CoolHand2x2y2z

Another Blue

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

not to bash your hopes with the congressman.. but at this point all they can do is ask whats up... cant make anything happen...

a lexisnexis report could give you insight into why they want additional documentation about living and working info that was already provided...

You will need to create a detailed timeline of where you have lived and with whom for the past years as well as the employment info. different from a timeline of relationship.. IMO this is not to be used for an interview at a later date, moreover to compare to something that caused them to take a deeper look... others have had this happen due to a bill at a previous residence still being in thier name or an asset being in the name of the former spouse and the petitioner...

What did they hold against you last year when they denied?

Where can I get this report, Scott?

Well, I figure a congressman calling on my behalf couldn't hurt. What do I have to lose? Right now, I feel it's completely over.

I didn't have enough visits.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

http://www.lexisnexis.com/risk/solutions/employment-screening.aspx you can call the number on that page and talk to them to see about getting a report... dont let this hurdle get you down... the congressman cant hurt.and its free...lol.. it may provide you with info you dont currently have....

try to look at it from the CO's perspective and think about what they are looking for and why they are looking for it... you have not been denied this go, soo dont look at it as you are going to be... just a few hurdles to go....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Your blue slip looks pretty easy to address (standard, with the exception of the address <--that's new)...it doesn't matter if you had it on hand, at this point, I suspect the CO knows you probably have/had it, but the blue slip was probably pre-printed. Just provide them the basic information that they are requesting making sure you cover every question that was asked.

For the bonafide relationship support, I would recommend asking people you know to provide you notarized affidavits. Make sure that they know you well, and that they include information pertaining to your relationship that only a personal relationship with you guys would know. For me, I asked my mom, sister, brother, and housemate to write one for me since they had each met him and witnessed our relationship. Of course, you should include other things as well, but I do think affidavits really help!

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

Where can I get this report, Scott?

Well, I figure a congressman calling on my behalf couldn't hurt. What do I have to lose? Right now, I feel it's completely over.

I didn't have enough visits.

Just out of curiosity, how many visits did you make to Vietnam?

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Timeline

http://www.lexisnexis.com/risk/solutions/employment-screening.aspx you can call the number on that page and talk to them to see about getting a report... dont let this hurdle get you down... the congressman cant hurt.and its free...lol.. it may provide you with info you dont currently have....

try to look at it from the CO's perspective and think about what they are looking for and why they are looking for it... you have not been denied this go, soo dont look at it as you are going to be... just a few hurdles to go....

Thanks, Scott. I'm curious if they are different than a credit report profile, which also has all of that info.

Your blue slip looks pretty easy to address (standard, with the exception of the address <--that's new)...it doesn't matter if you had it on hand, at this point, I suspect the CO knows you probably have/had it, but the blue slip was probably pre-printed. Just provide them the basic information that they are requesting making sure you cover every question that was asked.

For the bonafide relationship support, I would recommend asking people you know to provide you notarized affidavits. Make sure that they know you well, and that they include information pertaining to your relationship that only a personal relationship with you guys would know. For me, I asked my mom, sister, brother, and housemate to write one for me since they had each met him and witnessed our relationship. Of course, you should include other things as well, but I do think affidavits really help!

Good advice. Thank you!

Just out of curiosity, how many visits did you make to Vietnam?

I have a bunch now, so that's not the sticking point anymore.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.

Timeline

goes way beyond a credit report...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not trying to scare you but that was one of the things that they denied us for. Don’t take the address thing lightly, if possible get what you write certified in an affidavit form. They did some BS check on me. To explain it this is what happened in their confusion. I got my passport in 2007 with a passport service because I was in a rush to go to the Ukraine, well you have to sign for it, so I had my passport sent to my work so I could sign for it, and I had my house address as my primary address. In 2008 I moved to a new house, and only stayed there for 2 months before I bought a house. Well the check they did said my permanent address was the original one that I used when I got my passport, and the house where I lived was where I worked? Even though every tax record, bank statement, phone bill, and other documents even those from USCIS clearly showed my new address as the house I bought in 2008 and was currently living in. I am not saying they are going to deny you, just simply do not take their screw up lightly, if you can get a sworn affidavit of what you put down with the dates as true and correct, this will only bolster your claim. Also, when they ask for you to submit anything that proves that your relationship is real, do like Fred and Dao did, they submitted everything that they saw as pertinent, this is my opinion, but if you know she answered everything correctly, then I would label everything she took to the interview that you feel is the best evidence of your relationship and turn it ALL in, I know in other topics this might be considered “over-submission” but this is what they are asking for is proof of your relationship, will 2 photos and 2 emails prove your relationship? Maybe, but in this situation I would give more, you don’t have to go overboard, but as you have said if you get denied you are planning on just moving here, so if this is your last shot, make the most of it. This request might be standard as Scott said, no way to know for certain, but the address one was definitely there for a reason, as well as the medical. Good luck, but do what you feel is best, after all you are the one that must sleep at night with your decision, all we can do is say what we would or would not do. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Thanks, Jerome. Oh, I take these bastards seriously; I don't trust them one bit.

My wife's already packed it in. She doesn't even want to do the medical. But I want to give it one last shot, and she will do the medical next week.

If this isn't the Twilight Zone, I don't know what is. We are stuck on the edge of democracy where we are just pawns of the system.

Received.

Timeline

Say, Jerome, are you and your wife out of the game --you have given up on the visa to the US? Sorry, I haven't followed your story. You seem to handle it well.

Received.

