charmingangel

Email from NVC re missing docs

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello everyone! My agent ( my mom)in the US sent my AOS forms and supporting documents on May 29,2010 via USPS, (while my DS 230 is yet to be completed and sent).When I did the tracking, it showed that the package/documents arrived at NVC on June 1, 2010. But on June 3, I received an email from NVC stating that they reviewed the documents which I submitted in support of an application for an immigrant visa and that there were missing documents specifically DS-230, the Affidavit of Support form(I-864)and /or the related fees. They are requesting me to submit the forms and with instructions that I should include the barcode sheet that came with the letter and that write clearly the case number on the upper right-hand corner of all documents. I tried calling NVC re this but I had a hard time getting through. My mom also received a hard copy of the letter on June 7,2010 and she is quite anxious and worried coz she thinks that the AOS package they sent to NVC was rejected since there was no checklist barcode sheet and the case number were not written on the upper right-hand corner of all my documents.She wants us to sent another set of documents. I've checked the instructions for AOS several times and found no specific instruction regarding case number that shoud be written in the said area. I've already sent an email to NVC yesterday and no reply from them yet.

Please help me how to address this concern. Should I just send them another set of AOS form with complete supporting docs and follow all their instructions or just wait for the next email from NVC. I'm getting apprehensive already . Your advice and input is badly needeed. Thanks in advance.God bless!

Hi! Try calling again NVC to know the real status of your case. Usually, after receiving the DS-3032, NVC generates the Document Checklist Cover enumerating all the things that are still needed in order to complete your case. This also happened to us. In our checklist, it stated there that they havent received our DS-230 and the payment for our IV bill. where in fact, we have just sent them our AOS. So dont worry much about the list. It's just a simple reminder as well for all the things that needs to be done. Wait for the email saying you can now proceed with the Applicant Document Processing which is sent after they have reviewed the AOS you have sent. It took us around 2weeks from the time they received our AOS from the courier to receiving their email.

Hope this helps.

2007.06.13 - Received NOA1

2009.07.17 - Received NOA2: I-130 APPROVED

2009.08.06 - Received NVC Case No. MNL2009*****8

2010.04.02 - Received and Paid I-864 bill

2010.04.07 - Received I-864 package

2010.04.15 - Completed and sent I-864 to NVC

2010.04.23 - Received DS-3032 through postal mail

2010.04.27 - Sent DS-3032 through Fedex

2010.05.07 - Received and Paid IV bill

2010.05.12 - Received Document Cover Sheet for DS-230

- Completed and sent DS-230 to NVC

2010.05.17 - NVC received DS-230 from FedEx

2010.05.24 - NVC AVR: received DS-230

2010.06.02 - NVC AVR: Case completed!!

2010.06.19 - Sent request for case to be expedited to NVC

2010.06.28 - NVC AVR: Case sent to Manila Embassy - CASE EXPEDITED!

2010.07.09 & 12 - Medical at SLEC

2010.07.23 - Interview (7:15am) - APPROVED!

2010.08.xx - CFO Seminar

2010.09.02 - POE at LAX

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! My agent ( my mom)in the US sent my AOS forms and supporting documents on May 29,2010 via USPS, (while my DS 230 is yet to be completed and sent).When I did the tracking, it showed that the package/documents arrived at NVC on June 1, 2010. But on June 3, I received an email from NVC stating that they reviewed the documents which I submitted in support of an application for an immigrant visa and that there were missing documents specifically DS-230, the Affidavit of Support form(I-864)and /or the related fees. They are requesting me to submit the forms and with instructions that I should include the barcode sheet that came with the letter and that write clearly the case number on the upper right-hand corner of all documents. I tried calling NVC re this but I had a hard time getting through. My mom also received a hard copy of the letter on June 7,2010 and she is quite anxious and worried coz she thinks that the AOS package they sent to NVC was rejected since there was no checklist barcode sheet and the case number were not written on the upper right-hand corner of all my documents.She wants us to sent another set of documents. I've checked the instructions for AOS several times and found no specific instruction regarding case number that shoud be written in the said area. I've already sent an email to NVC yesterday and no reply from them yet.

Please help me how to address this concern. Should I just send them another set of AOS form with complete supporting docs and follow all their instructions or just wait for the next email from NVC. I'm getting apprehensive already . Your advice and input is badly needeed. Thanks in advance.God bless!

Try to call the NVC at 0730 ET, this is the best time to call them..or send the DS230 with the documents required but better yet is to speak with the NVC operator and ask what documents u need to submit..or the lacking docs.. Goodluck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. this is a standard 'checklist letter' - there are 3 that you might receive - don't sweat it.

2. this is a 'false rfe' - don't sweat it.

3. NVC sends out this letter on occasion - don't sweat it

4. Tell yer Mum that AOS IS NOT IV, I-864 is NOT DS-230. Tell her this, repeatedly.

5. Relax, a bit- you have up to 1 year to get all of yer documents into NVC.

6. Submit the DS-230 when you have all documents ready - not before.

IMO, was timing issue. Don't sweat this - NVC is just waiting on you and yer Mum to send out the DS-230.

errata - are you or yer Mum using the online payment portal, at all ?

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks to all who responded to my concerns. Well, thank God also, I was able to call NVC at 7:30 pm (EST)after several attempts. I was able to talk to an operator and I've explained to her my concerns and she told me that there's really nothing to worry about. The documents might have already arrived and is in the building already but has yet to be logged in, though I still have to call them back after a week to really confirmed the delivery of the package and if it has been logged in already. All I have to do now is complete the DS 230 forms and the supporting docs and to follow all the instructions written on the Checklist Letter.Hopefully I'll be able to send them next week without any hassles. I'm really quite relieved now that things are getting on the right track. I just talked to my mom and told her about the good news and she too was relieved.Thanks again my fellow VJ members for the advice and help. God bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.