andy777

Hi guys, I need help on how should my wife answer to my job history.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just want to get opinions from VJ members on how my wife should answer when the CO ask how long do I work at my current job. The employment verication letter I get from my my compnay stated that I started to work on Aug 18 2008 to current.If the CO ask how long do I work at my current job, do my wife answer them from August 18 2008 to now?? or do she include the years which I work for Intel before I got layoff?

Hey men

you say not true and lie ,the Co look at your W2 they do not care who you work for ,your were working for Kelley serves ,why you are not tell your wife on that

I think and cofident that you and your wife Failres again

Do not listen some F ,ps on Vj , some very help some very bad , they are only know how talk and write long word

truth me or mail me I will speak to you

Johncali

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anyone who tells you to lie at the interview is giving you the worst possible advice imaginable.

good.gif

LIE = BAN FOR LIFE

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree with Jerome. Whatever you provide them (employment letter) make sure her response doesn't contradict that. Maybe you can ask HR to write you a letter to include that you had previously worked for Intel as a contractor? Any way, just make sure your response doesn't contradict any hard evidence.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I do not know that anyone is telling him to lie, if his employment letter only shows a certain date then he needs to answer to that date, as Linda said see if your HR person will give you an accurate job history statement as this will alleviate any and all doubts about what you are saying. I also know on different questions many people have clearly stated that the CO does not know the answer so to lie instead of saying "I do not know" has been what many long standing VJ members have said they thought were better than the "I do not know" response, but in this case, if you are submitting any documents from your employer, and other forms (w-2) then your statement needs to match what you submit, or it now becomes contradictory, and thus open for scrutiny. People stating don’t give them more info than they need is not telling the OP to lie, at least I do not see it as telling them to lie. But regardless if he worked for Kelly in the beginning and then it became a full time position with Intel, they are in fact two separate companies, so to answer it like they were the same would be a lie. In my case, my company only has about 2000 employees, so for them to dig deeper and get my original hire date was not that long, also considering the fact that I only took one month off meant my new file went with my old file, in his case with Kelly being a different company there is probably no way that the HR person would list that date as his hire date, and I think that Intel might have many more people making it less appealing for the HR person to dig, but she might all the same just listen to what you say and take it on good faith as many people would. If any of my statements have suggested to lie, that was not my intent. I do not recommend lying to the CO ANY time during the interview, even if your fiancée/wife knew they did not know the answer, I would rather be denied because we were 100% honest than to risk getting caught in a lie and taking a ban. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Thanks for all your advices,

My questions if she said I work from Nov 2005 to now, my concern is if the CO look at my tax return on 05-07 intel wasn't on it, only Kelly Services is. Will this raise red flag to them? This was what the CO ask my wife on her first interview.

She have on Feb 2008.

CO: Where do your husband work?

My wife: He work for Intel

CO: How long have he work for Intel?

My wife: two years, but ther was a short time he got layoff.

CO: Why he got layoff?

My wife: Because the company was down.

CO: Why the company was down?

My wife: Because there is no production.

After that, the CO said on the white slip that my wife dont know about my work. I dont understand what went wrong there. Unless the CO look at my tax and don't see Intel on it. That's is what I think but not sure.

What do you guy think??

This is what I understand...

Nov - 2005 to Jan - 2007: Worked as a contractor for Intel company

Feb – 2007 to June - 2007: Got hired as a fulltime employee for Intel Co

July – 2007 to July – 2008: Layoff

August – 2008 to Present: Intel Co rehired you back.

Question:

-From July -2007 to July 2008, did you start to work somewhere else? I assume you are not.

And here is my opinion,

**Base on the employment verification letter

A. August 2008 to Present: Work for Intel Co

B. July – 2007 to July 2008: Layoff

C. Feb – 2007 to June – 2007: Worked for Intel

---------

I assume that CO will ask the same questions again…here is what I will response

CO: Where does your husband work?

My wife: He is currently work for Intel

CO: How long has he work for Intel?

My wife: Since August 2008 to Present…To me, you don’t have to say that you were layoff in a short period time, because the CO didn’t ask for it. Just straight answer to the question

CO: Where did he work before?

My wife: Same company but work as a contractor.

Second K1: I-129F Timeline

--------------------

Sept 15, 2007: I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 24, 2007: NOA1 hard copy received

Jan 25, 2008: Approved

Feb 01, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

April 24, 20008: Interviewed

May 06, 2008: Received Visa

May 11, 2008: Entry to US "Chicago"

May 15, 2008: Registered Marriage's license

Sept 19, 2008: Received Green Card w/o interview

=========================

***Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

June 19,2010 - I751 Package sent to VSC

June 28,2010 - Received NOA1

July 07, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 09, 2010 - Approved w/o Interview

August 19, 2010 - 10 Year Green Card Received

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feb 2012 - Received U.S Citizenship

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats on the PINK!!!!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.