4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. This is the first time i am writing here, but I visit this site everyday and I have to say that I have received a lot of good advice from you during this process, including filling out forms.

Just to let you know, if you are going to have your interwiew in Oklahoma City, be prepared. To start with, the interview lasted 45 minutes. The IO was a nice guy, very intelligent, clever and deft at extracting information from us. He was a very observant person. He gained our confidence and made us feel confortable and, in turn, we readily shared information with him. And in the end he got the extra information he wanted. He told us we will receive "something" in the mail, and not to worry about it, but he didn't want to say "yes" or "no". It was not a bad experience, but not something we want to go through everyday.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you all for everything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good luck!

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports" as the prior forum is for questions and this one is for updates/progress**

Hello everyone. This is the first time i am writing here, but I visit this site everyday and I have to say that I have received a lot of good advice from you during this process, including filling out forms.

Just to let you know, if you are going to have your interwiew in Oklahoma City, be prepared. To start with, the interview lasted 45 minutes. The IO was a nice guy, very intelligent, clever and deft at extracting information from us. He was a very observant person. He gained our confidence and made us feel confortable and, in turn, we readily shared information with him. And in the end he got the extra information he wanted. He told us we will receive "something" in the mail, and not to worry about it, but he didn't want to say "yes" or "no". It was not a bad experience, but not something we want to go through everyday.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you all for everything.

Thanks for the info but could you please share some of the questions asked and the evidence you went with. Did IO take your I-94.... My interview is on 3rd June 8am at Oklahoma City. Thank you and all the best of luck.

Jan. 23, 2008- Entered As F-1 Student
Feb. 24, 2010 - Our Wedding!
March 11, 2010 - AOS, EAD, I-130 package sent
March 12, 2010 - Package received 9:26am (Day 1)
March 19, 2010- Text and Email Notification of receipts 12:28pm (Day 7)
March 29, 2010- Biometrics letter received for April 12, 2010 (Day 17)
March 29, 2010- Biometrics done. Walk in-Oklahoma City (Day 17)
April 03, 2010- Received RFE (I-485) (Day 22)
April 06, 2010- USCIS Received response to REF. LUDs (I-485) 4/6/10 and 4/7/10 (day 25)
April 30, 2010- Interview notice received dated 04/27/2010. Appointment date 06/03/2010 (Day 49)
May 06, 2010-- EAD Card production ordered (received text & email) (Day 55)
May 13, 2010-- Second email and text msg for EAD approval and Touched on I-765
May 17, 2010-- AOS and I-130 Touched.
May 24, 2010--Third email and text msg for EAD approval and EAD mailed.
May 27, 2010--EAD card received.
June 03, 2010-- AOS Interview
June 28, 2010---1st Card Production Ordered
July 01, 2010---2nd Card Production Ordered
July 02, 2010---Welcome to USA letter and I-130 Approval Notice Received
July 12, 2010---Green Card Received
Removing of conditions
May 30, 2012--- ROC Package sent
May 31, 2012--- Package received 12:49PM
June 06,2012---- Check cashed
July 11, 2012--- Biometric done
February 27, 2013---Approved. Card Production Ordered.
March 04, 2013---Green Card Received

Naturalization

April 09, 2015---Application Package sent

April 13, 2015---Package received 08:30AM

April 17, 2015---Text and Email Notification of receipts 10:26pm

April 20, 2015---Check cashed

April 23, 2015---NOA received

May 02, 2015- Biometrics letter received for May 13, 2015

July 16, 2015-- N-400 Initial interview date but rescheduled.

Sept.16, 2015- N-400 Interview- passed but requested spouse divorce decree

Sept. 27, 2015- Divorce decree document hand delivered.

Oct 06, 2015 ---N-400 Approved.

Nov 10, 2015-- Oath Ceremony

Thanks for the info but could you please share some of the questions asked and the evidence you went with. Did IO take your I-94.... My interview is on 3rd June 8am at Oklahoma City. Thank you and all the best of luck.

Hello Icepeck. Well, the questions are the typical they ask, like: Where did we meet?, How was our wedding?, Who attended to it? The important thing is that you have to stay calmed, because this guy was a very observant person. And the strange thing is that most of the questions were for my USC wife. He asked her for the original marriage license, pictures of the wedding, and joint insurances (car and health) and accounts. He understood that an account can not be opened without a SSN. The best advice is just to answer what he asks, let the IO make the jokes, just laugh. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.