! :)

Uniting for Ukraine

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Timeline

Thanks for the responses! So probably he will ned to go back way ahead of the interview to do it by himself. I hear it take up to 3 weeks to be done? Thanks all!!! :)

No problem

Yana's certificate took about 1.5 weeks, they had initially told her it would be ready in a month though, she just kept pestering them until they called her and said pick it up monday, plus she paid an "express service fee" of 4 dollars

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She can probably try if she has a photocopy of his passport. They check the passport number, full name and residence address in Ukraine.

as1cEZk002B0510MDA0NDZzfDAwMDEyNjdsfFNpbmNlIG91ciB3ZWRkaW5n.gif

08-04-06 Met online

12-06-07 Filed I-129F with VSC

01-29-09 Interview; Case returned back to USCIS for 'further review'

03-21-09 FOIA Request sent (got "we have no records on your case" in respond)

07-08-09 Civil marriage; 07-11-09 Church marriage

11-14-09 I-130 Sent to CSC

11-25-09 Check Cashed by USCIS!

11-28-09 NOA1 hard copy received by snail-mail (dated 11-23-09)

04-30-10 Phone request about case outside the normal processing time

05-05-10 Hard copy letter from VSC about closure the previous petition (dated 04-05-10)

05-18-10 NOA2 hard copy received (by snail-mail)!

06-01-10 NVC case accepted

06-07-10 I-864 bill paid

06-14-10 IV bill paid

07-12-10 I-864 & DS-230 sent to NVC

07-21-10 I-864 & DS-230 received according to AVR

07-23-10 Medical (completed)

08-18-10 SIF, CC @ NVC - Thank You, LORD!

10-14-10 Planned Interview date

10-12-10 Interview cancelled

10-15-10 MRI; Brain tumour

10-19-10 Surgery. Alive

Thank You, LORD!

Love is patient...

united-states-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gifukraine-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Timeline

Thanks a lot! I have another quick question. I am trying to explain my future mother in law about the police certificates :) They live long time in Dnipropetrovsk but now they move to Odessa. So for my fiance police certificate they need to go to the OVIR in Dnipropetrovsk or it can be done in the office serving Odessa? My fiance was born in Kishinev, Moldova. He has a original birth certificate. It can be used, no mater the date of issuance? My mother in law is going crazy, that we will need to go to Dnipropetrovsk, to Kishinev and I do not know where else. She tells we do not have time... ahah and our papers are not even in NVC yet ;)

I will try to make her go to ask just in case, jiji but is not an easy task. :blink:

If is not possible, my fiance will take one month off his work to make it all, I hope is enough time. She worries me, telling we will not have time...

Thanks all!! :dance:

Uniting for Ukraine

Timeline

Thanks a lot! I have another quick question. I am trying to explain my future mother in law about the police certificates :) They live long time in Dnipropetrovsk but now they move to Odessa. So for my fiance police certificate they need to go to the OVIR in Dnipropetrovsk or it can be done in the office serving Odessa? My fiance was born in Kishinev, Moldova. He has a original birth certificate. It can be used, no mater the date of issuance? My mother in law is going crazy, that we will need to go to Dnipropetrovsk, to Kishinev and I do not know where else. She tells we do not have time... ahah and our papers are not even in NVC yet ;)

I will try to make her go to ask just in case, jiji but is not an easy task. :blink:

If is not possible, my fiance will take one month off his work to make it all, I hope is enough time. She worries me, telling we will not have time...

Thanks all!! :dance:

My wife lived in Kishinev & Tirospol in Moldova and Lviv, Rauhivka & Kherson in Ukraine... she got a single PC from Moldova to cover all cities lived in Moldova... and a single PC in Ukraine to cover all cities in Ukraine

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks a lot for all the help. We will try to do it by ourself. My fiance will go for around one month to Ukraine, I hope we got enough time to make this police report and the interview :) Now I got tons more questions, maybe coming soon, but I will use the search function before take your time! :) Thanks all you are a great resource! :dance:

Uniting for Ukraine

Timeline

Hi all! We got a new situation. Yesterday we got the notice latter from NVC and they will forward our case not to Kiev but to Paris. Even that we put on question 20, about interview in Kiev. First I freak out but later reading here in the forum I got to be a bit more informed and seems is not that bad or incorrect at all :) So probably the best thing now is to ask for police repots at the Ukrainian embassy in Paris or Marseille. Any one of you had the experience of asking for a Ukrainian Police report when outside of Ukraine? :star:

Uniting for Ukraine

Timeline

Hi all! We got a new situation. Yesterday we got the notice latter from NVC and they will forward our case not to Kiev but to Paris. Even that we put on question 20, about interview in Kiev. First I freak out but later reading here in the forum I got to be a bit more informed and seems is not that bad or incorrect at all :) So probably the best thing now is to ask for police repots at the Ukrainian embassy in Paris or Marseille. Any one of you had the experience of asking for a Ukrainian Police report when outside of Ukraine? :star:

I do not, but my fear is that it will take many months to do it this way...

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

The best bet is to go to the cities He lived in and get the PC. I would ask them what the cost is to expedite it and maybe ask what it would take to expedite the expedite PC if you know what I mean. Also we were lucky and able to get the PC within a day or so. But that is only because our grandma has some connections. Pax how was your fiance able to get one PC for all the cities in Ukraine. That is news to me. What is the process to do this?

Timeline

The best bet is to go to the cities He lived in and get the PC. I would ask them what the cost is to expedite it and maybe ask what it would take to expedite the expedite PC if you know what I mean. Also we were lucky and able to get the PC within a day or so. But that is only because our grandma has some connections. Pax how was your fiance able to get one PC for all the cities in Ukraine. That is news to me. What is the process to do this?

She went to the OVIR station in Kherson and received one PC for all of Ukraine. Apparently the registry kept by the Ministry of Internal Affairs is a nationwide database and therefore there is no need to go to every city or oblast to get separate PC's.

YMMV

Timeline

Thats interesting. We had to get one for Nova Kakhovka which I believe she had to go to Kherson because it is the main office. I think we did get one just in Nova Kakhovka and also Nikolaev. We have had issues with her international passport so we started this process a year and half ago. Since then have gotten a new one but I am sure we will need to get a new one by the time she gets her international passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.