Lover89

K-1 REview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey everyone , our k-1 had been back to UScis in APril and on the website it say they got it on the 05/28 and they r reviewing it

do we have to wait or cancel it if yes how we can do tht and we want to refile k-1 !!! plz some advice

It was back to the USCIS AFTER the embassy interview? As in denied? Or you think you forgot something in stage 1 and want to re-file it to include something you forgot? Sorry, need a little clarification.

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Timeline

As I recall, you are not going to marry? More than likely, you will receive a letter from the director stating your case has expired and you are free to file again. The expiration date is the ending date on your NOA2. If you are wanting marry, you are free to do so at anytime (per legal advice I was given). By the time you marry and file CR-1, your first petition will have expired anyway. Of course, this is how it has been with CSC, but things are ever changing. I do know you do not want to ask for it to be closed. I understand that is not a good thing.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

There is a slight possibility that the uscis CSC will send you an NOID notice. You will need to respond to that notice if indeed they send you one. The point in responding is to avoid a finding of misrepresentation, immigration fraud or something else very difficult to overcome later.

It will probably be better to receive a notice that the form has expired.

Then try again as you wish.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.