icee

What about overstay and where to file AOS?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

No - the overstay for the Tourist Visa is forgiven IF the Adjustment of Status is Approved.

Here's the sticky bit about the I-131 (Advanced Parole Document )

Let's say you get it, firstly, ya?

Then, prior to AOS approval, you decide to leave the country, thinking the AP document is sufficient to get you back into USA, through and past the POE broohaha.

When you leave the USA, in this example - yer OVERSTAY IS RECORDED.

When you re-enter the USA, using yer AP document, in this example, you can't come back in, as you've a recorded overstay - they'll find it when they look you up at the POE.

So, it makes no sense to file the I-131 document, as you can't rely on actually using it for it's intended purpose - you've overstayed.

Again, the overstay is usually forgiven IF the Adjustment of Status is APPROVED.

Good Luck to you, however it goes.

anyway, my prior question was still if I can overstay on my b2 visa - it is not something we want, not something we planned, but this is the situation. it might be the most 2 weeks before I file my AOS papers? please, people, help us find the answer this question, we need to know asap..

thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

anyway, my prior question was still if I can overstay on my b2 visa - it is not something we want, not something we planned, but this is the situation. it might be the most 2 weeks before I file my AOS papers? please, people, help us find the answer this question, we need to know asap..

thank you

Your question has been answered previously but to reiterate.. YES you can stay.... just be aware of the risks, but YES you can stay

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.