scooby_doo

I'm new :) Have a lot of (simple) questions..

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

SaChinKy )(@*#$ rude? Oh my - that was totaly uncalled for.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Why? You have absolutely no reason to tell me to do that. I was raised in the US and would like to move back, not just some random country I know absolutely nothing about.

University in Australia and New Zealand is much easier to get into , than a USA University. Level of live-ability, as a student, much higher also. Universities are interested in their students succeeding there.

If you go to New Zealand, after 2 years, you can apply for, and get, a residence permit. One year after that, you can apply for a New Zealand passport, then can go anywhere you want. If you hang on long enough, you'll have a bachelors degree .. and then... You should apply for a masters program in USA, play the F1 OPT game, get H1-B, then pray you can hang on for permanent residency. Then apply for USC after 5 years.

And that's about it.

Oh, you could do something with the Mormon Church, get a 2 year 'religious visa', but you'd have to convert, then beg 'for study' in Utah. The path is there, but I don't suggest you make that attempt - it's not for everyone.

There are also special 'page intern' programs - check with your country, see if there is one, then apply. AFTER the first year in your country, you can apply for the 'exchange program', work as a page intern with the US House or Senate. But these are extremely hard to get into, is not a paid position, and yer family has to have pull in yer home country. There's about 20 to 30 slots, each year. You could also apply to be a page intern at the UN in New York, after one year in your home country - they cycle apprx 350 to 400 pages per year.

In the meantime, remember this is a public forum, focused on immigration (usually spouse, fiance, or family) and the next time you think to label SaChinKy as @#$@# rude, in an upper forum - you would have crossed the line FOR THE 2nd TIME. That first time was a violation of the TOS here, did you know ? You owe her an apology, young man - bow in the dust kinda thing.

Slan !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll re-iterate what others have already mentioned. Your parents were never permenant residents and therefore never were able to become citizens which is needed for you to become a US citizen. Your time as a child living here doesn't mean anything to USCIS and even though you lived here for sometime, you are still treated as anyone else that tries to immigrate to the US.

To come here you need some sort of student visa (J1 I believe) or if you have a job offer then you can try like your parents did and apply for a H1b (or maybe some other visas).

I grew up myself in Australia as a kid because my dad was working there. Unfortunatly that means nothing for me now if I had ever wanted to move there again and would have to apply for the proper work status like anyone in the world that wants to live and work there. I'm get no special priviliages because I lived there at all. Same goes for your situation in the US...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry for the double. It seems from your original post that you already knew that your time in the US wouldn't make it any easier to come to attend school.

People don't get deported when they finish school on a J visa, the J visa will expire and then you just have to leave the country. Deportation means when you are physically removed from the country (and leads to further issues down the road).

As for jobs that might be better, I'd suggest looking at the different types of visa's out there, like the H1 and so on. See what types of jobs they may cover. The main thing is you'll have to do very well in school and then just hopefully make networks in school in hopes you can get picked up right away other wise you will most likely have to leave the US and then hopefully get accepted and the proper visa and move back since after your J visa is down, I'm pretty sure you have to leave the US.

People have done this though and been successful, so I'd definatly research the types of jobs that various visa's qualify for and maybe one of those will interest you. And yes schooling in the US for out of state/country is very expensive, so another option is to find a cheaper school somewhere else and then after graduating try and look for US jobs and then you could try a visa.

Have you looked at the Green Card Lottery? You might want to check that out as well. Many countries qualify for that (if it still exists). I knew 2 people that came from Ireland by winning that lottery and have been here ever since. So that's another option if they still do it and that way it would definatly be the easiest for you...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.