LMFAO

Military spouses whos scheduled to have aos interview.

19 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! My husband is a member of the Airforce, he is stationed in Italy but as of the moment he is deployed in Afghanistan. I am a filipino citizen, and I'm in the US now living with my in laws. I am scheduled to have my AOS interview on June 24. I was wondering if I could have it expedited or a waiver, since my husband can't attend the interview. Or should I just attend the interview alone? Please reply! I'm really confused as to what to do. Thank you!

Edited by kristine_bell

~*Moved from "IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports" to "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas"*~

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Hi.did u or ur husband try to call the uscis military helplines to expedite ur case??not sure about waiver but since u have ur interview letter I suggest that just go on ur Interview and bring all the evidence of ur bonafide relationship,pictures and whatever document u have to prove ur relationship...and dnt forget the copy of ur husband deployment orders...bring ur goverment ID too if u have 1...BC of ur husband and ur child if u have 1(dnt forget to bring photocopy),insurance,bank account in both names,whatever proft u have just bring it..goodluck on ur interview(";

Hi everyone! My husband is a member of the Airforce, he is stationed in Italy but as of the moment he is deployed in Afghanistan. I am a filipino citizen, and I'm in the US now living with my in laws. I am scheduled to have my AOS interview on June 24. I was wondering if I could have it expedited or a waiver, since my husband can't attend the interview. Or should I just attend the interview alone? Please reply! I'm really confused as to what to do. Thank you!

Hi.did u or ur husband try to call the uscis military helplines to expedite ur case??not sure about waiver but since u have ur interview letter I suggest that just go on ur Interview and bring all the evidence of ur bonafide relationship,pictures and whatever document u have to prove ur relationship...and dnt forget the copy of ur husband deployment orders...bring ur goverment ID too if u have 1...BC of ur husband and ur child if u have 1(dnt forget to bring photocopy),insurance,bank account in both names,whatever proft u have just bring it..goodluck on ur interview(";

Hello! thanks for replying. expedite means to speed up my processing right? well the interview will be on the 24th. you think i should have it moved to an earlier date or what? actually, i sent everything alone with my application forms. pictures, copy of bank accounts.. EVERYTHING lol i was expecting to not have the interview as i sent all the possible documents to prove my marriage. But um i have my husband's new orders. I can go to the interview i have no worries, just wondering maybe i can speed it up or something. But thanks again for replying :)

well thats what it :whistle::wacko: u want to expedite ur case they can only do is to move ur interview on the earlier date or later...unfortunately they sent u an Interview appointment so It means U r not one of those Lucky person who didnt need to go at the Interview...and If U have the recent orders of ur husband and all the evidence of ur bonafide relationship and if ur marriage is legit well, there is nothing to worry about right??Im pretty sure they will understand that ur husband cannot come with U because he is deployed....AOS Interview is the easiest base on my experience....I know U can make It. just be honest and NEVER Lie...goodluck

Hello! thanks for replying. expedite means to speed up my processing right? well the interview will be on the 24th. you think i should have it moved to an earlier date or what? actually, i sent everything alone with my application forms. pictures, copy of bank accounts.. EVERYTHING lol i was expecting to not have the interview as i sent all the possible documents to prove my marriage. But um i have my husband's new orders. I can go to the interview i have no worries, just wondering maybe i can speed it up or something. But thanks again for replying :)

Edited by sayitonce

Well honestly, who doesnt wana expedite their case to speed up the whole process? aos processing is one of the most stressful things that can ever happen to someone. Plus yeah, i was just asking about expediting coz some military spouses have done it and they got approved. Since i'm a military spouse, why not make use of the advantage right? Also, I have no worries about what the immigration would ask me, just maybe expedite and move interview to an earlier date. I just want to get this done with, so I can tell my husband whos in afghanistan, fighting a war, that he can look forward to going home soon coz i'll be able to be with him. But oh well i'm prepared as to everything I need to show to prove my marriage. Thanks for replying!

Here is some contact information. Your husband might need to be the one to get into contact with them...Sorry I can't be more helpful, I don't know a lot about the different exceptions for military.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=731ad4d176d1e110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Q. I am scheduled for an appointment at a USCIS office in the United States, but I am now at an overseas duty station. What do I do?

A. If you have an appointment, an interview or are scheduled for an oath ceremony, and you have transferred overseas, contact USCIS and request we transfer your case to the nearest USCIS overseas office. Either you or your military installation’s liaison to USCIS can do this by e-mail: militaryinfo.nsc@dhs.gov, or telephone: 1-877-247-4645.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I highly suggest getting a copy of his orders that show he's deployed to Afghanistan.

