maplefemale

Will I ever see a Green Card Again?

Has something from USCIS been lost in the mail for you?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Has something from USCIS been lost in the mail for you?

3 posts in this topic

I filed for removal of conditions last year... mid-process I moved. I did everything as required, and by the book... called in to update my address on my opencase, also of course has all mail forwarded. They mailed me my approval (apparently), and than my new green card (apparently).. to my old address... thank you agent on the phone that didn't actually update my address.. USPS didn't forward them .. (apparently all us offices work against me) the new occupents put them back in the mail.. never to be seen again.

THE CATCH: USCIS.gov case status, NEVER showed my case approved OR that my Geen Card was mailed.. so I just assume I was still waiting on the final work.. I called in .. the agent told me my green card had never been generated and filed something to have this resolved. Not long after I received an email with the horrible news.. a couple months earlier my green card WAS mailed. So here I am with no green card... I was told to file the I-90 and since it was never actually received I wouldn't need to pay again. So I did.. My application was declined. I was given the choice to 1) refile with full payment or 2) appeal the decision with costs more than refiling with the fee.. naturally.

So I called my local congress and got them involved... only to find out IF I realized my green card was stolen or lost in the mail sooner.. I wouldn't need to pay, but yet I had to pay.. and of course there is noway to pay additionally to have your green card trackable the second time around to ensure you receive it.

So .. I waited til we had another 500 to throw into the whole thing... and filed the I-90 at the start of April. on the 28th of april I received my appointment notice to get my picture retaken (no need for fingurprints when it hasn't been a year.. but you still pay the same.. imagine that!). That appointment was on May 26th... Almost a month ago now.. and still nothing. The best part is the online case status isn't updating properly.. doesn't show a decision has been made OR that my green card has been ordered.. imagine THAT!

Wanting to ensure I don't have the same thing happen again I called in to see what was going on... I have to wait the full period of time before they can do anything.. all I want to know is if it's even been mailed!! or ordered!!

Anyways... Has anyone replacing a stolen/lost green card had it processed at the nebraska service center? How long after biometrics is normal before receiving the card?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm gonna point out a few facts:

1. USPS cannot forward mail sent by the government, as far as I know. When you get your new greencard (God Willing) you'll se it specifies that on the envelope.

2. I wonder why you didn't learn the lesson about not trusting case status online yet :)

3. In the meantime you can schedule an infopass appointment and get a stamp in your passport that works just as good as your plastic card

4. You're still within the processing window for I-90, so it's too early to panic.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Other Timeline

Aside from the obvious caveats as a foreigner dealing with the immigration people (drones, for the most part), such as (1) don't change your name, (2) don't move, and (3) don't waste time online or the phone, what you really need to find out is whether or not a card has been mailed to you or not.

Make an infopass appointment and meet one of the drones in their home hive. Get it in writing.

Final consolation: if they keep this up, and it's very possible that they will, filing the N-400 will make the lazy drones have to look for your file. So in either case, time will work for you here.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.