Mark-2010

Student filling out the I-134, HELP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi there,

My K1 application got approved yesterday and I'm working on the affidavit of support.

I'm a full-time college student with ZERO income. So my uncle will be my co-sponsor.

What he needs to send is: I-134, pay stubs, tax returns, bank statement, and verification of employment, right?

For myself, what else should I send besides the I-134?

I was claimed as a dependent while my parents were filing the tax return.

Do I need to send my parents' tax return?

or Can I have two co-sponsors? (My parents didn't make enough money to be co-sponsor.)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

more questions

does the I-134 need to be notarized?

When should I send the completed I-134 to my fiancee?

for the Packet 3 or the interview?

Thanks again.

First off, the I-134 does not need to be notarized. If you are counting on your uncle to act as your co-sponsor, he would need to complete the I-134 just as you would do. Remember that you DO need to complete one as well. So long as his annual gross income can meet or exceed the poverty level guidelines, he should only need to attach a copy of his 2009 tax forms and W2.

It's important to understand that if your uncle has his own family to support, those members in his household will be counted in the overall family size so keep that in mind.

It's not stated on your profile what country you are working with but you should really take a look at their US Embassy wesbite and research their requirements for the K-1 Visa. No two countries are exactly alike so your foreign Embassy might require all of your documents to be sent to the Embassy prior to the interview or they might say to bring them with you. Their website should also list what forms are required as well as information about the Medical Examination.

b935d5d962.png

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 22, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Mar 03, 2010 - Arrived at CSC

Mar 08, 2010 - NOA-1

Mar 09, 2010 - Touched

May 25, 2010 - NOA2 (Approved in 83 days from NOA1 date)

Jun 17, 2010 - Packet 4

Jun 30, 2010 - Medicals & Vaccinations

Jul 15, 2010 - Interview Date (221g "Pending Approval-Police Certificate)

Sep 15, 2010 - Visa adjudicated, printed, & Mailed via DHL

Sep 17, 2010 - Visa pick-up date

?? - POE USA

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Marriage

?? - Start AOS process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

co-sponser at GUZ IV ? send 3 years of returns, if you can get them .

as to 'when to send' - for GUZ timelines - usually when Packet 3 is returned to GUZ IV, is perfect timetick to send I-134 packet to yer lass.

If you'd like to shave off 3 to 5 weeks on Packet 3 processing, have a look ?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

co-sponser at GUZ IV ? send 3 years of returns, if you can get them .

as to 'when to send' - for GUZ timelines - usually when Packet 3 is returned to GUZ IV, is perfect timetick to send I-134 packet to yer lass.

If you'd like to shave off 3 to 5 weeks on Packet 3 processing, have a look ?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Good Luck !

I can get my uncle's supporting documents up to 3 years.

How about the one for myself? As question stated in the first post.

Thanks for the useful link.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can get my uncle's supporting documents up to 3 years.

How about the one for myself? As question stated in the first post.

Thanks for the useful link.

Also, in your uncle's documents, besides the financial information, he needs to show he is a US Citizen, US National or an LPR. So a birth certificate copy (front and back) or a green card copied front and back will cover your uncle.

You do not need any documents with your I-1345 as there is noting else to document.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Also, in your uncle's documents, besides the financial information, he needs to show he is a US Citizen, US National or an LPR. So a birth certificate copy (front and back) or a green card copied front and back will cover your uncle.

You do not need any documents with your I-1345 as there is noting else to document.

Good luck.

when did u send out the i-134?

along with P3 or P4?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That's right ! The I-134 is handed over on interview day, never with the P3, for GUZ IV.

Many people (myself included) suggest that you start prep work on the I-134 when the Packet 3 arrives.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

That's right ! The I-134 is handed over on interview day, never with the P3, for GUZ IV.

Many people (myself included) suggest that you start prep work on the I-134 when the Packet 3 arrives.

I'm working on all the documents required.

And I checked the link you posted before and will take the "shortcut", lolz.

Is there any other way I can contact you? You are the expert in this field.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm working on all the documents required.

And I checked the link you posted before and will take the "shortcut", lolz.

Is there any other way I can contact you? You are the expert in this field.

Many questions are Consulate or Embassy dependent. I think you realized that when you asked for Darnell's other contact info. You simply asked when I returned I-134 and I answered I returned it with the P3 because my Embassy wants a copy of every document when returning P3 so they know you actually have ALL documents prepared. Many people cheat and return the checklist to the Embassy/Consulate before finishing all the documents or before they have received all documents. This can lead to people showing up at the interview with missing papers.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.