TeSha

please respond or anyone has experiences in information

6 posts in this topic

peace upon u everyone..my wife an American woman she has been in Egypt from 3 March and we got married in 26 April and she need to back to the states but we need to travel together we cant be alone anymore so what we shall do if we go to the embassy because we read she should stay in Egypt 6 months but we search about any exception so we not wait that time so we come here to get a good advice and good ideas for her and me from the people has experiences and we will be thankful

bless your day and the best luck to you everyone

Filed: Country:
Timeline

First of all, I have several questions. 1. Do you want to permanently move to the United States? 2. What type of visa does your wife have in Egypt? 3. Are you willing to be separated for a considerable length of time (1 year), or do you want to be together no matter what.

Unfortunately, there is no option that will simply let you walk up to the US embassy and request a visa for the next day, week or even month.

In all probability, you will not be given a tourist visa to the United States because the consulate will doubt that you will return to Egypt.

If you want to permanently move to the United States with your wife, you really have two choices. You could directly file with the consulate in Egypt; this however, is subject to the requirements of the US Consulate in Egypt. Generally, the American citizen has to have been in the foreign country for 6 months with a resident visa (not tourist). I would review what the exact rules are for Egypt, because they could differ. If your wife has the right type of visa and is willing to stay in Egypt for 6 months (or whatever the requirement in Egypt is), that could be an option. However, after filing, the wait will probably be at least three months and probably longer, again depending on the consulate, before you will be given a visa. In summary, if you meet the requirements, you and your wife COULD be in the US in 9-12 months, but neither will be able to travel until the visa is issued.

The other option is called a CR1 visa and is what you probably will end up doing, if you will not qualify for directly filing/your wife cannot stay for so long, or whatever the reason may be. You and your wife will follow the instructions found by following this link. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/110-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-process-procedures/

She can return to the US while you stay in Egypt, waiting for all of the steps to be completed (6 months to a year, generally, although it can be longer) and an eventual interview at the US consulate in Egypt.

Again, if you show up at the consulate tomorrow, no visa is going to be issued. It sounds like it is going to be 7-12 months before you may be able to travel to the US with your wife to live and realistically, it could be months longer. I wish that I had better news, both for your sake but also for my sake...we all would like to be with our loved one(s), but it simply does not work like that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

she will have to file a cr1 for you and unfortunately you will have some wait.....she needs to check out this website on how to fill out everything and each step she needs to take. You will spend some time alone and yes it is hard, but we are all doing it and if you love each other....everything will be fine.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

peace upon u everyone..my wife an American woman she has been in Egypt from 3 March and we got married in 26 April and she need to back to the states but we need to travel together we cant be alone anymore so what we shall do if we go to the embassy because we read she should stay in Egypt 6 months but we search about any exception so we not wait that time so we come here to get a good advice and good ideas for her and me from the people has experiences and we will be thankful

bless your day and the best luck to you everyone

Join the club. You married a foreigner. You either stay together abroad for 6 to 10 months (or more) or you are separated for a similar time frame.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did you find the guides section ? Covers most, if not ALL, of the things you need.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.