kandl133

IR1 THROUGH GUANGZHOU - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

did you try posting this in the china country thread?

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No Packet 3 for CR-1 visas with NVC processing. Packet 3 applies to K-1/K-3 visas and DCF'd I-130's.

Packet 3 'stuff' (I-864, DS-230 ) handled at NVC. Is no EMS label to send in, paper or electronic processing, to NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree with you that there is no need to send packet 3. However, my Chinese lawyer in the USA instructed us to email the completed packet 3 form with the DS-230. (for CR1 visa). It also seems illogical because our names are not Chinese and there is no purpose in translating our name and address into Chinese characters , due to the electronic processing. (We reside in China and the interview will be scheduled in Guangzhou)

Edited by roadtosuccess

Timeline

IMO, attornies are trainable, but I always do an 'offset' when I'm the one doing the training - my hourly rate is a bit more than theirs. Retraining has minimum '2 hour marker' as well.

Perhaps the 'attorney' was confused as to what packet 3 was, vs 'NVC process' and specifically NVC EP process, as well.

FWIW - if your 'packet 3' recvd from GUZ IV contained an appointment letter, that's NOT a Packet 3 (per yer timeline)

USUALLY, is no P3 on NVC EP case - is appointment letter with instructions, and that's it - and that's actually the P4. If you have a mo, pleaes redo that portion of yer timeline?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I agree with you that there is no need to send packet 3. However, my Chinese lawyer in the USA instructed us to email the completed packet 3 form with the DS-230. (for CR1 visa). It also seems illogical because our names are not Chinese and there is no purpose in translating our name and address into Chinese characters , due to the electronic processing. (We reside in China and the interview will be scheduled in Guangzhou)

Just to be clear-er -

did you file the I-130 to the lockbox address in Chicago, or did you file the I-130 to a US Embassy/Consulate in China ?

Timeline

We sent the application to the Chicago address.

This is unclear to me: The NVC said they forwarded our case to Guangzhou on June 29, 2010 (electronic). Guangzhou does not know anything about it. The NVC said they never received the electronic submission of the DS-230, therefore it was resent on July 29. Do I need to change any dates in my timeline? How many days does the NVC take or average to complete the application? I had read it was 10-12, but of course, the NVC said 6-8 weeks.

Timeline

whoa. This sounds really wonky. USUALLY, when an NVC EP case is finished up at NVC, the last final stages are:

case complete (documents complete)

final review

appointment date set

NVC tags casefile in SAFEFILE for GUZ IV.

Usually, is about 1 week between 'case complete' and 'appointment date set' - but note is different, private queue for NVC for GZO casefiles - and the NVC Tele-Operators are braindead- have no clue what to tell you - you must ask for supervisor, you must remind them is EP casefile.

You need to track down EXACTLY where the failure point is - as for YOU to resend the DS-230 to NVC?

smells like something wonky happened.

Call NVC again, ask for supervisor. Something is really messed up.

Be certain if you are Electronic Processing Case, or no - as there are other processes, hidden to you, for a 'paper/postal case', at NVC.

One good indication of 'case type' is the Guangzhou casefile # - an EP casefile starts with 'GZO' whilst a paper casefile starts with 'GUZ'.

Edited by Darnell

• 1 month later...
Timeline

whoa. This sounds really wonky. USUALLY, when an NVC EP case is finished up at NVC, the last final stages are:

case complete (documents complete)

final review

appointment date set

NVC tags casefile in SAFEFILE for GUZ IV.

Usually, is about 1 week between 'case complete' and 'appointment date set' - but note is different, private queue for NVC for GZO casefiles - and the NVC Tele-Operators are braindead- have no clue what to tell you - you must ask for supervisor, you must remind them is EP casefile.

You need to track down EXACTLY where the failure point is - as for YOU to resend the DS-230 to NVC?

smells like something wonky happened.

Call NVC again, ask for supervisor. Something is really messed up.

Be certain if you are Electronic Processing Case, or no - as there are other processes, hidden to you, for a 'paper/postal case', at NVC.

One good indication of 'case type' is the Guangzhou casefile # - an EP casefile starts with 'GZO' whilst a paper casefile starts with 'GUZ'.

