dswann

How much Time at JFK as POE

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, Anna's interview is on July 14th. She will then travel back to Kirovograd and fly here on July 31st. Her flight leaves Kiev at 1120 ans comes into New Your at 230pm. Her connecting flights leaves for Atlanta at 720pm. I had saw the other that left left JFK at 420 pm but really did not feel great about it and that was my reason for posting. Thanks for all the Information.

Gary, we handle the cat issue. Here is what happen with that. Anna took the cat to local vet there and total cost for shots was 45 dollars. Base from the information from Kiev Vet at airport given to Anna when she call to them she must go back to local vet there in Kirovograd and get certificate and translation and come to airport with in five days of traveling to USA.

That will not be a problem working from the advice of you and others we elected to have her travel back to Kirovograd and get her visa and she would have to do that anyway to meet the requirement for the cat.

Of course we are aware of the "special fee" at Kiev when boarding the plane in the amount of 100 dollars when your paper work is not in order.

Police report in Kirovograd took three days to get with paying the extra 10 dollar fee for faster service.

Spoke to Anna this morning and exchange rate there was 7.93.

Thanks again for all the info.

David

Good choice. People often forget to consider the possibility of the originating flight departing late, so arriving late. All my extra overnights were the result of late departing outbound flights, not delays in customs or immigration. When there is no later flight to catch, you're stuck. It's only an inconvenience for me but for a foreigner arriving in the USA with little to no English skill, even an overnight paid for by the airline is a major hassle to deal with, not to mention the heartache of the delayed reunion.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, Anna's interview is on July 14th. She will then travel back to Kirovograd and fly here on July 31st. Her flight leaves Kiev at 1120 ans comes into New Your at 230pm. Her connecting flights leaves for Atlanta at 720pm. I had saw the other that left left JFK at 420 pm but really did not feel great about it and that was my reason for posting. Thanks for all the Information.

Gary, we handle the cat issue. Here is what happen with that. Anna took the cat to local vet there and total cost for shots was 45 dollars. Base from the information from Kiev Vet at airport given to Anna when she call to them she must go back to local vet there in Kirovograd and get certificate and translation and come to airport with in five days of traveling to USA.

That will not be a problem working from the advice of you and others we elected to have her travel back to Kirovograd and get her visa and she would have to do that anyway to meet the requirement for the cat.

Of course we are aware of the "special fee" at Kiev when boarding the plane in the amount of 100 dollars when your paper work is not in order.

Police report in Kirovograd took three days to get with paying the extra 10 dollar fee for faster service.

David

Also be prepared with the animal that some airlines allow only ONE animal to be carried inthe plane...that means BY ANYONE. So if someone else has checked in before her with an animal she may have to put the cat in the baggage and they charged Alla an extra $150 for that (she had two animals so she exceeded the limit all by herself) It varies by airline. The animals ended up costing us almost as much as another person to fly. :lol: But hey, what are you going to do?

Yes, I remember the 5 day rule, that you must leave within 5 days of the document being issued, but we were advised no matter what we did, they were going to shake her down for a bribe, so be prepared. The $100 was for TWO animals. And there was two guys involved so I am sure they both had to get paid. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I arrived yesterday (POE: Detroit) on a K-1 and it literally took me 5 minutes! He just asked me my paperwork, asked what my fiance does for a living, informed me that I have to get married within 90 days, and leave the country before these 90 days... For the last information, ummm, whatever, don't know where he got that info from!

Anyway, 5 minutes!

The problem at JFK is not because of the visa. It is not because of the process of entering with a K-1. It is because you wait 2 hours to get to a CBP officer. Even as a citizen I wait that long. Once you get to the officer it went faster than 5 minutes for Alla. THEN you have to get your baggage and go to another terminal, and that can take an hour in itself. THEN you have to check in again and they want you to check in 2 hours ahead of time. You can miss that by some, even by quite a bit, but you won't do it with 2 hours between flights.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

David

Sounds perfect. It is far better that she have a longer layover in New York. Flights out of Kiev are pretty good about being on time. When you go past Kiev into deepest, darkest Ukraine the flight schedules become more and more like suggestions. I always worry that we make the first flight to Kiev and have even resorted to taking trains (the damn trains in Ukraine run on time!)It is an overnight train trip, but I spent way too many overnights in Kiev after missing the only flight to New York and I would rather sleep on the train and know I will get back on time.

Maybe the flight she is on will go faster, I have never arrived at that time and I don't know the rush at that time. The flight we usually take (Alla is taking it today) arrives at 4:35. If she is early, find a chair and take a nap.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.