Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-17

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-05-05

NVC Received :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 49 days from your NOA1 date.

Hello All,

We received our approval notice for the I-129-f Petition on May 5th and it is now June 2nd. Our original filing date was March 17th. So it has really only been just over 3 months since we originally filed. My questions is how long should I wait before writing my congressman for assistance in locating my case files. I have tried contacting the NVC and the US consulate in Manila to find out the whereabouts of my case files and they still have no record of our case. I am not as concerned about the waiting time as I am about where my sensitive case files are at this point. It may seem paranoid but there is ALOT of Identity Theft going on these days and my main stress is coming from the uncertainty of who is in possession of my files. I am grateful for the progress we have made so far so the waiting isn't the issue. Any Advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

The fact that the embassy didn't get it yet seems normal but that NVC didn't get it after a month seems odd.

Did you try to contact CSC to see if they actually forwarded your case to NVC?

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS knows where your file is... if they don't they can find it. If it is not still at CSC then it could only have gone to one of two places, NVC like it should have or to permanent storage by mistake. Call the USCIS and make a service request to locate your file.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The fact that the embassy didn't get it yet seems normal but that NVC didn't get it after a month seems odd.

Did you try to contact CSC to see if they actually forwarded your case to NVC?

I contacted CSC and depending on who is answering at the call center they give a different answer...

Timeline

USCIS knows where your file is... if they don't they can find it. If it is not still at CSC then it could only have gone to one of two places, NVC like it should have or to permanent storage by mistake. Call the USCIS and make a service request to locate your file.

I will call them again today and make a service request. Thank you.

Timeline

I will call them again today and make a service request. Thank you.

I actually verified a previous service request today and unfortunately we have to wait until June 25th to find out what has happened. . .

I have already drafted a letter to my congressman. I guess I will wait until June 25th to send it unless I hear something before then. What a bummer! I worked so hard on that petition and got my hopes up when we got the approval notice on May 5th. It does not seem fair but then again...NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED! HEHE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.