CoolHand2x2y2z

Another Blue

51 posts in this topic

Timeline

As for the lexisnexis. Last year a friend of mine was doing some research and I had her run me on it and I was shocked of the info on me. It had info on every website I ever signed up for from way back from the beginning of there even being a world wide web. It was good in some ways in that showed me in my former profession( Petroleum Chemist) and also in my new profession (Truck driver). It also showed many things I could have done without them knowing. Since then I have had a Assistant D.A. I know do a background check and the report showed me at addresses that I never lived in ever. One of them looked like an address I lived at was a mail collection business too but also A few where I had a storage place to store my landscaping equipment for a business I had. So check to see if they are seeing any storage facilities as a place of residence. Needless to say there were things on there that could have looked bad to someone trying to evaluate if someone is in the process of getting engaged and marrying like dating sites and I have since then gone and deleted my profiles from them but also luckily they showed mostly the last times I was active and it showed years before the process. Lexisnexis also showed articles I had written and many things I had forgotten about. The one thing I did notice though that could be detrimental to many is that it also showed the activities of someone that had stolen my ID and was in prison as that person being me. Since then I have had to go and do an expunge of criminal records on me and that was an ordeal. It also showed a few things of someone with the same name as me but wasn't. Strange that person was the same name but older. It looked odd to me because this older same name lived near me for so long and we never met. I actually found his phone number and chatted with him and he was a nice fellow and let me know that over the years he had gotten many phone calls from ladies asking for me and he just expects them and gives the standard answer that they had the wrong one. ( he passed away last year sadly)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I contacted Lexis Nexis and they said they have no records of the feds requesting a record on me.

It must just be their own Commodore 64 records that they are using over at HCMC jerk-headquarters.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I contacted Lexis Nexis and they said they have no records of the feds requesting a record on me.

It must just be their own Commodore 64 records that they are using over at HCMC jerk-headquarters.

That is funny, after our interview I also had the Lexis done and they told me the same thing. Strange everyone says to get it, and this is two confirmed cases that no one else requested it. Maybe it is just what they say when asked about the report, but you would think if they told you something like that then it would be true. I did fine lots of valueable info about myself, most of it was very outdated though, and that is what bothers me so much, that people put so much stock in something like this report when it can be old and outdated. Not only Lexis, but all reporting agencies, because after I did my Lexis, I went to check out my credit score, and it also had things in it that were over 3 years old, and that is not supposed to be the case. So after finding outdated things on both my lexis and credit report, I took it a step further, and also looked at my drivers liscense what I found was strange, out of four seperate things I checked the Lexis, and 2 seperate credit reports only the drivers license was correct, go figure only the government angency was correct!! Sad but true facts. I do think the Lexic can be valuable for people to look into, but with my case it was not looked at by the consulate, and maybe in others it was, but for personal reasons like with Luckytxn, even if the consulate does not request it, you can find out a great deal of things that you never thought of as still lingering in your past. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

That is funny, after our interview I also had the Lexis done and they told me the same thing. Strange everyone says to get it, and this is two confirmed cases that no one else requested it. Maybe it is just what they say when asked about the report, but you would think if they told you something like that then it would be true. I did fine lots of valueable info about myself, most of it was very outdated though, and that is what bothers me so much, that people put so much stock in something like this report when it can be old and outdated. Not only Lexis, but all reporting agencies, because after I did my Lexis, I went to check out my credit score, and it also had things in it that were over 3 years old, and that is not supposed to be the case. So after finding outdated things on both my lexis and credit report, I took it a step further, and also looked at my drivers liscense what I found was strange, out of four seperate things I checked the Lexis, and 2 seperate credit reports only the drivers license was correct, go figure only the government angency was correct!! Sad but true facts. I do think the Lexic can be valuable for people to look into, but with my case it was not looked at by the consulate, and maybe in others it was, but for personal reasons like with Luckytxn, even if the consulate does not request it, you can find out a great deal of things that you never thought of as still lingering in your past. Jerome

Here's something I just found out from my wife. She said during the interview she saw pictures held up to the interviewee --such as, is this the house? Is this the car? Sooo... immigration sends out people to sponsor's home and take pictures!

