Money2g

A few Questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

hey everyone, I have a few questions and would appreciate the help. Now for the affidavit of support I will need a co-sponsor, at the same time my brother is also in this same process as me trying to bring his fiancee, now the question I am asking is would me and him both be allowed to use the same co-sponsor? We know a family friend and he has agreed to help us out but we dont know if he can be the co-sponsor for both of our fiancees.

Another question I have is when we file the affidavit of support, is the support needed for me and my fiancee or just her?

And the last question is having a co-sponsor who lives in another state possible? Like does the co-sponsor need to live in the same state as me for the person to be eligible?

Thanks

Sent I-129f on 02/02/2010 Wish Me Luck!

Received I-797C Notice of Action or NOA1 dated 02/10/10 on 02/15/10

NOA2 Approved May 20, 2010

Married December 23, 2010!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey everyone, I have a few questions and would appreciate the help. Now for the affidavit of support I will need a co-sponsor, at the same time my brother is also in this same process as me trying to bring his fiancee, now the question I am asking is would me and him both be allowed to use the same co-sponsor? We know a family friend and he has agreed to help us out but we dont know if he can be the co-sponsor for both of our fiancees.

Another question I have is when we file the affidavit of support, is the support needed for me and my fiancee or just her?

And the last question is having a co-sponsor who lives in another state possible? Like does the co-sponsor need to live in the same state as me for the person to be eligible?

Thanks

1) if the sponsor qualifies then he can sponsor more than one

2) just the aliens unless he supports you as well

3) depends on the consulate but typically not an issue

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks

1) The joint sponsor can act as a joint sponsor for more than one family or person as long as the income is sufficient for the total of all peopole needing sponsorship. The joint sponsor will need to fill out an I-134 (or equivalent for Afghanistan) for the first Alien Beneficiary he jointly sponsors. Then on the next I-134 (say for your brother/relative), the joint sponsor needs to list that he has filled out an I-134 Affidavit of Support previously and list the person sponsored.

2) The joint sponsor only supports the Alien Beneficiary and any dependents of that Alien Beneficiary. You would not be included.

3) This is very important. The evidence the joint sponsor submits in addition to the usual documents like pay stubs, tax transcriipts, MUST include proof they are a US Citizen, US National or Legal Permanent Resident. Other requirements of the joint sponsor are that they must domicile in the USA or its territories, a different US State from US is fine. A different country is not fine, it is then up to the judgment of the CO.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

thanks for the replys. I have another question, and I guess it would be better to ask it here instead of making another thread. The question is, that the family friend is willing to help me and my brother out by sponsoring both our fiancees but the question I had was how much does his income level need to be in order for him to be qualified?

Timeline

thanks for the replys. I have another question, and I guess it would be better to ask it here instead of making another thread. The question is, that the family friend is willing to help me and my brother out by sponsoring both our fiancees but the question I had was how much does his income level need to be in order for him to be qualified?

google "I-864P"

YMMV

Timeline

google "I-864P"

Ok so I am looking at the guidelines and its sort of confusing to understand, so say if he is just supporting himself and then our fiancees which would equal out to 3 people, then he would have to at least make $23,000? Am I correct in assuming that?

Timeline

Ok so I am looking at the guidelines and its sort of confusing to understand, so say if he is just supporting himself and then our fiancees which would equal out to 3 people, then he would have to at least make $23,000? Am I correct in assuming that?

yup 125% of the poverty level at the time the visa is to be issued for the size of the sponsor's household plus all sponsored aliens

YMMV

Timeline

yup 125% of the poverty level at the time the visa is to be issued for the size of the sponsor's household plus all sponsored aliens

hey I have another question, sorry. Now if the person that's willing to be my joint sponsor has say about 300k worth of real estate property, would that qualify as being something they would consider to allow him to sponsor my brother and my fiancees. The reason I am asking is because we found out that he reported 21,000 on his tax return which would only qualify him for sponsoring one person

thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

hey I have another question, sorry. Now if the person that's willing to be my joint sponsor has say about 300k worth of real estate property, would that qualify as being something they would consider to allow him to sponsor my brother and my fiancees. The reason I am asking is because we found out that he reported 21,000 on his tax return which would only qualify him for sponsoring one person

thanks

It is up to the Consular Officer to look at the finances in their totality. There is no definite about how liquid or solid assets can be, there are no instructions for applicants, only for adjudicators.

Depending on the nature of the assets, it is possible they could represent 60,000 to 100,000 in annual income. See section 29 on page 9 of the I-864 form and instructions.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

It is up to the Consular Officer to look at the finances in their totality. There is no definite about how liquid or solid assets can be, there are no instructions for applicants, only for adjudicators.

Depending on the nature of the assets, it is possible they could represent 60,000 to 100,000 in annual income. See section 29 on page 9 of the I-864 form and instructions.

Good luck

Ok I took a look at it and its sort of confusing but I sort of get it. Now I am trying to see if I can get someone else to do it who is a friend of my dad, and he has a wife but no kids, so shes his only dependent, and I believe his income alone is not enough to sponsor my fiancee, but the thing is that he currently owns a pizzeria that is valued at 80k and is still running. Now my question is since that is a liquid asset, since it runs well and is making good business, would that suffice in making up the difference needed to sponsor my fiancee?

really appreciate the help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.