Adriana Brazil

When can I send the Choice of agent?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yesterday my husband called NVC and they told him that the DS-3032 and the AOS bill are going to be shipped to him in the end of this week. Can I send the Email with the Choice of Agent today or I have to wait until the end of the week???

11/12/2006 Entered Usa with k-3 visa

EAD

11/29/06 Sent EAD package to Chicago ( sent EAD before AOS)

12/04/06 NOA

12/14/04 Case transferred to California

12/22/06 Biometrics

03/11/07 Touched

04/12/07 - Infopass appointment. They sent an email to the California Service Center asking about my case.

04/12/07- Touched (seems like Infopass really worked)

04/13/07 - Touched

05/01/07 - Another infopass, this time he talked to someone in California who said that is going to approve my case and that I'll have my card in 3 weeks.

05/02/07 - Touched

05/03/07 - Touched

AOS

12/20/06 Sent AOS

12/27/06 NOA

01/12/07 Biometrics

02/30/07 RFE received

03/22/07 RFE sent

03/30/07 Email notification saying that they received RFE and case processing has resumed

04/03/07 Touched

04/04/07 Touched

04/09/07 Touched

Yesterday my husband called NVC and they told him that the DS-3032 and the AOS bill are going to be shipped to him in the end of this week. Can I send the Email with the Choice of Agent today or I have to wait until the end of the week???

No, not yet. The email can be sent only after NVC generates the DS 3032 form. From your timeline, I see that your case number was assigned already. So the next step for NVC is to generate the DS 3032 and AOS fee Bill simultaneously. Check with NVC every day by talking with an operator and find out when your DS 3032 is generated. Only then, email them. The Choice of agent email has to be sent out by the beneficiary (The foreign alien spouse) only. However, the petitioner can be copied the choice of agent email.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Have they actually been generated yet? What does the automated system say? Once they are generated you can them email the 'choice of agent'.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Have they actually been generated yet? What does the automated system say? Once they are generated you can them email the 'choice of agent'.

OK. But after I send the Choice of agent email do I have to send it by mail either?

11/12/2006 Entered Usa with k-3 visa

EAD

11/29/06 Sent EAD package to Chicago ( sent EAD before AOS)

12/04/06 NOA

12/14/04 Case transferred to California

12/22/06 Biometrics

03/11/07 Touched

04/12/07 - Infopass appointment. They sent an email to the California Service Center asking about my case.

04/12/07- Touched (seems like Infopass really worked)

04/13/07 - Touched

05/01/07 - Another infopass, this time he talked to someone in California who said that is going to approve my case and that I'll have my card in 3 weeks.

05/02/07 - Touched

05/03/07 - Touched

AOS

12/20/06 Sent AOS

12/27/06 NOA

01/12/07 Biometrics

02/30/07 RFE received

03/22/07 RFE sent

03/30/07 Email notification saying that they received RFE and case processing has resumed

04/03/07 Touched

04/04/07 Touched

04/09/07 Touched

OK. But after I send the Choice of agent email do I have to send it by mail either?

No, the email suffices. They will generally acknowledge the acceptance of your choice of agent within a couple of days but some have had to wait longer.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

When you are ready to do the choice of agent email, I can send you what my wife emailed them. You can find the sample of email on the James' shortcut section as well. As Aussie said, when you email NVC about the choice of agent, you don't need to mail them the DS 3032 form. Usually, NVC replies the acceptance of choice of agent in about 2-10 days. You can also copy your husband when you correspond with NVC about the choice of agent.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.