pnd629

Travel to London Consulate

12 posts in this topic

Our interview is tomorrow and Stephen was planning on flying into Heathrow--I don't think that will work now.

We are checking the train schedules.

Does anyone know which station is closest?

The train website gave me a station called Euston--how far is that from the embassy?

He is traveling from Glasgow, Scotland.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Euston BR station is not far from the US Embassy via tube, 15/20 mins max. Two stops to Oxford Circus then one stop to Bond Street. Exit back of Bond St tube station and the embassy is a five minute walk.

Check this link for transport in London, maps etc. http://www.tfl.gov.uk

Good luck and very best wishes, daisy

Daisy, Surrey UK +++ DJ, California USA

March 2001: Dear Duck.... with kind regards, Daisy

April 2002: Our first visit, the start of many..

How blessed we are to meet and fall in love

May 2005: We marry in California

June 2005: We start the visa process

July 2005: NOA1

Jan 2006: NOA2

Apr 2006: Case complete

Apr 2006: NVC send file to London

June 2006: Church blessing in London

June 2006: Medical

June 2006: Interview

June 2006: VISA!!!!! :)))

Sept 2006: Daisy age 50 and 7/12ths moves to California... whoooohooooooo!

Removal of Conditions

June 2008: Mail package to CSC

July 2008: Biometrics Appt

October 2008: 10 year green card arrives in the mail.

Citizenship

January 2010: Apply for US citizenship.

March 2010: Oath ceremony. Citizenship complete!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why are you asking?

I just can not believe as a grown male that another grown male is that helpless. Embarrasing for my gender.

A lot easier getting from Euston to the Embassy than Heathrow to the Embassy.

Get off train.

Walk to Cab rank.

Say American Embassy, please.

Get out of cab.

Pay cab.

I would jump on the tube, but that might be asking too much.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If you can get a train to Paddington station rather than Euston it will be much quicker to get to the embassy from there but if not then it is really easy from Euston also, if the money aspect is ok then i would get a cab....good luck, will be thinking of you both

I-129F SENT TO CSC 01/31/2006

I-129F NOA1 RECEIVED 02/02/2006

touched 04/25/2006

NOA2 04/25/2006

touched 04/26/2006

NVC received case 05/11/2006

Left NVC 05/12/2006

medical 06/06/2006

Packet 3 received 05/30/2006

returned packet 3 05/31/2006

Interview date 07/18/2006

Approved...yeahhhh

07/21/2006 Received visa...WOOOOHOOOO

09/24/2006 marrying my baby yeahhhhhhhh

.png

115194159098768.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Our interview is tomorrow and Stephen was planning on flying into Heathrow--I don't think that will work now.

The train website gave me a station called Euston--how far is that from the embassy?

I work at Heathrow and I wouldn't risk flying there tomorrow. A lot of aircraft are still out of position and while tomorrow probably will not be as bad as it is certainly not going to be anything like normal.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Since he is coming from Glasgow he only has 2 choices -- Euston and Kings Cross. Kings X is one stop further on the Victoria Line from Euston, so pretty much the same - Green Park is closest to the Embassy.

If you take Piccadilly from Kings X, you can get off at Hyde Park Corner which is also nearby

90day.jpg

Why are you asking?

I just can not believe as a grown male that another grown male is that helpless. Embarrasing for my gender.

Get off train.

Walk to Cab rank.

Get out of cab.

Pay cab.

I really don't think that amount of rudeness or sarcasm is necessary. I am the FEMALE U.S. citizen and I am not familiar with London, but I am completely stressed that 16 hours before our interview we are making alternative travel arrangements. While my fiance was trying to buy a train ticket on-line, I thought I would ask for some help here at VJ.

To the others who offered advice--thank you!!!

Stephen was able to get a train for tonight and will arrive in London at 7am.

I hope he is able to get some sleep on the train!

Edited by pnd629

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why are you asking?

Get off train.

Walk to Cab rank.

Get out of cab.

Pay cab.

I really don't think that amount of rudeness or sarcasm is necessary. I am the FEMALE U.S. citizen and I am not familiar with London, but I am completely stressed that 16 hours before our interview we are making alternative travel arrangements. While my fiance was trying to buy a train ticket on-line, I thought I would ask for some help here at VJ.

I know you are the USC, I could just imagine what my USC wife would say to me in those circumstances, asking her for advise to get to London!.

I do not expect you to be familiar with London.

I would expect him to have a little knowledge/common sense.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Why are you asking?

Get off train.

Walk to Cab rank.

Get out of cab.

Pay cab.

Good luck tomorrow guys! Look for a 6ft tall salt and pepper haired man, with a wonderful disposition and that would be my hubby! He interviews at 10am.

Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

He is traveling from Glasgow, Scotland.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd be scrambling too, I TRY to help as much as I can even if Paul doesn't need it (which he mostly doesn't :)). I'd rather give too much than look unsupportive. I hope he gets some sleep, I'm sure he'll have a great interview tomorrow!

Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

I'd be scrambling too, I TRY to help as much as I can even if Paul doesn't need it (which he mostly doesn't :)). I'd rather give too much than look unsupportive. I hope he gets some sleep, I'm sure he'll have a great interview tomorrow!

Joey

Thanks!

He is on the train right now--but he almost didn't get on! The train company had overbooked and there were a lot of angry people who had purchased tickets and didn't have a place on the train. Evidently he got the last berth!

Joey

Thanks!

He is on the train right now--but he almost didn't get on! The train company had overbooked and there were a lot of angry people who had purchased tickets and didn't have a place on the train. Evidently he got the last berth!

UNREAL...you just know everyone was scrambling for train tickets...cant' wait to see your 'approved' message tomorrow! :thumbs:

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.