Thanh Mai

VisaPro SERVICE?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have anyone in here use VisaPro SERVICE? are they reliable? or they just want your money and didn't do the job?

I have problem going to an agency one to do my I-129F and fail and waste a lot of money on paper work.

I want to do I-130 and this time i need a lawyer.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have anyone in here use VisaPro SERVICE? are they reliable? or they just want your money and didn't do the job?

I have problem going to an agency one to do my I-129F and fail and waste a lot of money on paper work.

Thanks

Skip the K-3 and just do the I-130.... process changes made back in February make the I-129f for K-3 essentially obsolete

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks

File CR1 and contact Marc Ellis..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I am new to this forums, Who is Marc Ellis?

Thanks

He is an immigration Atty that specializes in VN... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/6473-ellis-island/

He has offices in US and VN... You can PM him through that link...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

He is an immigration Atty that specializes in VN... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/6473-ellis-island/

He has offices in US and VN... You can PM him through that link...

Thank you for quick replay.

Have you or anyone here use his service?

I want a schedule a telephone consultation with him but i don't know how much is cost.

I am in tight of money, and i just get a job starting Monday.

I want to get an idea of what i need to spend to start this paper again.

Thank Again.

Timeline

Many here have used him... The price depends on the time he will spend on the case... contact him and he will be able to give you a heads up on $ and what to expect in the case...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Marc Ellis is highly recommended - you can find his website via da Google --> 'Marc Ellis Immigration'

but - what do you need?

vs

I want to get an idea of what i need to spend to start this paper again

which are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE (no money, no lawyer)

HOWEVER - I do suggest you contact Marc, pay for 1 to 3 hours of CONSULT TIME and CASE REVIEW, prior to filing the I-130.

He doesn't have to represent you for the PETITION to get his eye-ball scrutiny and advice on yer CASE (but that does cost some money).

IMO, usually he gives 'sanity checks for free' via email, but don't rely TOTALLY on just a 'sanity check' - pay for his time.

IMO, it's the best money you could spend, right now - to make sure, absolutely make frikken sure -

that yer paperwork is right and tight.

I see you just joined - so I will suggest to you, as well - to READ the GUIDES section on the I-130/CR-1 completely, twice.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you for quick replay.

Have you or anyone here use his service?

I want a schedule a telephone consultation with him but i don't know how much is cost.

I want to get an idea of what i need to spend to start this paper again.

Thank Again.

Marc Ellis to many is a good lawyer, I personally do not like him, because of his attitude when my fiancee (now wife) met with him when we were denied, he usually charges $100 USD just for a consultation, and about $1000 to $1500 for a standard case. The fact of the matter is that no lawyer can guarentee you a visa, it all depends on your specific case, and the Co that is doing the interview. What a lawyer does is help get things looking professional, and can give you a pre interview with questions that he thinks might be asked, and this is all speculation because no one knows what the CO will ask, so even a good lawyer might not ask the right questions, and then your preperation with the lawyer is now useless, the only thing that any lawyer really does, is take your money, and use his past cases as reference, meaning he has seen more cases than most people on VJ. Even if you do hire Marc Ellis, or ANY lawyer, it will still be your responsibility to push them to work for you, if you only take them a few things, then they only have a few things to work with, you still must remain very active in your case to get the desired results. Hit or miss, lawyer or no lawyer, the choice is yours, but your wife/fiancee/husband are still the one that has to go into that interview and get approved. Jerome

Edited by jeromebinh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Thank you for all the information, at least i can get an idea of what i am up again.

I have once file a I-129F and the interview fail, they close the case now she is my wife.

As right now i do have Vietnamese marriage certificate and i want to start over again

bring her over as my wife.

As before i hire a agency that doing the immigration paper work, and i provide all the information for

them and they also help my wife do all the paper work and tell her where to go what to do.

The big question for me right now is should i or should i not get a lawyer, what benefit do i get with a lawyers?

What the down side doing the paper work by myself? I know fill out I-130 is not work and i have look at it.

Thanks

Timeline

It all depends on the issues they had with your first petition... The Dich Vu only fills out the forms and they often make mistakes... You will need to address the issue when you file the CR1... if they accused you of fraud before this can be problematic.. If they said you lacked sufficient evidence of bonafide relationship, then you can address that on your own and save a boat load of $... The key is being very organized and making sure that all items they are looking for are clear and present as well as a thorough documentation of a bonafide relationship... The odds are usually much better the second time because couples know what to expect and how to prepare for it... The CR1 is much cheaper now as well so getting married has saved you a bunch of money in the new petition over a second K1...

If they denied for lack of proof of bonafide relationship.. you should be able to do it yourself as long as you take your time and be thorough in your preperation... the guides and the forums can be a great asset when it comes to getting everything ready.

Timeline

There are really no guaranteed benefits of hiring an attorney. They cannot go to the interview, they cannot talk to the CO, the only thing they can do is make sure your forms are filled out correctly (but even attorney’s make mistakes) and they can seemingly make your petition look more professional. I have a friend that is a CO, in HCMC and his personal view on an attorney is that they are not worth it unless you have been denied due to fraud allegations, because there are some legal issues that will need addressed.

You say that you were denied the K1 visa, what were the specific reasons for your first denial? Before you file this is a must to know. Did they give you a chance to do a rebuttal or did they let your case simply expire? Just because you are now married does not mean you will get a visa, there are a few people here that come to mind that were denied last year that are married. The most important thing when you re-file is to have your denial sheet next to you when you make the package you are going to send, and to address each reason overwhelmingly, this means if they say not enough photos showing that you were together for more than 3 or 4 days, do not submit 5 or 6 photos, submit 50 or 60 photos of the both of you and of you and her family, you two on trips, all sorts of things like that, if they say no evidence of an ongoing relationship, don’t simply submit 5 or 6 emails or letters, submit 100 or so. Go above and beyond what you think, this way there is no doubt. All of these things that a lawyer or visa service will do, you still need to give them the information, you need to look over all the forms to make sure they are correct, they are not very hard to fill out if you just read each line, and even with an attorney you will still be forced to address the reasons for your first denial, in my personal opinion you should be able to do it on your own, after all you will be getting everything that any service will need. Spend $1000 to $1500 for an attorney is your choice, will it make a difference no one really knows, Marc Ellis has represented many people that were approved, and they all think he is what made the difference, and he has also represented many people that were still denied, and those people think they wasted their money, just as any other attorney has helped people both get approved, and some that were still denied. Just follow your heart, this way no matter what you choose you will be able to know you did what you thought was right. All we can do is offer our opinion on the questions you ask. Good luck Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.