johnblair75

should i have??

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have just recieved my NOA2, I did not notice on the procedure page that I should have made a complete copy of my I-129f to send to my fiance after my NOA2. Is it bad to not have to send to her? I have all the forms filled out on my computer and have all originals of supporting documents, but the forms are not signed or dated. Can I just print these and mail her all original supporting documents? Is this copy of the I-129f really this important?

not necessarily, we didn't make duplicates of ours when we filed but we never sent originals so if you have the originals, you can just make another copy in case they need more copies :)

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Having an exact photocopy of the original package is useful for two reasons.

First, if you get an RFE and you aren't sure what they're asking for, you can refer to the copy to see what's missing. If you forgot to include a document or sign a form this would only be apparent if you had a photocopy of the package. You wouldn't be able to see it by referring to your computer files.

Second, the questions at the consulate often come directly from the information you provide in your petition package. If your fiancee has an exact copy of the package to study then she won't be surprised by any of the questions.

Anyway, try to reconstruct the package as accurately as you can from the forms and documents you have, and make a copy for your fiancee. Also, the consulate can ask to see the original for any copy of a document you sent with the petition (birth certificate, divorce decree, whatever). Your fiancee should have those original documents, as well.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.