dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2017 at 10:45 AM, Rfranca267 said:

Waiver approved!!!!!! No rfe, no interview. 

Filed 11/13/16, bio 12/07/16, approval notice 11/7/17, waiting for card in the mail. Website not yet updated. 

So so happy and relieved. 

Wishing success to everyone still waiting :) 

@Rfranca267, can you share your experience with us/ what you sent to USCIS per filing divorce waiver.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all, 

Thanks @Peep201 for the question. 

I had a lot of evidence when it came to my marriage so I was anxious but honestly, I felt they would approve it. 

I sent: 

- final decree of divorce including my name being changed to my maiden name ( he was the one that filed) 

- 1 1/2 years worth of joint bank statements 

- statements from joint credit card

- proof of apartment payments made by me

- proof of utility payments made by me

- copies of 2 years of jointly tax returns

- copies of joint medical insurance and dental cards

- proof of joint car insurance

- about 8 page personal letter explaining the relationship and detailing verbal abuse and how it was affecting my children

- 3 years worth of joint pictures and facebook posts ( he was a social medial addict and wanted to prove to his "friends" how we were really a couple) 

- pictures of all the broken things I had at home, (he has angry bouts where he would break things), he broke several plates and glasses, game controlers, 2 coffee tables, computer chair, mirror from the bathroom vanity

All this happened after we got married. He was the most perfect guy while we were still dating. After, he became addicted to xbox and pretty much didn't do anything else beside work and play games, all day and all night most days. He became angry because of anything, even small so at that point, so I decided to keep pictures of it and screenshot o f conversations with him calling me names. 

I know this is much more detail than normal but wanted to give a reasoning to sending pictures. 

The only thing I didn't include in the packet, was affidavits from friends or family. I felt as if at the point that I got divorced, things were so bad that everyone including me and especially my children, were just trying to move past it. 

I'm guessing that if people have the financial proof that the marriage was bonafied, then officials wouldn't move to disapprove these cases. In my case, the fact that he's a TSA agent, may have worked in my favor after all. 

Hope this helps. I'm very happy with the outcome and very relieved it's all over. 

God bless everyone and good luck!

Renata

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! i have been scrolling through 2-3 years old threads on how much lonbger a waiver case takes compared to the joint filing and seems like such cases indeed took at least a few months longer AND majority had the interviews. 

Now i read past few pages on this thread ands realized that now when cervices centres are extremely backlogged, a waiver cases takes just as much as a joint and if the amount of evidence was sufficient, then approved without intervew. Is that correct statement ot waived cases takes even longer now? 

7 hours ago, Marloon said:

Hi! i have been scrolling through 2-3 years old threads on how much lonbger a waiver case takes compared to the joint filing and seems like such cases indeed took at least a few months longer AND majority had the interviews. 

Now i read past few pages on this thread ands realized that now when cervices centres are extremely backlogged, a waiver cases takes just as much as a joint and if the amount of evidence was sufficient, then approved without intervew. Is that correct statement ot waived cases takes even longer now? 

It does seem that nowadays the regular joint applications are taking so long that the waiver cases aren't taking much longer (on average). Some may take longer and they may still be statistically more likely to get interviews or RFEs, but here on VJ, we're not seeing it. Seems like they're about even now.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

On ‎07‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 10:46 AM, nightingalejules said:

It does seem that nowadays the regular joint applications are taking so long that the waiver cases aren't taking much longer (on average). Some may take longer and they may still be statistically more likely to get interviews or RFEs, but here on VJ, we're not seeing it. Seems like they're about even now.

It seems like there is so much information on VJ for ones who is looking for it that VJ members tend to prepare their petitions very well. I called 800 number and been told that waver cases most likely send to interview ( however i read here a lot of waivers has been approved without it) and how long you would wait depends on local office busyness. Thats kinda scary as at my local office for example citizenship proceeding time is 11 months. Since Roc is the last in priotity line, im afraid just waiting for interview at local office might take another year...or they somehow fit it in a schedule? Like, having 1 day in a month where they only doing ROC? Probably not even USICS can answer this qestion, yet im still wondering

On 12/14/2017 at 2:02 PM, Marloon said:

It seems like there is so much information on VJ for ones who is looking for it that VJ members tend to prepare their petitions very well. I called 800 number and been told that waver cases most likely send to interview ( however i read here a lot of waivers has been approved without it) and how long you would wait depends on local office busyness. Thats kinda scary as at my local office for example citizenship proceeding time is 11 months. Since Roc is the last in priotity line, im afraid just waiting for interview at local office might take another year...or they somehow fit it in a schedule? Like, having 1 day in a month where they only doing ROC? Probably not even USICS can answer this qestion, yet im still wondering

Generally speaking field office at USCIS does place an interview based on the date of arrivals from NBC regardless of petition types including employment-based I-485, Family Based I-485, and ROC as well. 