I was shocked when I heard this and she swears that's what she saw. And they did it to her as well. The jerk held up a picture of where I live for my wife and asked her to identify it, a color printout of a photo.

So, if they are sending people out, think they won't dig into the records?

But, as someone who works extensively on the Internet, I can tell you that there are limitations --which is why they need to send people out to the field. This is BIG BROTHER working it hard. I'll even bet the same person who takes photos will even go to a person's work to check out the scene there as well.

Isn't that interesting!

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They are known to send a pair of guys out to dig up dirt on applicants in their village.. the first I have heard of it happening here as well..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow you got to be kidding me!!!!!! You have been going through this for 5 years?????? I beleive that USA is the communist country not Vietnam. Why should we go through this hardship and the illegals in USA only have to jump the fence in Mexico and they will have politicians fighting for them and do nothing for us. I would do what Jerome did if you can if you don't have extenuating circumstances( job, family, house) give them what they ask for but have a plan B if it doesn't work. You should write your congressman/senator often if you haven't done so already. I met with my congressman so they will at least respond but are of little help. I filed K1, got the blue, refiled and am still stuck on initial review with USCIS after 680 days since first filing. I feel for you brother. If they are asking for proof of a bona fide relationship then you are up against some stupid people. They think you are pulling a sham for 5 years? Have you gone to the consulate yourself?

Timeline

Wow you got to be kidding me!!!!!! You have been going through this for 5 years?????? I beleive that USA is the communist country not Vietnam. Why should we go through this hardship and the illegals in USA only have to jump the fence in Mexico and they will have politicians fighting for them and do nothing for us. I would do what Jerome did if you can if you don't have extenuating circumstances( job, family, house) give them what they ask for but have a plan B if it doesn't work. You should write your congressman/senator often if you haven't done so already. I met with my congressman so they will at least respond but are of little help. I filed K1, got the blue, refiled and am still stuck on initial review with USCIS after 680 days since first filing. I feel for you brother. If they are asking for proof of a bona fide relationship then you are up against some stupid people. They think you are pulling a sham for 5 years? Have you gone to the consulate yourself?

LOL. Yes, it does get silly after so many years. Yup, I've been in jerk-headquarters twice on different trips. And, yes, I've given all my info to my Congressman this week. I'm getting ready to provide all the evidence asked for on the recent blue paper and we'll submit everything in a few weeks. At this stage, I give it a 1% chance of success but maybe that's a little too high. Okay, .5 % sounds better. I'm already starting to plan my permanent relocation to be with my wife.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not all that bad. I mean there are serious things and then there are really serious things. This is just a visa thing and it's not going to end my marriage or anything like that.

Received.

Timeline

Go to Google maps, type in your address, and click "Street View". I seriously doubt they're sending people to take pictures of your house. USCIS processes tens of thousands of K visa petitions every year. They simple don't have the manpower to send investigators to everyone's home, and it wouldn't be necessary when pictures of your home are probably readily available on the internet.

Phuong and I spent quite a while looking at pictures of my house and the homes of her family members in the US using Google maps. We even took a "virtual drive" from my house to her Uncle's house, which is about 15 miles away. She thought the freeway looked scary. How can someone think a US freeway looks scary after they've seen the streets of Saigon? :blink:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Go to Google maps, type in your address, and click "Street View". I seriously doubt they're sending people to take pictures of your house. USCIS processes tens of thousands of K visa petitions every year. They simple don't have the manpower to send investigators to everyone's home, and it wouldn't be necessary when pictures of your home are probably readily available on the internet.

