Djwalker60

Last Minute Advice

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

just about there, the long awaited interview date is upon us. I will be departing soon to be with the wife for her CR1 interview. Just wondering if there is any last minute advice for the interview at the US Consulate in Guangzhou. :unsure:

Thanks

Dan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife will be interviewing on June 3rd for a CR1 visa in Guangzhou as well. I will likely get a thorough reporting on the experience and will gladly relay that info to you on this thread. Best of Luck.

Timeline

My wife will be interviewing on June 3rd for a CR1 visa in Guangzhou as well. I will likely get a thorough reporting on the experience and will gladly relay that info to you on this thread. Best of Luck.

Thank you that would be greatly appreciate. I hope all of the consular officers in Guangzhou are in a good mood this month...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck!!

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Good Luck with the interview! I"m heading to Hong Kong for my husband's interview too on Friday...extremely nervous and worried...even more so than my husband...anyway, best wishes and have a good flight!

5de285cd-1.jpg

Timeline

two things:

1. read all of your prior posts and replies to same - there are nuggets there.

2. read all of the china forum, from 1 JAN 2010 forward.

(ok 3 things)

3. read the China Interview reports here.

I think you'll be fine - but when you have time, before you jump, give us yer big list of yer interview day packet, let us review it here, for you?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Good luck on your interview.

You will be fine as long as you are honest and consistent :)

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

two things:

1. read all of your prior posts and replies to same - there are nuggets there.

2. read all of the china forum, from 1 JAN 2010 forward.

(ok 3 things)

3. read the China Interview reports here.

I think you'll be fine - but when you have time, before you jump, give us yer big list of yer interview day packet, let us review it here, for you?

THis is what I have, can you review it for me then? (will bring medical result to interview also of course)

Skype call history for the past 6 months, and also for Nov and Dec. of 2008 (We met in Nov 2008)

Facebook wall-to-wall post since Nov. 2008, selected messages printed out (about 5--both in Chinese and English)

Gmail inbox print screen showing our ongoing communication (not that many though, and I printed about 3 from me to my hubby, and 3 from him to me: some in Chinese and some in English)

At&T bill for Dec 2009, April 2010 (Showing call from hubby and my call to SkypeOut to hubby)

MSN chat log since Nov. 2008

Video MSN chat print screen (with date stamp)(about 10)

1 package receipt for a gift I sent to hubby, and one from hubby to me (also a picture of the package)

Wedding announcement cards, congratulations card from friends and co-workers and families

Wedding album with about 100 pictures

Pictures from the 4 trips I took to visit Hubby since Nov. 2008 (about 20 pictures from each trip)

Hotel receipts and boarding passes from each trip

My old passport showing stamps for visiting Hong Kong

Cards from hubby to me, pictures of valentine's flowers received from hubby

Joint bank account deposit slip and statements

Picture of credit cards that I added his name to my account (picture shows his card and my card), also statement showing we both use the account

Tax transcript for year 2007, 2008, and our joint tax return of 2009 (also letter of his ITIN number)

Updated I-864EZ with information from 2009

Most recent paystubs from the last 3 months

Copy of completed and sent I-130 submission, I-864EZ packet, and IV packet

Certified copy and original marriage certificate

Copy of his passport biographic page (will bring original at interview day)

Copy of his HK ID card (will bring original at interview day)

3 passport size photos

Copy and Original birth certificate

My(USC) original birth certificate from Hong Kong, my old BNO passport showing the stamp I got when I first immigrated to the USA, my naturalization certificate

Receipt showing we requested police certificate from Hong Kong in Nov. 2008 (It is sent to the embassy directly)

Anything else I miss? Thank you!!

5de285cd-1.jpg

Timeline

While we are at this, I'll add my final check list to this thread.. I hope I write down everything I have brought with: Oh, I have all of these documents broken out into separate folders with tabs for the wife to find easily and quickly in the interview. For example, one folder is just for Financial Documents, then another with my documents, another with her documents, etc..