So only after NBC sends ROC to field office, do they start to schedule an interview, meaning Transfer to field office most likely means "Interview" 

However, I dont think it is scary to go through the interviews because many times interviews can just clarify basic information. Yes, it is still possible that they are gonna scrutinze you in very uncomfortable way, but as long as everything is bona-fide, then it actually means your status can be accordingly adjusted, which means you dont have to wait in a line for so long. IN fact, RFEs and interviews sometime make application adjusted faster, so nothing to be concerned too much

On 17.12.2017 at 6:02 PM, xillini said:

Generally speaking field office at USCIS does place an interview based on the date of arrivals from NBC regardless of petition types including employment-based I-485, Family Based I-485, and ROC as well. 

So only after NBC sends ROC to field office, do they start to schedule an interview, meaning Transfer to field office most likely means "Interview" 

However, I dont think it is scary to go through the interviews because many times interviews can just clarify basic information. Yes, it is still possible that they are gonna scrutinze you in very uncomfortable way, but as long as everything is bona-fide, then it actually means your status can be accordingly adjusted, which means you dont have to wait in a line for so long. IN fact, RFEs and interviews sometime make application adjusted faster, so nothing to be concerned too much

Thank you!!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Any news anyone? Did anyone file in September in California?

Happy day <3 June 11 Got married, exactly 3 years after we first met (in Rome, Italy)
Day 1: July 24 sent packages
Day 8: July 31 received Noa1
Day 25: August 18 received appointment for biometrics scheduled for August 27th
Day 32: August 26 walk in biometrics succesful
Day 75: October 11 card/document production
Day 78: October 14 received text that my I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS is now ready for interview scheduling.
Day 84: October 20 received text that they mailed my EAD
Day 85: October 21 received EAD
Day 109: November 14 received text with interview date

:dancing: December 16th - interview went well! Approved on the spot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

How long did it take to get a renewal or interview, from the date your case status said: case received at your local office?

Happy day <3 June 11 Got married, exactly 3 years after we first met (in Rome, Italy)
Day 1: July 24 sent packages
Day 8: July 31 received Noa1
Day 25: August 18 received appointment for biometrics scheduled for August 27th
Day 32: August 26 walk in biometrics succesful
Day 75: October 11 card/document production
Day 78: October 14 received text that my I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS is now ready for interview scheduling.
Day 84: October 20 received text that they mailed my EAD
Day 85: October 21 received EAD
Day 109: November 14 received text with interview date

:dancing: December 16th - interview went well! Approved on the spot

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys, I’m a aug 2016 filer, waiver case. 

Had my interview last wed at my local office and was approved on the spot. 

The status online hasn’t changed since, no phone or emails notifications, when I log in to my acc still says : your file has been transferred to another office that has jurisdiction over your case. 

Has anyone else experienced that? 

I remember when I was approved at the interview for my conditional GC, I received the email/text notifications right away.

1 hour ago, dlmbtltk said:

Hi guys, I’m a aug 2016 filer, waiver case. 

Had my interview last wed at my local office and was approved on the spot. 

The status online hasn’t changed since, no phone or emails notifications, when I log in to my acc still says : your file has been transferred to another office that has jurisdiction over your case. 

Has anyone else experienced that? 

I remember when I was approved at the interview for my conditional GC, I received the email/text notifications right away.

Which wavier did you applied?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@dlmbtltk I filed a good faith marriage waiver in November 2016 and I got approved with no interview about 13 months later. The website was updated on the case about 2 weeks after I had the green card delivered in the mail, which was about 3 weeks after the letter came. So just wait for a letter and a card in the mail. Congrats 😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Rfranca267 said:

@dlmbtltk I filed a good faith marriage waiver in November 2016 and I got approved with no interview about 13 months later. The website was updated on the case about 2 weeks after I had the green card delivered in the mail, which was about 3 weeks after the letter came. So just wait for a letter and a card in the mail. Congrats 😊

Good to know that this happened before. Congrats on your approval too!

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.