Nibake

Affidavit of Support in Lima

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

I am in the middle of the process of filing for a K1 Visa, and I don't know what to do for the I-134 when it comes time for the interview. I had planned on having an immediate relative cosponor my fiancée. I am pretty anxious now, having heard some people say that cosponsors affidavits of support may not be accepted. Does anyone know about Lima?? Also, as far as tax returns go, I simply don't have them. What do I do?

Edited by Nibake

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline

I can't answer anything specific to Lima but can tell you that assuming you filed, the IRS can mail or fax copies of your tax transcripts to you. Make sure you ask for the one that has W2 information on it.

Here is a link to the procedure.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/234130-fastest-way-to-get-tax-transcript/

Good luck!

Timeline -
01-20-10 filed I-129 F
05-25-10 Interview - APPROVED
06-18-10 POE - ATL

08-07-10 Married!
08-09-10 AOS/EAD mailed
08-11-10 AOS/EAD received
08-19-10 NOA1 for AOS & EAD
09-14-10 AOS Transfered to CSC
09-24-10 Contacted USCIS to request Biometrics Appt.
10-18-10 Biometrics appointment
10-21-10 EAD card in production
10-21-10 AOS approved!
10-30-10 Green card received

08-09-12 filed I-751
09-07-12 Biometrics appointment

04-01-13 ROC approved

05-25-13 Green card received

Timeline

To explain my situation a little more in depth:

I moved out of the country in Jan of 2008. My efile didn't go through so I didn't ever get a return. (It wouldn't have resulted in paying anything or getting a refund anyway.) The next year I made no income and you can't efile with 0 income, neither can you efile if you don't have a gross income figure from the past year. So it's not just that I don't have tax returns for these years, I don't think can get a transcript of something that wasn't filed. If I would have known I suppose I could have brought forms with me to Peru or printed them off and mailed them in with a 0 on them, but I thought it was irrelevant. I guess I was wrong, hindsight is 20/20. Now I don't know what to do. :blush:

Timeline

Maybe others have better advice, but you may want to contact an accountant or the IRS to see about filing back returns. As I understand it, even if your income (taxable or not) is 0, you are still required to file. I could be wrong so please check with someone who specialized in taxes. You don't want this to come around and bite you years down the road.

Good luck.

Timeline -
01-20-10 filed I-129 F
06-18-10 POE - ATL

08-07-10 Married!
08-09-10 AOS/EAD mailed
10-21-10 AOS approved!

08-09-12 filed I-751

04-01-13 ROC approved

Timeline

It wouldn't affect your application but it would effect your potential status with the IRS at a future date in life. yes.gif

Timeline -
01-20-10 filed I-129 F
06-18-10 POE - ATL

08-07-10 Married!
08-09-10 AOS/EAD mailed
10-21-10 AOS approved!

08-09-12 filed I-751

04-01-13 ROC approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you had no income, you were not required to file taxes. My USC husband didn't find a job while with me in Ireland, hence no income and no need to file with the IRS. Just write a short,one paragraph letter explaining that.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If I can ask, did he end up using a cosponsor?

No, we filed with assets (bought a house in the US, which helped with the domicile question too, and transfered our savings from a joint account in Ireland to his account in the USA).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.