Phuong and I spent quite a while looking at pictures of my house and the homes of her family members in the US using Google maps. We even took a "virtual drive" from my house to her Uncle's house, which is about 15 miles away. She thought the freeway looked scary. How can someone think a US freeway looks scary after they've seen the streets of Saigon? :blink:

I also used google maps to show my house and it even had my vehicle in the pic that came up. It can also be printed

I asked my wife also about why she thinks the freeways are so scary here after the chaos of streets in Saigoin and she said it was because we drive so fast here.

Timeline

I asked my wife also about why she thinks the freeways are so scary here after the chaos of streets in Saigoin and she said it was because we drive so fast here.

To put THAT in perspective...

I don't know anyone personally who has died in a traffic accident in the US, and I'm in my early 50's. Phuong's nephew and one of her best friends died in different traffic accidents in Hue city in the six months since she came here from Vietnam, and the accident rate in Hue is a lot lower than in Saigon. You don't have to drive fast to get killed in a motorcycle accident.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I know its OT but those are two different types of traffic.. hundreds of thousands of motorbikes and bikes along with huige overweighted trucks and taxis= accidents...

but I understand what they mean by speed concerns... there are far lower speed limits there and many of them have never gone faster than 50mph in their lives... Thuy freaked out on the highway in a taxi in Singapore and we were only going around 90 kmh... there are probably as many accidents here as are there, but we are in safer vehicles...no exposed human body parts..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:

The Congressman contacted the consulate and their chief responded. I'm thinking it was an e-mail. A copy of the reply was mailed to me. The reply just rehashed the blue form and that was all.

I didn't expect much, but at least there's now a record in my file that a congressman contacted them on my behalf, at least I hope so. We will submit our paperwork as soon as my documents arrive to my wife.

Just so you folks know, FEDEX to Vietnam is something like $58+ and it gets there in about seven days. The US Postal service offers international priority, which is $13+, if it's not too bulky. But the postal service seems much slower. It's been ten days and no delivery yet, and there is no tracking.

I think this case must be getting up there as one of the longest on Visa Journey.

At this point, I'm still giving it 1% - 5% for a pink.

Received.

Timeline

I sent docs fedex and it was actually cheaper for 3 day delivery that 7 day...

All communication, emails and congressional inquiries etc. gets logged into the system... did the letter say who signed it? I left the one I got a copy of with Thuy so I cant remember if it was a guy from the info team or who..

I used Fedex 2 times.

1st time: 2 lbs cost me $98 for 5 days.

2nd time: 1 lb cost me $84 for 3 days, I asked if I want 5-7 days delivery, you know what it cost more than 3 days delivery (about $87)...lol...(they always deliver sooner than their scheduled time, I love their service - but it cost money :whistle: )

I know it was so expensive, but it's worth when you send something is important.

USCIS

01/25/2010 I-130 Sent

02/03/2010 I-130 NOA1 hard copy received in mail

03/19/2010 NOA2 Approved

03/22/2010 NOA2 received (email)

03/26/2010 NOA2 hard copy received in mail

Your I-130 was approved in 44 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

03/26/2010 : Case Number Assigned

03/26/2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

03/30/2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03/31/2010 : DS-3032 Sent by E-Mail

03/31/2010 : Paid AOS Bill Online

04/01/2010 : Received IV Bill

04/01/2010 : Paid IV Bill

04/03/2010 : DS-3032 Accepted (email received)

04/05/2010 : IV Bill and AOS Bill showed Paid (Still waiting for PCC)

04/15/2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

04/15/2010 : Return Completed DS-230 and Documents

04/21/2010 : AVR received

04/29/2010 : Log-In Failed

04/29/2010 : Case Completed at NVC

04/30/2010 : Interview Date Assigned

JUNE 16, 2010 @8:00 A.M.

Your interview took 133 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

EMBASSY

06/10/2010 : Medical Exam

06/16/2010 : Interview Date

07/02/2010 : Visa Received

07/07/2010 : POE at Chicago

Timeline

I use USPS Express Mail International (3-5 day delivery). A small 1 lb package would cost me about $35-$40. So far, I have not had problems sending packages to Thu. Great service at a great price :)

<CARRICK>

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.