I am not sure, but somewhere there is interview questions on VISAJOURNEY they might ask (search: interview questions)! I know all this is stressful, just keep positive, pray lots. My fiancee' is a great Filipina in Singapore right now. We wish too..everything could be done over night and get on with are lifes. Sadly it's a huge waiting process and thank GOD for VISAJOURNYS site, which helped lots for are K1 process. Each day...I always try being positive about everything. I think anyone in the USA military gets royal treatment and would not worry. Also, i thought each interview is handled by each person and does not require the other person. That is my 2 cents! I am a super NEWBIE.... and don't know much..."Newbie". hehe :innocent:

post-84751-12749905063469_thumb.jpg

kRISTINE try to call the military help line or tell ur husband to call them and explain that he cant go with U cuz hes Deployed and maybe they will tell to ur husband to send his copy of Deployment Orders, who knows maybe it help(";believe me kristine AOS is the easy one =) U prolly just stressing ur self thingking negative stuff...I am a military spouse also..I was thingking maybe they wanna know something or they need more evidence thats why they sent u interview letter.I think most of the VJers who applied AOS didnt get to have Interview...U can make it(";have faith!Goodluck

Well honestly, who doesnt wana expedite their case to speed up the whole process? aos processing is one of the most stressful things that can ever happen to someone. Plus yeah, i was just asking about expediting coz some military spouses have done it and they got approved. Since i'm a military spouse, why not make use of the advantage right? Also, I have no worries about what the immigration would ask me, just maybe expedite and move interview to an earlier date. I just want to get this done with, so I can tell my husband whos in afghanistan, fighting a war, that he can look forward to going home soon coz i'll be able to be with him. But oh well i'm prepared as to everything I need to show to prove my marriage. Thanks for replying!

kRISTINE try to call the military help line or tell ur husband to call them and explain that he cant go with U cuz hes Deployed and maybe they will tell to ur husband to send his copy of Deployment Orders, who knows maybe it help(";believe me kristine AOS is the easy one =) U prolly just stressing ur self thingking negative stuff...I am a military spouse also..I was thingking maybe they wanna know something or they need more evidence thats why they sent u interview letter.I think most of the VJers who applied AOS didnt get to have Interview...U can make it(";have faith!Goodluck

Thanks sayitonce! i went to USCIS, and asked about it. The immigration officer just told me to bring my husband's orders. hm Wondering what the immigration would ask me aha coz they cant contact my hubby to question him. Oh well i wana get done with this really soooon so i can work on my visa going to Italy, coz my command sponsorship is approved so when hubby gets back from afghanistan we'll be together! thanks again sayitonce. You wana keep in touch? youre fil too ah? sweet filipinos help each other :)

Here's a link of someone who had done this before....

Other People's experience

Thank you, AOS moving. ive read that thread before. Only a few people have undergone interview while hubby is deployed. i really wana talk to those people who have experienced it

I am not sure, but somewhere there is interview questions on VISAJOURNEY they might ask (search: interview questions)! I know all this is stressful, just keep positive, pray lots. My fiancee' is a great Filipina in Singapore right now. We wish too..everything could be done over night and get on with are lifes. Sadly it's a huge waiting process and thank GOD for VISAJOURNYS site, which helped lots for are K1 process. Each day...I always try being positive about everything. I think anyone in the USA military gets royal treatment and would not worry. Also, i thought each interview is handled by each person and does not require the other person. That is my 2 cents! I am a super NEWBIE.... and don't know much..."Newbie". hehe :innocent:

post-84751-12749905063469_thumb.jpg

Hah thats okay. i mean i'm learning this way! you will too :) its really stressful plus the fact that hubby is in afghanistan, a dangerous place and that we're not together.. sad that i have to go through immigration interview alone

I highly suggest getting a copy of his orders that show he's deployed to Afghanistan.

I have his orders that he is stationed in Italy, and his new orders that he is deployed in afghanistan. i am prepared for all the documents they might look for. Just wondering that they're going to ask me. i mean only way to prove my marriage without my husband there, is through documents.

Here is some contact information. Your husband might need to be the one to get into contact with them...Sorry I can't be more helpful, I don't know a lot about the different exceptions for military.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=731ad4d176d1e110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hello Nik+heather! theres this site too actually a USCIS site that said if the military sponsor is deployed, the beneficiary can go alone to the interview just make sure bring military id and husband's deployment orders. but thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.