• Original I-864 for the wife
  • 3 years tax returns, 2007, 2008 & 2009
  • 3 years of tax transcripts 2007, 2008 & 2009
  • Employer letter dated 25 May 2010
  • 3 years W2 statements
  • 1.5 years of paystubs
  • 401K Statments
  • Original Birth Certificate for Wife
  • Translation for Wife's Birth Certificate
  • Our Original Marriage Certificate
  • Copies of Marriage Certificate - Notarized
  • Translation of Marriage Certificate
  • Police Reports - Originals
  • Police Report Translations
  • 4 passport style photos
  • Copies of Passport Biographic page for wife
  • Copy of My Birth Certificate - Why? Just thought I'd throw it in.. Just In Case
  • Notarized Copy of my Divorce Decree - just in case
  • copy of my passport with all pages - notarized... just in case
  • Document about ex-wife -- just in case they ask for it.
  • The original Deed to the house showing wife on the deed
  • Insurance documents with wife as beneficiary (two polices)
  • Name on Utility Bills
  • Copies of Chat Records
  • Copies of emails,,, had to slim this down.. had about 1,500 Pages
  • Copies of all phone bills, we have about 7,500 minutes of talk time since last December
  • Document Showing all Video Skype Sessions - about 150 hours since January
  • Photographs from Wedding - Scaled back to 150
  • Photographs from all trips.. Scaled Back again
  • DVD of Wedding Video, just in case the VO wants somethig to watch
  • New EOR - Hand Written and will get notarized at the US Consulate
  • All receipts from all trips
  • All boarding passes from all trips
  • All of the wife's "White Book Documents"
  • Yellow book for Vaccinations
  • Medical exam results in sealed envelope
  • X-Rays From Medical
  • DS-230 Oringial Part 1 and Part 2
  • P3 Supplment Form
  • Interview Date Letter
  • Copy of Ultrasound from Hospital with translation - wife is with our first baby now :D
  • Wife's old passport
  • All cards and letters that I sent to her via Snail Mail
  • Immigrant visa Fee Paid Receipt
  • Immgrant Visa Cover Document from NVC
  • AOS Fee Paid Receipt
  • AOS Cover Document from NVC
  • Additonal Copies of all forms Just in case she needs them.
  • Kitchen Sink

I am probably missing something on my list that either I put in, or I have failed to put in. Any thoughts? We'll next week I depart for a wonderful flight From Seattle to Taipei to Guangzhou. Difficult to find a flight to Beijing to Guangzhou this time of year, why? No idea ??? I do plan on going to the ACH, Why? We'll just to let them see my shining Smile :D and to reaffrim the fact that I am here supporting my wife for the interview.

Any further thoughts, or ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.

Dan

Timeline

@Djwalker60 I posted a rambling report on my wife's successful interview at the Guangzhou consulate in the consular review section. Looking at your list of materal, it seems very similar to mine (minus the baby related stuff, but that is certainly a plus) and I don't think you will have any problems at all. Feel free to follow up with any further questions you may have for me. Best of Luck ~ongushluk bolsun

Timeline

FYI - DVD is classified as 'electronic media' and is not allowed to be hand carried into the IV unit.

Yellow book is her 'personal set' and is not required. DO NOT bring it - it can confuse the document screener, he'll take it, it'll get put INTO the casefile, never to be seen again.

The main reason for keeping the yellow book, outside of the medical exam results folio, is so SHE can use it IN the USA, in case she needs to show prior immunizations to a Civil Surgeon. Yellow Book for Child is useful when enrolling in school, as well. DO NOT HAND THESE OVER.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

THis is what I have, can you review it for me then? (will bring medical result to interview also of course)

Anything else I miss? Thank you!!

I did not see an 'evolution of relationship' letter (EOR) in yer list. I know, I know, it's HKG, but I'm so frickin gunshy about the EOR in GUZ. I usually tell ppl to write one - covering 'communication ability' , major timeticks in the relationship. Since yer both honkees, I think NOT having an EOR won't hurt you.

Timeline

After reading the latest Review on Guangzhou, it is really hard to determine who is really getting the blue and white slips. Are they K1 or CR1 or Work Visa's, student visa's etc... Hard to tell. But as it was pointed out in the review, Thanks toshkan, if we have all of our documents, all will be good. I do plan on going to the ACH the day before to ensure that they know of my presence and even maybe to elaborate about my wife’s pregnancy with our first child…. Good or bad idea? Question for Toshkan: How much of the photos, emails, phone bills, chat sessions etc.. did the consular officer really look at?

I’ll be leaving next week for Guangzhou.. I’m confident but yet still nervous :wacko: because of the stories coming out of this Consulate.

Ok, I’ll remove the DVD from the packet of evidence.. And I’ll be sure that the wife keeps the yellow books safe. Maybe she will bring and not show to anyone unless asked for.

Thanks Again :hehe:

Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.