Thank you for the helful information! I can add a stupid RFE!! I cannot believe that a highly intelligent idividual (myself) sent the wrong attachment for the DS-230, not once, but twice! The 'certified translation' from German to English by a Chinese translator held up the process for two additional weeks. The NVC states the case is now complete and I am waiting for an interview appointment. Previous posts on this website instruct to call Guangzhou, however, they do not take immigrant visa telephone calls since January 1, 2010. Can I obtain the interview appontment date by calling the NVC? What are your suggestions to keep the case moving? Will my husband (beneficiary) need to stay in Guangzhou waiting 2 days for the visa or will they return his German passport so that he can fly back to Shanghai? We are not Chinese and unfamilar with picking up mail at the Chinese postal service.

Timeline

If NVC processing is complete

and if you used NVC Electronic Processing

then

NVC will set the appointment.

If you not use NVC Electronic Processing

then GUZ IV will set the appointment, much later.

I'm sorry, remind me again, what's what, and what you've done? (or force me to read yer timeline and profile, ya?)

Timeline

Are you certain that you have a GZO casenumber,

or a

GUZ casenumber?

NVC is open for the next 12 hours - you really should call in, talk with a supervisor, and understand more about your casefile.

Timeline

Thank you for the helful information! I can add a stupid RFE!! I cannot believe that a highly intelligent idividual (myself) sent the wrong attachment for the DS-230, not once, but twice! The 'certified translation' from German to English by a Chinese translator held up the process for two additional weeks. 1 The NVC states the case is now complete and I am waiting for an interview appointment. Previous posts on this website instruct to call Guangzhou, however, they do not take immigrant visa telephone calls since January 1, 2010. 2 Can I obtain the interview appontment date by calling the NVC? 3 What are your suggestions to keep the case moving? 4 Will my husband (beneficiary) need to stay in Guangzhou waiting 2 days for the visa or will they return his German passport so that he can fly back to Shanghai? We are not Chinese and unfamilar with picking up mail at the Chinese postal service.

My apologies for meandering earlier, I have now spent some time in reading yer last post. Here's some answers.

Assumption - EP case, GZO casefile #

1. ah - case complete. you are waiting for 'final review' - usually within 3 days after final review, NVC sets the appointment.

2. yes, but not 'call to set', instead - is 'call to learn' - but to be honest - the second that NVC sets the appointment, you'll get an appointment letter in via email.

3. Nothing for now, you must simply wait for 'final review' and 'appointment date set' . You've done all you can, with 'documents complete' at NVC.

4. This is a problem, yes? must have german passport to go on local plane ride from Guangzhou back to Shanghai. Passport must be mailed out to somewhere - but - it can be mailed to that 'special' post office in Guangzhou - or - it can be mailed directly to a Shanghai address (this is a newish thing, to mail out of Guangdong province - see http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htmm ) If I was stuck in Guangzhou without my passport, I would not try to fly until I had the passport, so that'd mean I'm waiting in Guangzhou until the Visa Packet arrives at the Special Post Office.

Please let me know if you have GZO # or not - as this changes my answer, considerably.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Thank you so much!

Yes, you are correct. The NVC case is electronic GZO file number. Earlier posts state the "final review" varies in length of time. Do you know any more information regarding the length of time between "case complete" and "final review"?

He will not be able to board the plane without the passport, therefore, mailing it to Shanghai is not helpful. (We live in Suzhou). You indicate that he would need to stay in Guangzhou. How do we arrange to get his passport from the consulate if we do not speak Chinese?

Timeline

Thank you so much!

Yes, you are correct. The NVC case is electronic GZO file number. Earlier posts state the "final review" varies in length of time. Do you know any more information regarding the length of time between "case complete" and "final review"?

He will not be able to board the plane without the passport, therefore, mailing it to Shanghai is not helpful. (We live in Suzhou). You indicate that he would need to stay in Guangzhou. How do we arrange to get his passport from the consulate if we do not speak Chinese?

"Applicants from outside these areas should arrange to pick up their visas at the Junyuan Post Office (directions to this post office will be provided to you by the China Post service counter)."

What I meant to say is: How do we obtain directions from the China Post Service counter at the "Junyuan Post Office" if we do not speak Chinese? My experience has been no English at the China Post office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.