StephyD

AOS interview while Husband is deployed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I just got my AOS interview letter today. The date for the interview is October 7th, and my husband, the petitioner is required to be there. The problem is that he is currently deployed in Afghanistan and is not scheduled to return until January 2010 at the latest.

I am going to call the USCIS on Monday to see what they say, but was wondering if any here has dealt with this issue?

I have his hard copy orders that state he is gone.

What do you think?

Steph

Here is a link to the Military Spouse thread that will be helpful to you: Click here

According to the many other topics on deployed husbands your husband's orders is what you need at the interview.

Here is another very informative topic on naturalizion when married to a deployed spouse: Click here

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You need to bring your husband's orders to the interview and that's it. :) You can go by yourself. Bring a friend or family member. That's what I did. ;) My husband was in boot camp when I had my AOS interview. Good luck!

K-1

07-12-2004 NOA1

12-13-2004 Approved

AOS

05-25-2005 NOA1

09-20-2005 Approved

I-751

07-25-2007 NOA1

12-02-2009 Approved

N-400

05-11-2010 NOA

07-29-2010 Interview + Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Everyone!

I just got my AOS interview letter today. The date for the interview is October 7th, and my husband, the petitioner is required to be there. The problem is that he is currently deployed in Afghanistan and is not scheduled to return until January 2010 at the latest.

I am going to call the USCIS on Monday to see what they say, but was wondering if any here has dealt with this issue?

What do you think?

Steph

I had my interview today and got approved. I had called the USCIS as soon as I got the interview letter to tell them my husband is deployed and can't be at the interview. They sent a 'service request' to reschedule my interview to my local office. I got a letter from USCIS telling me that the local office will handle the situation. I went to the interview with my husbands duty orders, and they were totally ok with that. I do recommend a person in my situation to call USCIS ahead of time so that the local office will know what's going on. The interview took about 10 minutes, and all went well.

So if anyone is in the situation i was in, then that's what happened to me. Good luck! :)

Hi Everyone!

What do you think?

Steph

I had my interview today and got approved. I had called the USCIS as soon as I got the interview letter to tell them my husband is deployed and can't be at the interview. They sent a 'service request' to reschedule my interview to my local office. I got a letter from USCIS telling me that the local office will handle the situation. I went to the interview with my husbands duty orders, and they were totally ok with that. I do recommend a person in my situation to call USCIS ahead of time so that the local office will know what's going on. The interview took about 10 minutes, and all went well.

So if anyone is in the situation i was in, then that's what happened to me. Good luck! :)

Congratulations!! :thumbs::dancing:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Came here in February on a B1/B2 Visa, sparks few between and old fling, he proposed and we got married in 07/14/10 in VA. We filed I-130 and I 145 package for both myself and my daughter which is his step daughter. Got Biometrics done last week and waiting for reply. My husband is in the Navy and deployed until next year March hopefully it wont go longer than the time first stipulated. I am nervous about the interview however i haven't recieved a letter yet for the interview. since my husband is deployed what should i expect. His base is in VA and we live in Kansas, got married in VA and returned to kansas since my daughter is here at school. After deployment we are planning to move to Cali and start our little family of love and beautiful moments. He came to visit for a week before being deployed in August, they are asking for docunments of joint account, he tried to add me to his Navy Federal account but since i don't have a SSN they denied me access until i have one. We dont have any rent or bills together as yet since i live in the basement of my mom's house, very modern one. I am on his insurance and signed under his DEEDS, have a military ID, his deployment slip. What should i expect at the interview someone help.

Thanks

Edited by Navyangel

Has he made you his next of kin for the military for both emergency contact and life insurance? If so, bring proof of that. Also bring proof of the contact that the two of you have with each other whilst he is deployed.

The interview should go fine, just go in there confident and excited to talk about your husband :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got my interview letter for myself and daughter dated for Jan 12/2011, since my husband is deployed i called USCIS and explained the situation, they said they had to reschedule with the local office and gave me a confirmation #, I recieved an email today that my work permit card is being produced, so i'm excited. I have document for being his beneficary on his insurance and on his Deers also has his deployment paper. I have thousands of emails and text messages, gift reciepts for myself and daughter, if i get SSN before the interview then he can add me to his bank account, i also have reciepts of bank withdrawals from the ATM machine. I am so excited and he is in smiles, i miss him so much, He dosn't return until May 2011, what a long wait, I am so grateful for internet, thank you the person who invented that yeah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.