JohnandMyrein

Finally got a reply from USCIS on Missing Approved Petition

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey All,

After much heartache and being annoyingly persistant, I finally got a reply on my missing approved K1 petition. The operator told me that my file was being held for Quality Control purposes and will be forwarded to the NVC after they are done reviewing it. WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?!? Isn't approved APPROVED? So what gives? Anyone ever come across this one before?

Edited by JohnandMyrein

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know for sure, but maybe because they lost it, they're doing a review of what happened so they have all the details. Or perhaps they're reviewing the complete handling of your case to make sure everything was done to proper standards.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey All,

After much heartache and being annoyingly persistant, I finally got a reply on my missing approved K1 petition. The operator told me that my file was being held for Quality Control purposes and will be forwarded to the NVC after they are done reviewing it. WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?!? Isn't approved APPROVED? So what gives? Anyone ever come across this one before?

Hm, sounds familiar. I got my NOA2 approval but 10 days later the packet had still not made it to the NVC. I called both ends (NVC & CSC) every day, always working my way up to a supervisor level 1 or 2 and I sent countless e-mails. Each side accused the other of slacking off. Then I finally got the same e-mail about QC that you did. Finally, 3 weeks to the day after getting the approval (which stated that the app had been forwarded to the NVC that day) I got another 1-line e-mail from USCIS that it was being sent to the NVC that day! Of course I wrote back immediately inquiring as to ####### was going on in those three lost weeks and got nothing in reply.

I had also contacted one of my Senators during the process and they made inquiries for me. In the end I asked the aide about the QC e-mail and she said, "the USCIS periodically pulls random files to ensure that the Officers are doing their jobs. You may have just been one of the lucky ones."

That kind of luck I don't need! So, if it is the same as me. It took 3 weeks for them to (re-)process after the NOA2 (and letter that lied when stating the app had been sent to the NVC that day). Did all my pestering USCIS and Congressional inquiries help? Dunno. Probably not. Patience young Padawan!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hm, sounds familiar. I got my NOA2 approval but 10 days later the packet had still not made it to the NVC. I called both ends (NVC & CSC) every day, always working my way up to a supervisor level 1 or 2 and I sent countless e-mails. Each side accused the other of slacking off. Then I finally got the same e-mail about QC that you did. Finally, 3 weeks to the day after getting the approval (which stated that the app had been forwarded to the NVC that day) I got another 1-line e-mail from USCIS that it was being sent to the NVC that day! Of course I wrote back immediately inquiring as to ####### was going on in those three lost weeks and got nothing in reply.

I had also contacted one of my Senators during the process and they made inquiries for me. In the end I asked the aide about the QC e-mail and she said, "the USCIS periodically pulls random files to ensure that the Officers are doing their jobs. You may have just been one of the lucky ones."

That kind of luck I don't need! So, if it is the same as me. It took 3 weeks for them to (re-)process after the NOA2 (and letter that lied when stating the app had been sent to the NVC that day). Did all my pestering USCIS and Congressional inquiries help? Dunno. Probably not. Patience young Padawan!

Awww...but the pestering seems to get answers...In fact, I wasn't satisfied today because they lied to me when they said they sent me an email saying they responded to my inquiry. I never got the email.

So I called back so I could get it forwarded to me (I want to send that letter to my congressman) Anyway, I got a different Officer who actually said "here I will access the special area in the system and I can tell exactly where the petition is" She put me on hold (which I was grateful for! LOL!)And when she reappeared she said "OK, they do use the term QC but what that means is they have to make a complete copy and put it in a file before sending it to the NVC." NOW....That made perfect sense to me because I spent two weeks putting it together and I was very thorough. So maybe the moral of the story is... the better job you do on the petition and the more complete your packet is, the longer you are going to wait! Anyway this Officer said it would probably only be another week...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.