tcd77

AOS question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi.. I have a few questions. I am a 2 year greencard holder and will expire on dec. 2, 2010. I am divorce with my first husband. I found a new guy at my work and love comes along and he wants to marry me. My question is after we get married can we file for adjustment of status under his name? and how long does it takes and what are the requirements for filing a new AOS. Do i need to file a waiver?.. What if my AOS been approved after my greencard expired does it affect my employment? Your help is highly appreciated..

Filed: Country:
Timeline

You don't need to AOS (Adjust Status), you're already a LRP.

What you need to do it ROC (Removal of Conditions) which should have been filed shortly after you were divorced. As long as you can prove that your now dissolved marriage was entered into in good faith you should be fine Removing Conditions on your own.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

echo'ing what Bob said.

You should have filed for ROC (Removal of Conditions) after the divorce, on your own. You qualified on Day 1 after the divorce was finalized. There are some other conditions to that, but I'm sure you can find them here on VJ.

re: 'the new guy sponsering you' - sorry, not possible.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You don't need to AOS (Adjust Status), you're already a LRP.

What you need to do it ROC (Removal of Conditions) which should have been filed shortly after you were divorced. As long as you can prove that your now dissolved marriage was entered into in good faith you should be fine Removing Conditions on your own.

What are the requirements for removal of conditions? and what documents should i attach to prove that marriage is entered in good faith.. i dont have any documents like bills thats has our names.. no joint Bank accounts, etc..I dont have these. Thats why im asking if my new husband can file for an aos under his name

echo'ing what Bob said.

You should have filed for ROC (Removal of Conditions) after the divorce, on your own. You qualified on Day 1 after the divorce was finalized. There are some other conditions to that, but I'm sure you can find them here on VJ.

re: 'the new guy sponsering you' - sorry, not possible.

why its not possible to sponsor me?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What are the requirements for removal of conditions? and what documents should i attach to prove that marriage is entered in good faith.. i dont have any documents like bills thats has our names.. no joint Bank accounts, etc..I dont have these. Thats why im asking if my new husband can file for an aos under his name

why its not possible to sponsor me?

Because you don't need a sponsor. You are already a legal permanent resident. Read the guide for removal of conditions by clicking on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here.

How long ago was your divorce final? What is the expiration date of your green card?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Because you don't need a sponsor. You are already a legal permanent resident. Read the guide for removal of conditions by clicking on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here.

How long ago was your divorce final? What is the expiration date of your green card?

our divorce was final may 18,2010..my greencard expired on dec. 2,2010.

***** Is this the guide u are talking about sir? Please bear with me...

Instructions for I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

If you are filing to waive the joint filing requirement because your marriage has been terminated, also submit a copy of the divorce decree or other document terminating or annulling the marriage with your petition.

What Initial Evidence Is Required?

Permanent Resident Card You must file your petition with a copy of your Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Card, and a copy of the Permanent Resident or Alien Registration cards of any of your conditional resident children you are including in your petition. Submit copies of both front and back sides of the card.************

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yup - that's The Guide to Use !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.