Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We get Herr's ketchup chips too they are pretty good, we found them at Walmart and Fred's. We also found Pringles selling ketchup and dill pickle flavours for the summer too. The Dill pickle is better then the other dill pickle flavour they have, I think they call the other one spicy dill not sure though.

So a few days ago my daughter brought home a stray kitten. I think its probable about 10-12 weeks old, we didn't want to keep it first, but after finding out that the shelter here is not no kill we just couldn't drop him off. So after caller the vets to see what it would cost for getting checked over, and tested for feline leukemia cause I really don't know much about it , if its really some thing we should worry about etc. The Vet assured me as long as the other cats had their shots, they are protected if the kitten did have it. We decided we are going to keep him. His name is Zorro cause he looks like hes wearing a mask. He's black and white. I'm really hoping I wont regret letting my daughter keep this cat. Atm he's in the bathroom playing while the rest of the house pets get used to him.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I'm not a big fan of ketchup chips, so I don't care if I can't find them.. But those Lay's Honey BBQ and Baby Back Ribs sounds yummy! Tim bought some called Tangy Carolina BBQ, but he didn't like them, cause they have a mustard after taste. ( I like them however.. :lol:) I miss Old Dutch..but Lay's are a good second.

Your kitty sounds so cute, Ontarkie. I hope everything works out. I'm sure he'll feel loved and adored :luv:

Well....it's official. I am no longer considered a resident of Canada as of Aug 18th, 2009..(the day I moved). And GST wants to redo my credits, according to my husbands income....and see if I still qualify....ummmm I'm not living there anymore, I don't think I do....This is for October 20009, to April 2010. But they did finally catch up with the fact they deposited my GST back in Oct. and now they want it back! :lol:

In the meantime, I received the form for the taxes I did, and they were so sweet to redo a couple areas for me, and allow me MORE credit, which meant I had a bigger refund than I expected. Yay!! AND ....they sweetly took off the GST that I owe, and will deposit the rest...it's certainly not anything to write home about, but at least that payment is taken care of.

We're getting ready to go to Savannah, GA for our 1st year anniversary this weekend. We've booked a two hour dinner cruise on the Savannah River, the night of our anniversary. I'm so looking forward to that....I've always wanted to do a dinner cruise!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah I bought those Tangy Carolina BBQ ones before but we didn't really like them.. The honey BBQ ones are good because they aren't too strong...

I was a huge fan of ketchup chips as a kid but when I got older I liked sour cream & onion and All-dressed..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so the LA Fair is on right now and we go almost every year.. this year we decided to take one of our nieces or nephews so we picked one and asked him if he wanted to come and he said yes but we were talking to his mom and it turns out they hadn't been to the fair yet this year. I assumed they had went the first weekend when it is $1 to get in so then I felt bad for the other kids so now we are taking all 3 of them.. should be fun... but then I am thinking that the one we did ask to go might be a little disappointed because now he has to share us with his sibs :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

The hubby seems to really like Herr's ketchup chips. I found them one day at Wal-Mart and decided to try them. Now I have to go searching for them because he loves them so much. I think they're like a seasonal flavor that Herr's does. They've also got a Baby Back Rib flavor out right now that really actually tastes JUST LIKE ribs, lol.

They make their ketchup chips using Heinz ketchup :) one of my fav's aside from Lay's. Also Herr is one of the only companies that will ship them to the usa. Lays wont / cry

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

so the LA Fair is on right now and we go almost every year.. this year we decided to take one of our nieces or nephews so we picked one and asked him if he wanted to come and he said yes but we were talking to his mom and it turns out they hadn't been to the fair yet this year. I assumed they had went the first weekend when it is $1 to get in so then I felt bad for the other kids so now we are taking all 3 of them.. should be fun... but then I am thinking that the one we did ask to go might be a little disappointed because now he has to share us with his sibs :P

I love the fair, we used to go all the time when it came to town. Since we moved here we haven't gone yet, but I think what they call the fair may be much different then back home. Its nice you get to take all 3 kids, I know alot of ppl would think 3 is too much to handle. Having 4 kids I would hear that alot, thank god my family didn't think so. I don't know how your nephew and sibling get along but if its anything like my 4 they would be just so exited they are going it wont matter to him that hes will be sharing the both of you. Have a great time at the fair, it should be so much fun...

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

I love the fair, we used to go all the time when it came to town. Since we moved here we haven't gone yet, but I think what they call the fair may be much different then back home. Its nice you get to take all 3 kids, I know alot of ppl would think 3 is too much to handle. Having 4 kids I would hear that alot, thank god my family didn't think so. I don't know how your nephew and sibling get along but if its anything like my 4 they would be just so exited they are going it wont matter to him that hes will be sharing the both of you. Have a great time at the fair, it should be so much fun...

yeah it should be interesting taking all 3 I am not worried about being able to handle them all it is just the extra worry of making sure none of them get lost .. I remember we took them all to the zoo once and I was constantly doing a head count ..lol they all get along ok for the most part and of course they are on better behavior with us then they are with their parents......

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

yeah it should be interesting taking all 3 I am not worried about being able to handle them all it is just the extra worry of making sure none of them get lost .. I remember we took them all to the zoo once and I was constantly doing a head count ..lol they all get along ok for the most part and of course they are on better behavior with us then they are with their parents......

LOL ya the head count, I still do that know and it drives me nuts when I don't have them all with us it just doesn't feel right. They are older and don't go every where with us so it happends alot. Kids usually behave better the away from parents. Sounds like its going to be fun time.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Whoa. Off Topic is on Page 6!! :o

Now that I've caught up on all the posts I can't remember what I was going to post in here. :lol:

Hehe, it's not that it is said differently - it is that it is said at all! In the grocery store if my cart blocks the aisle, I move it and say 'sorry'. If someone else's cart is blocking the aisle, I ask them to move it and I don't get a 'sorry' - I get a 'grunt' or an 'unh unh'. I don't think many Americans are very familiar with the word so that is why it identifies Canadians.

I notice I get an odd look when I say "Pardon?" if I didn't hear what someone was saying.

mmm ketchup chips..... oh miss vickis. gonna get me some of those tomorrow haha and when I finally poe I am sooooo bringing miss vickis with me

OMG. I read that as ".... and when I finally poo....." :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

so here is another crazy nanny job..

these people want someone to take care of their 6 month old Mon to Fri from 7am to 6pm.. they want someone who is over 30 years old who knows CPR and First Aid and is licensed.. And they are going to pay you a whopping $100 to $140 a week which works out to about $1.80 to $2.55 /hour :o:blink::wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

these people want someone to take care of their 6 month old Mon to Fri from 7am to 6pm.. they want someone who is over 30 years old who knows CPR and First Aid and is licensed.. And they are going to pay you a whopping $100 to $140 a week which works out to about $1.80 to $2.55 /hour :o:blink::wacko:

That is just crazy!!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is just crazy!!

Seconded. You pay for what you get, in most cases (and particularly when it comes to childcare, from what I've seen).

Hooray, I remembered VJ exists! Myyyyyy bad. Sorry guys, things just got way hectic around here after we finished the AOS and I sort of dropped off the planet. I'll try to do better in the future!

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline

I would email the people who listed the add and show them the math, and then remind them that the minimum wage in this state is $8.00 per day and that the times they listed is 11 hours per day which would require 3 hours of overtime at a rate of 150%, per day. Failure to comply would result in a labor dispute and labor court. :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.