Bill&Jade

Please help - very confused.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dear All,

My fiance and I are looking for some desperate advice...

04/07/10 - I129-F submitted

04/14/10 - NOA1 received

05/06/10 - Invoice received

05/06/10 - Payment resent

05/13/10 - Correct fee payment received by USCIS

05/15/10 - Letter received confirming received payment - case now pending - Alien registration received too.

05/25/10 - Latest case status email received - with first paragraph of online update included.

Since we received the confirmation of payment the status has been on "Acceptance", now we are on the last circle "Document production or Oath Ceremony"

This is what is says on the online case status updates:

Document production or Oath Ceremony

On May 25, 2010, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. We will hold it for 180 days from May 25, 2010 to allow you time to contact us. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application or application for replacement with fee.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a green card) or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, refugee travel documents or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your decision. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our Web site to determine if this applies to your local office.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

So my fiance called the 800 number today and asked what all this meant. The representative said that they did not know what document had been sent back and they had no way of knowing, and that they would just send an email asking that they re-send this document. My fiance then called again, as this really didn't seem right but again was told the same thing but if he did not receive this document within 45 days to call back. All we want to know is what he should be expecting. Surely not the whole package that he sent??

Call back for what?? Why tell us to call the number but the people on the other end don't know why you are calling. We are so confused and worried about what is going on. My fiance has since submitting the application changed his address but he called USCIS and they updated it. He has since received mail to his new address.

Sorry for the length of this post but I wanted to make sure everything was written, we want as much advice as possible. We just don't understand what's happening?????

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks.

Edited by Bill&Jade

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

call back.. it appears there may have been some error in system info input...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

On May 25, 2010, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. We will hold it for 180 days from May 25, 2010 to allow you time to contact us. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application or application for replacement with fee.

Above is the only part of the update with any meaning for you and tells you exactly what to do. Call them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance did call them, twice. They didn't know anything, what the document was or why he had to call. They just said that they would send an email to the centre telling them to resend the document. We would have just liked to know what was coming in the post.

I guess it could have been an information error. I think we'll give another call, maybe we'll get someone who will try to helpa little more.

Thanks.

Well, that online update thing is annoying and confusing. Unfortunately, I think part of the problem is that they don't get to pick what they put on there, and have a finite list of choices for the update, and can't tailor it to every situation.

Did they actually cash the check for that payment invoice you received (this is strange, usually they send back the whole thing if the payment is wrong somehow)? Can your fiance see the canceled check? Does it appear to have markings which make sense? (right name of payee on the back, case number which is similar - not always exact)

Try to get the next call elevated to a supervisor. If the call does not end satisfactorily, then I would try to schedule an infopass. The petitioner can do that here: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

I hope things get sorted out for you soon, and this is the only bump in your immigration road!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.