superspur

Is there a way to contact the Montreal consulate?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed my I-130 at the Vancouver consulate last November, which was approved the same day. I received the request for DS-230 from Montreal at Christmas time, which I returned with the checlist in February having collected all the forms.

I haven't heard anything since then from Montreal, or the NVC/Dept of State. I have tried emailing but have not received replies. I also can't track my case on the NVC website.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Timeline

The only way to contact the Montreal consulate is via email - and they may or may not answer anyway.

You should call the Department of State at 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 - they should be able to tell you where your file is up to.

Timeline

The only way to contact the Montreal consulate is via email - and they may or may not answer anyway.

You should call the Department of State at 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 - they should be able to tell you where your file is up to.

Thanks, I will give them a try on Tuesday. I haven't had confirmation that my file has been transferred to Montreal. I'm not even sure how they are invloved - when I filed the I-130 they said I would only hear from Montreal. I'm just concerned as looking at the tracking table of other cases it looks like mine is delayed..

Timeline

I took me about 2 weeks before I got an email answer back from Montreal. Besure you include all your information so they can find your file.

I included my name and case #. I emailed 3 weeks ago but no response so far.

Timeline

Yes, in theory, as you filed at a consulate in Canada, your file should have been sent directly to Montreal. DOS should have all the information on your file though anyway.

You are right to be a bit concerned. Right now it is taking around 3 months from completion of paperwork to interview date, at the Montreal consulate.

So in theory your interview should be right about - now.

I would be concerned that they either did not receive your information (checklist) or you have somehow missed getting interview date information from them.

You should really contact them as soon as possible, don't want to miss out on your scheduled date. Of course on the flipside they are notoriously slow and you may just, still, be waiting in line.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Got through to the NVC and was told that the case number I have is not an NVC case number and that I should Montreal consulate directly.

Still waiting for an email response from Montreal (3+ weeks now).

Timeline

Did you call NVC at 603-334-0700 - or the DOS at the number above?

I haven't thought about the case number (or lack thereof).

Timeline

Did you call NVC at 603-334-0700 - or the DOS at the number above?

I haven't thought about the case number (or lack thereof).

Both, with same response.

As far as I can tell the NVC aren't touching DCF filings at all. I was never asked to send any documents to the NVC, only to Montreal.

Still no email response from Montreal, and the only phone service they provide is a bunch of pre-recorded messages. The message does say that the current wait is 5-7 months, more than what they stated in the letter I received in December, so this could explain the delay.

I'm going to give it another week, then email Montreal again (they specifically ask you not to sumbmit multiple enquires, but if they don't answer in the time frame they themselves provide, what do they expect?).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

DOS said they couldn't track it?

How weird, DOS tracks all I-130's, regardless of filing method.

Suggest you try again.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.