5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I see several posts where on their timeline it says "touched." What is that? I know that it has something to do with your papers actually getting touched by a person - but how do you know when they do this? We sent in our papers for a K1 Visa on April 6. Did get the notice that it was processed on May 6. There have been no updates since that time. I check every day and have signed up for email and text notices. So far, nothing. Seems like such a long time with no updates. Is this normal? I am in the US and she is in Canada. Is there something else I should be doing?

Also, what is this NOA1 and NOA2?

Are there any other terms that would be helpful to know?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I see several posts where on their timeline it says "touched." What is that? I know that it has something to do with your papers actually getting touched by a person - but how do you know when they do this? We sent in our papers for a K1 Visa on April 6. Did get the notice that it was processed on May 6. There have been no updates since that time. I check every day and have signed up for email and text notices. So far, nothing. Seems like such a long time with no updates. Is this normal? I am in the US and she is in Canada. Is there something else I should be doing?

Also, what is this NOA1 and NOA2?

Are there any other terms that would be helpful to know?

Thanks!

NOA1 and NOA2 are notice of action, you get the first one when they recive your paper work and the second when it is approved. A touch is when you sign up at the USCIS website the last updated date is a touch, I recived one touch right after I sent it in, a couple of days after my NOA1 but nothing since and that was 4-29, I have also read where some people that watch the USCIS website have not gotten a touch but have been approved.

So what is your NOA1 date? I only ask becouse if it's 5-6 it's almost like it got lost in the system for a month.

Anyway good luck on your journey!

Timeline

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 04-23-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 04-27-2010

Touched 07-01-2010

Touched 07-02-2010

I-129F NOA2 : 07-02-2010

Touched : 07-6-2010

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 07-12-2010

Consulate Received : 07-14-2010

Packet 3 Received : 07-29-2010

Packet 3 Sent : 07-29-2010

Packet 4 Received : 08-20-2010

Interview Date : 09-14-2010

Interview Result : Approved!!!!!

Visa Received : 09-24-2010

US Entry : 12-30-2010

Marriage : 2-26-2011

Comments

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Others shall likely chime in. You know that you've been touched when you see a change in the 'Updated' date on the USCIS website. This means that someone has accessed your file; perhaps to examine it or possibly just to move it from a shelf to a desk. Some receive several touches and others never see an update. Nothing to fear.

NOA = notice of action.

NOA1 indicates that the petition has been received, while NOA2 is an approval notice of the petition (at which point it goes to the National Visa Center [NVC] and then to the US consulate of the beneficiary's country of residence). Then comes the interview and hopefully a visa is issued.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi and welcome :)

Touches mean someone has updated the status on your case (ie: someone is using the file) you would see this on the case status page you are viewing at the USCIS webpage.

NOA1 is the receipt you received (Notice of Action)

NOA2 means your petition has been approved (looks just like the NOA1 - basically just the info on the notice is different).

Things you can do now, not much really except ensure she has proof of all of her vaccinations. You can see the age appropriate list at the panel physician's website, also gives other info on the medical, like what you have to bring.

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

Check out the VJ Wiki Canada page here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada down at the bottom is a link to the package 3 - you will want to see if there are any documents on there that you don't have yet.

You can check out common terms used on VJ here Acronym Summary

Good luck!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi and welcome :)

Touches mean someone has updated the status on your case (ie: someone is using the file) you would see this on the case status page you are viewing at the USCIS webpage.

NOA1 is the receipt you received (Notice of Action)

NOA2 means your petition has been approved (looks just like the NOA1 - basically just the info on the notice is different).

Things you can do now, not much really except ensure she has proof of all of her vaccinations. You can see the age appropriate list at the panel physician's website, also gives other info on the medical, like what you have to bring.

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

Check out the VJ Wiki Canada page here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada down at the bottom is a link to the package 3 - you will want to see if there are any documents on there that you don't have yet.

You can check out common terms used on VJ here Acronym Summary

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help all of you! The links are very informative. I have forwarded the links on to her so she can be ready. I sure hope they haven't forgotten us! It just seems like others have at least had some encouragement by this time. 64 days and counting since they reported receiving the petition - but who keeps track! :)

The Initial Review button is still blue though. No red buttons!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.