Knoll

Seeking couples for friendship

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello All,

I am looking for Ukrainian/Russian couples for friendship:

If you live in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania or Connecticut, that would be perfect as we are looking for friends that are “reasonably” close to us in western New Jersey near Easton Pennsylvania. If you are heavy drinkers, heavy smokers, or do drugs, it is not a good match.

Ideally looking for American (or from any country) men with Ukrainian/Russian/Eastern European women (or any woman who knows Russian and English), living in America.

If this is not you but you know someone, please let them know.

Thank you.

TKNoll

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Topic moved from Off Topic to Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

I apologize for not being clear. My fiancée is still in Ukraine and she will be having her interview very soon. Assuming all goes well, she will be arriving in America this summer or early fall and we will marry. But I thought now would be good time to try and reach out to some people before she arrives.

We are not into kinky or weird behavior and no wife swapping.

Thanks.

TKNoll

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I apologize for not being clear. My fiancée is still in Ukraine and she will be having her interview very soon. Assuming all goes well, she will be arriving in America this summer or early fall and we will marry. But I thought now would be good time to try and reach out to some people before she arrives.

Thanks.

That's just mawilson's twisted sense of humour ;)

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Would you consider wipe swapping?

Predictable answer from members flying the Union Jack! :rofl:

Likely response is "not a chance in bloody 'ell""

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks.

That is someone who didn't marry an FSU woman just reaching out in desparation. Kinda like the V-8 commercial.

When your fiancee arrives, get her enrolled in an ESL program. She will very likely meet some other Russian speaking women. Most all the couples will be American men/FSU women. You may be surprised at the number in your area. They will know others who will know others, etc. No wife swapping will be asked about since...well...why would they be interested? They have FSU wives also.

In no time Alla found Russian speaking women to do her hair, nails, go shopping, go for coffee (a favorite past time) etc. There is a group of 8 couples we often meet with for parties, celebrations, etc. There are enough that I have had to "number" some of the women, since there are limited Russian names for women (I think about 15 :lol: ) There is Anya 1 and Anya 2, Tatiana 1,2 and 3, and Svitlana 1 & 2. The numbers being related to the order in whch they were introduced.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Gary is right, once your wife arrives to US she will meet plenty of Russian speaking folks, especially in New Jersey. Just make sure you enroll her to ESL program. This program exists in almost every College and University in Tri-State area. I was in similar situation when I came to US from former Soviet Union. As soon I went to school, I met quiet a few interesting Russian people there. I still friends with some.

If you really want to impress your fiancee and make her feel like at home, take her to Brighton Beach in Brooklyn for a day or so ;)

P.S.When you decide to come I don't mind be your personal tour guide. Just let me ahead of time.

Nov 25 2009 - While on vacation in Ukraine met my fiancee

Feb 20 2010 - Spent 8 amazing days in Caribbeans with my fiancee

April 16 2010 - Traveled to Ukraine

April 22 2010 - Returned to US

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

July 06 2010 - NOA 2 Hard copy received

July 11 2010 - NVC still still didn't receive approved petition from USCIS. Sent inquiry via email to NVC regarding my case

July 13 2010 - USCIS claims that they sent my petition on July 6th to NVC. Sent inquiry to USCIS.

July 21 2010 - USCIS sent email saying approved petition was lost in transit, asking to submit duplicate copy in order to reconstruct my case

July 29 2010 - Duplicate copy sent to Vermont Service Center.

August 10 2010 - USCIS sent email. Original petition found

August 10 2010 - second NOA 2 issued.

August 12 2010 - NVC received petition

August 13 2010 - NVC forwarded the case to Kiev embassy !!!

September 6 2010 - Medical Exam

September 27 2010 - INTERVIEW!!!

September 27 2010 - Visa Approved!!!

October 5 2010 - Arrived to US!!!

4dc0fd55f0.gif 828551138d.gif

Timeline

Would you consider wipe swapping?

Who in the right mind would swap Ukrainian for British wife :lol: :lol: :lol:?

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

July 11 2010 - NVC still still didn't receive approved petition from USCIS. Sent inquiry via email to NVC regarding my case

July 13 2010 - USCIS claims that they sent my petition on July 6th to NVC. Sent inquiry to USCIS.

