Angel Eyes Yuseef

What is the steps to get married in Egypt

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am curious about the exact process to get married in Egypt. Some say it can take a day to a few days. And i realize there is a few places you have to go to get papers and then there is stamps. I am curious of the exact process and what papers are needed and what the stamps are for. And what it cost's. And to be honest i do not better people to ask then the one's that have been through it.

Just a heads up, if you're interested....

A denied/failed visa application in Morocco AND a marriage in Egypt with a new man, also met on the internet may be two red flags combined that make a HUGE red flag in the new visa process. Just some thoughts. Take them or leave them.

Just a heads up, if you're interested....

A denied/failed visa application in Morocco AND a marriage in Egypt with a new man, also met on the internet may be two red flags combined that make a HUGE red flag in the new visa process. Just some thoughts. Take them or leave them.

I'm aware. I figuring the best route. The denied visa was not me, but on the CO and the ex. But i know where your coming from.

I'm aware. I figuring the best route. The denied visa was not me, but on the CO and the ex. But i know where your coming from.

Besides i would be using a lawyer. And there would be more then a year past . In time those negatives start to deminish.

Whether you take personal responsibility for the situation or not, it will be held against you in your next venture into the visa process. I'm guessing the CO at the consulate in Egypt won't go for you passing the buck onto the Casa CO and your ex. Just a guess though. Maybe I'm wrong. Good luck with it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think there have been a fair number of "repeat petitioners" on VJ, in both MENA and in other regions. I don't know whether they have had a tougher time on the second (or third!!) petition. Perhaps some who are still active on VJ can weigh in and advise Norielorie on how they are trying to overcome it? I imagine the opposite situation - where the foreign beneficiary is the one who has previously tried to get to the US with a different American SO - is probably a much bigger red flag, although still not insurmountable. I agree that it's a hard road to get through some of these consulates in any circumstances, though, and this certainly won't make it any easier. Best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for bringing that up Crossed Fingers. I've seen on VJ in MENA several cases I can think of like that so far.

The first case off the top of my head was a USC with Morocco the first time. He was denied and she moved there. She eventually died there from medical problems beyond their control. The same Moroccan man surprisingly ended up with another USC on here like a year later. They were approved and he's here now. She is no longer on this site so I can't say what the status of their relationship is.

The second case I can think of was a USC married to a Palestinian. She petitioned for him to come here and was approved. They divorced after 25 years of marriage and then she married a Moroccan with a large age gap. They were approved and he's here now.

Another case I know of was a USC woman married to a Jordanian. He was approved and got here. They divorced after their AOS was denied and now she's married to an Egyptian in the process of bringing him here. There was another case just like hers prior and both men she filed for were approved and came here and the second guy beat her and they are divorced now just like the first one.

Another case of a USC woman married to a Jordanian got divorced shortly after receiving the 10 year green card. A year later she met and married another Jordanian was was approved to come here but after filing AOS they were not approved but not denied and their relationship is in limbo at the moment.

I know another case of a woman married to an Egyptian man and lived there with him for 30 years. They divorced and she met and married a much younger Egyptian man and filed DCF. He was approved and they are both here now.

I know a naturalized USC who's been married twice and petitioned twice two Moroccan men. The first came here and didn't work out and the second came here and did work out and now he's up for naturalization himself.

Another case I know of is where a USC woman petitioned for an Egyptian man to come here and discovered during the process he was a fraud and engaged to another woman on VJ at the same time or overlapping time of their engagement. He was denied of course. Now nearly 2-3 years later I see the same woman on here and she has met and married a Moroccan and petitioned successfully for him to come here.

Another case I know where a USC woman petitioned for an Iraqi man to come here was denied and then less than a few months later she met a Moroccan and petitioned for him to come and it was a success.

So I guess we can pretty much say if you were denied on a case before it doesn't necessarily mean that you will be denied on another case you petition for. Lots of people do it and have success. It all depends on the circumstances and it can be a ####### shoot sometimes.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Whether you take personal responsibility for the situation or not, it will be held against you in your next venture into the visa process. I'm guessing the CO at the consulate in Egypt won't go for you passing the buck onto the Casa CO and your ex. Just a guess though. Maybe I'm wrong. Good luck with it.

Lets agree to disagree. I am just trying to figure out what i am going to do. I know what is against me. And passing the buck, no, it is not like i could do the interview for him. I see it as they are the last step to see the things we sometimes did not pick up on. I am gratful that things turn out the way they did. And only a few people know the whole story. But i am not the first to do this and i am sure i will not be the last. It is all how you put your eveidence together, to prove your relationship. This was not planned by any means, but sometimes life just happens. And I just want to be aware of all options and i choose to not go into things blind and learn about them later like i did last time. The first was turly a learning experience.