Timeline

I didnt say the request was standard.. I said it was the standard form they use... I also noted that he should get the lexisnexis report to see why they are asking for the addresses and work history that was already provided... what they are asking for is not standard aside from the timeline...

He needs to understand what they have seen to know why they are asking for what they are asking for.. the medical is straightforward as is the timeline.. the history aspect and the lack of bonafide are the issues IMO... and can be a big issue if not addressed properly...

Did they give you a date to resubmit? I assume they did not because of the medical.. but then again never assume when it comes to HCMC... if they didnt give you a date.. that will allow you time to get everything you need together to counter this blue slip...

Timeline

I didnt say the request was standard.. I said it was the standard form they use... I also noted that he should get the lexisnexis report to see why they are asking for the addresses and work history that was already provided... what they are asking for is not standard aside from the timeline...

He needs to understand what they have seen to know why they are asking for what they are asking for.. the medical is straightforward as is the timeline.. the history aspect and the lack of bonafide are the issues IMO... and can be a big issue if not addressed properly...

Did they give you a date to resubmit? I assume they did not because of the medical.. but then again never assume when it comes to HCMC... if they didnt give you a date.. that will allow you time to get everything you need together to counter this blue slip...

Scott, I know you suggested the lexisnexis report, but I do agree that proof of bonafied and timeline are standard on most blue sheets, I was not trying to put words into your mouth, my main focus was on the proof of where he lived, and that because of what was in our denial i figured that I would stress that he get this proof wiith a signed affadavit, this is far more official than a simple letter stating I lived here from blank to blank, then here from blank to blank and so on.

Yes we are taking it quite well, at first when we found out the CO was a liar and he denied us on what he knew as lies I was pissed, and I think that Binh was as well, since after we found that out, she did not want to go back because they basically called us liars, when it was their employee that was the real liar. Since then I have moved on, the job market for a foreigner is pretty much limited to teaching, especially if you are not Viet Kieu, but also with that said they are plentiful, and the pay is very good based on the cost of living here. Also with our case our real intention was to always move back here and retire because of the cost of living. Just the other day we went and looked at a house it was a ground floor and a upper floor it was only 23,000 USD with a pink book, it was a bit far from the center, but for a nice 2 bedroom house, I dont think in the states you could find one half as nice for the price, then if you figure in that working only 20 hours a week at a learning center I can make 20,000 USD a year after taxes, it truly is a great fit, at least for us. Some people are tied closely to their family in the states, I am lucky as I have never been that type of person, and tis arrangement has worked out great for us. Good luck on your resubmittion, but please if possible get the list of residence done in affadavit form, it will be much better. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

They gave us a month, Scott.

Looking at the address thing... I pulled out my credit report and it showed a mailbox that I had. I was abroad for a number of years and used a mailbox to for stuff and I forgot all about it; I later closed it and it slipped my mind. And I didn't list it on the G-325A. I bet the bastards are looking at that and asking how could I have that address and claim to have been abroad.

I'll address that neglect on my documentation. Thanks, guys. That might have helped quite a bit. My my old passport will solve that validation part.

Received.

Timeline

Good for you guys, Jerome! Life is much more than geography. I am the same way; I only need my wife.

Received.

Timeline

IMO its just a standard 221g.. they cant issue the visa until they get the medical..... its a standard requirement... you should be fine when she submits the updated medical. had she had a medical done already, you would likely be in the same boat as Kevin... she should get pink soon after she gets the medical done...

Its a standard form that they had to submit to you... they did not generate all of that ####### just for you.. its the same that the rest of us get for blue slips..

The one thing that does stand out IMO is the info about your addresses... this is likely a result of the report they ran on you that may have listed an address for you which was not provided in the paperwork... I dont know how long it would take for you to request and obtain the same report to know what they saw, but it would be a great resource when assembling the requested info for them.. the timeline is pretty much a blue slip standard anymore...

were you married before?

Like Scott has said many times this is the standard thing they give us all, and as Linda has said, use affadavits when possible, don't get down in the dumps, the only thing that is not normal is the addresses, but we have all gone over that on what we feel you should do. Still there has not been any fat lady singing any tune to you and your wife, so do not give up hope, who knows they asked Luckytxn for a timeline and I am not sure about anything else, but he actually submitted early and there was a pink waiting for them, they did not need anything at all from him, I think they were going to give him a blue, but his wife did so good at the interview that she changed their minds, so then they had to give a blue so they would have time for the pink. Maybe the same in your case, if the CO was the one getting mad telling her he didn't believe her then maybe he was expecting a denial, and was frustrated at how well the interview actually went. As I have said before, and as many others including Scott, once you get the medical done and it gives her the clean bill of health, you should be good to go. Don't give up at least not until the fat lady sings. Jerome

Edited by jeromebinh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

I had not seen the blue slip at the time of that post saying after the medical everything should be fine.. The issue is far more comprehensive than just getting the medical... He needs to do a great deal of preparation to get the response to the blue slip ready for submission. Not trying to be gloom and doom.. just realistic.. He can reasonably get the visa for her, but he needs to have the appropriate response due to the bonafide relationship issue and domicile/employment documentation issue..

I would get the report from lexis and acquire all documentation available to address the 221g form... The form is the consulates way of saying they cant issue the visa yet because there are some issues... they indicated what the issues are and ways to resolve them in the blue slip. If there was no date.. they have a great deal of time available to get it all together and submit it... dont rush this stage...

Did they accept evidence of bonafide relationship from your wife at the interview or did they rely on what you sent in the initial filing.

That post Box thing could be the issue... it all boils down to understanding why they have the perception that they do.. and then you making things clear to them...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.