July 21 2010 - USCIS sent email saying approved petition was lost in transit, asking to submit duplicate copy in order to reconstruct my case

Timeline

:lol::lol::lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Who in the right mind would swap Ukrainian for British wife ? :dance::dance::dance:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel like we are on the down hill side with NOA 2 now. Possible to celebrate Lesya's birthday in US. It was all part of the plan MUAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! B-)

Met online Sep 26 2009

Traveled to Ukraine Jan 22 2010

Spent 33 wonderful days together

Returned to US Feb 25 2010

K1 filed March 2010

Sent to VSC 2010-03-06

Received 03-08

Check cashed 03-10

NOA 1 dated 03-11

updated 03-16

Spending a week in Odessa and Kherson together 5-19-10 :)))))

NO RFE's

NOA 2 6-24-10

NVC recieve 6-28-10

NOA 2 Hard copy receive 6-29-10

NVC forward to Kiev 6-29-10 That was easy :)

Embassy receive 7-2-2010

Leave US 8-10 to attend interview

Interview 8-12-2010 :)))))))

VISA APPROVED 8-12-2010

POE Houston Tx. 8-20-2010

MARRIED Sep 25 2010 :))))))

Timeline

Who in the right mind would swap Ukrainian for British wife ? :dance::dance::dance:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel like we are on the down hill side with NOA 2 now. Possible to celebrate Lesya's birthday in US. It was all part of the plan MUAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! B-)

Maybe. Don't count days yet. It was 58 days for our approval and another 4 months before Alla arrived. It took TWICE as long after the NOA2 than waiting for it.

The consulate side of things does seem much faster now than it was in 2008.

But yeah...NEVER swap a Ukrainian wife for a Brit. :lol:

I wouldn't do it for a Brit, 3 Canadians (Quebecoise), and the whole Swedish bikini team!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Maybe. Don't count days yet. It was 58 days for our approval and another 4 months before Alla arrived. It took TWICE as long after the NOA2 than waiting for it.

The consulate side of things does seem much faster now than it was in 2008.

But yeah...NEVER swap a Ukrainian wife for a Brit. :lol:

I wouldn't do it for a Brit, 3 Canadians (Quebecoise), and the whole Swedish bikini team!

"

I wouldn't do it for a Brit, 3 Canadians (Quebecoise), and the whole Swedish bikini team!"

I hope Alla is reading this :)))

" It was 58 days for our approval and another 4 months before Alla arrived. It took TWICE as long after the NOA2 than waiting for it.

The consulate side of things does seem much faster now than it was in 2008."

I saw it on the Igor's page that it takes about a month from the time consulate receives your stuff and the interview date.

Why so longs?

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

Timeline

"

I wouldn't do it for a Brit, 3 Canadians (Quebecoise), and the whole Swedish bikini team!"

I hope Alla is reading this :)))

" It was 58 days for our approval and another 4 months before Alla arrived. It took TWICE as long after the NOA2 than waiting for it.

The consulate side of things does seem much faster now than it was in 2008."

I saw it on the Igor's page that it takes about a month from the time consulate receives your stuff and the interview date.

Why so longs?

Alla would say..."That would be a lot of eyes for me to gouge out" :lol:

I never looked at Igor's list so I am not sure what they are basing it on, when does the "month begin"?

It takes 1-2 weeks (without AP) for the petition to go from USCIS to NVC and be processed, 2-3 weeks for the petition to make it from NVC to Kiev AND get entered in their system. Until it gets entered in the system you cannot make an appointment. In 2008 the lead time for an appointment was 2 months. In 2009 it was 3-4 days. Now...I am not sure but it seems about 3-4 weeks from what I see recently. So even last year when they had, literally, some appointments available "next day" it was taking 2-3 weeks from the time the NVC finished with it, at least a month from NOA2. Actually it was more like 5 weeks last summer. I worked with several cases then and it was running about 5 weeks NOA2 to Interview. And that was FAST!

So from NOA2 until appointment, right now, could be 2 months in Kiev. The call center for Kiev is in Warsaw Poland. They get updates every Friday after they close for the week. So if your case is entered into the system on a Monday, it will be a full week before the call center even sees it and there is no way for them to check otherwise. You will see, when you go for your interview, that there are hundreds of people there for interviews, nearly all of them for visas other than family based, but still, each of them needs an appointment, has to have a case entered in the system, etc. K visa types of people tend to think that they operate in a vacuum, that we are the "only ones" when we aren't even a small fraction of the total. The consulate is a busy place, surprisingly so.

Your petition has now gone from one crowded government agency to another crowded government agency and must now wait in the next line. Good news for you is that Kiev is one of the more productive and "faster" consulates for handling these.

Get your other documents ready, get the medical done as soon as you have an NVC case number (or set up the medical for the day before the interview, depends on travel arrangements to Kiev) and get ready. Be prepared to accept the first appointment date offered.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.