Thanks for bringing that up Crossed Fingers. I've seen on VJ in MENA several cases I can think of like that so far.

The first case off the top of my head was a USC with Morocco the first time. He was denied and she moved there. She eventually died there from medical problems beyond their control. The same Moroccan man surprisingly ended up with another USC on here like a year later. They were approved and he's here now. She is no longer on this site so I can't say what the status of their relationship is.

The second case I can think of was a USC married to a Palestinian. She petitioned for him to come here and was approved. They divorced after 25 years of marriage and then she married a Moroccan with a large age gap. They were approved and he's here now.

Another case I know of was a USC woman married to a Jordanian. He was approved and got here. They divorced after their AOS was denied and now she's married to an Egyptian in the process of bringing him here. There was another case just like hers prior and both men she filed for were approved and came here and the second guy beat her and they are divorced now just like the first one.

Another case of a USC woman married to a Jordanian got divorced shortly after receiving the 10 year green card. A year later she met and married another Jordanian was was approved to come here but after filing AOS they were not approved but not denied and their relationship is in limbo at the moment.

I know another case of a woman married to an Egyptian man and lived there with him for 30 years. They divorced and she met and married a much younger Egyptian man and filed DCF. He was approved and they are both here now.

I know a naturalized USC who's been married twice and petitioned twice two Moroccan men. The first came here and didn't work out and the second came here and did work out and now he's up for naturalization himself.

Another case I know of is where a USC woman petitioned for an Egyptian man to come here and discovered during the process he was a fraud and engaged to another woman on VJ at the same time or overlapping time of their engagement. He was denied of course. Now nearly 2-3 years later I see the same woman on here and she has met and married a Moroccan and petitioned successfully for him to come here.

Another case I know where a USC woman petitioned for an Iraqi man to come here was denied and then less than a few months later she met a Moroccan and petitioned for him to come and it was a success.

So I guess we can pretty much say if you were denied on a case before it doesn't necessarily mean that you will be denied on another case you petition for. Lots of people do it and have success. It all depends on the circumstances and it can be a ####### shoot sometimes.

Thank you so much and crossed fingers. It is on indivdual bases. And reasons for denial are many different reasons. And reasons for leaving our SO's are for many differences. I just want to become fimilar with this and make friends with women with egyptian men. I learned so much from my first relationship, that this time i know what i am looking for. And i can guage things a lot different. This man i have known for a long time and he has proved his love lover and over. I have no doubts. Just fingering out what the best move is. Thanks again.

I think there have been a fair number of "repeat petitioners" on VJ, in both MENA and in other regions. I don't know whether they have had a tougher time on the second (or third!!) petition. Perhaps some who are still active on VJ can weigh in and advise Norielorie on how they are trying to overcome it? I imagine the opposite situation - where the foreign beneficiary is the one who has previously tried to get to the US with a different American SO - is probably a much bigger red flag, although still not insurmountable. I agree that it's a hard road to get through some of these consulates in any circumstances, though, and this certainly won't make it any easier. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot. A much needed relief today.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Oh, Olivia - this post takes me back. <singing> Memories light the corners of my mind. :hehe: Good times. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:wow: I knew there were several in MENA; I didn't realize there were THAT many. More power to the people who can get through this process more than once...I'm not handling the stress well the first time! :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh, Olivia - this post takes me back. <singing> Memories light the corners of my mind. :hehe: Good times. :thumbs:

blush.giflaughing.gif I knew it would send idea9dv.gif off for some who've been here awhile. tongue_ss.gif

:wow: I knew there were several in MENA; I didn't realize there were THAT many. More power to the people who can get through this process more than once...I'm not handling the stress well the first time! :lol:

yes.gif And many more. I agree this process once is hard enough & it never ends unless they naturalize.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This sounds about right if memory serves.

Norielorie, as we discussed, my husband and I were married in one day. We started out early in the day, this is key to getting it done same day. The translation and other authentication processes do take about a week but you need not be present if you have time constraints. Just be certain that your future husband knows the correct spellings and other info, in English, to make sure everything is accurate. We didn't have such information when we got married but with a little asking around and baksheesh we got the job done. :) Make sure you have a CERTIFIED copy of your divorce decree with you when and if you get married in Egypt. I'm not sure if this still has to be done but my certified copy was then sent to the Secretary of State of my state then to the Secretary of State in D.C. This authentication may also be done through the Egyptian consulate, I believe.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.