Peter Miami

Tracking Instructions for DHL

72 posts in this topic

How do you get the reference number?

I called NVC yesterday and they said it would go out COB yesterday, 5/30.

I don't have an email or a hardcopy confirmation.

Thanks, Larry

There is no actual reference number. All you can do with tracking is put one of the references in which brings up a list of all packages sent to various embassies. All you can do is take a guess on which one is yours. If you know the day it actually got sent out it gives you some idea but not an exact. NVC said mine was mailed on the 11th yet it wasnt really until the 14th. I knew that only because very few actually get sent to australia and the one on the 14th was the first one listed to australia. It was confirmed to me later once I got my package by the dates on it.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks, Larry

What ref # the MOS #? Call and ask NVC for the MOS on your case.

Once it reaches Moscow check the Embassy site in Moscow and look for interview sched. dates.

I found out this morning thru a email that our case had arrived and a date set for the interview is set on Aug. 1st!

This, after calling three time; yesterday and monday and last friday to the Moscow embassy ( at 3 am my time eastern stnd time) using a credit card no less and getting charged up to $7.50 (plus a .08 cent currency conversion fee!) a call and the very nice lady said each time that 'they had not got our case in yet and call back in about a month'.!?! LOL. D'OH!!! Dont take that line...keep calling and send out emails to the consulate @

consulmo@state.gov

and request an email letting you know when your case has arrived and also when the interview will be etc. keep sending it until they reply.

1 888 222 5673 have your credit card ready :D

I really love Russia and Russians...you just have to stick with 'em and ride it out. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks, Larry

There is no actual reference number. All you can do with tracking is put one of the references in which brings up a list of all packages sent to various embassies. All you can do is take a guess on which one is yours. If you know the day it actually got sent out it gives you some idea but not an exact. NVC said mine was mailed on the 11th yet it wasnt really until the 14th. I knew that only because very few actually get sent to australia and the one on the 14th was the first one listed to australia. It was confirmed to me later once I got my package by the dates on it.

Is the Reference Number mentioned in the very first post of this Topic either the NVC Case Number or the USCIS Receipt Number or the Beneficiary's Alias Number?

Or is it any of those three?

I've tried to search DHL for the NVC Case Number and the USCIS Receipt Number with no success.

I did send an email to the Moscow Embassy requesting a status referencing the Case and Receipt Numbers.

One of the posts put in a number that looks like a DHL Tracking Number; I don't have that; I don't have the NVC hardcopy notice and the NVC says they don't send emails and don't give out tracking numbers.

Larry and Maria

Thanks, Larry

Is the Reference Number mentioned in the very first post of this Topic either the NVC Case Number or the USCIS Receipt Number or the Beneficiary's Alias Number?

Or is it any of those three?

I've tried to search DHL for the NVC Case Number and the USCIS Receipt Number with no success.

I did send an email to the Moscow Embassy requesting a status referencing the Case and Receipt Numbers.

One of the posts put in a number that looks like a DHL Tracking Number; I don't have that; I don't have the NVC hardcopy notice and the NVC says they don't send emails and don't give out tracking numbers.

Yes it was in the first post.

For reference you type in one of the below

I-730

EXPEDITE NIV SECTION (Non-Immigrant Visas)

EXPEDITE IV SECTION (Immigrant Visas)

CORRESPONDENCE

There are others but I couldnt tell you them off hand.

-When you go to dhl.com select the US

-At the top select 'track', then in the drop down 'track by reference'

-In the reference box type in one of the above references.

-Put in a date range

-Dont worry about the bottom section........Click on 'track'

It will bring up a list of all packages mailed out to the various embassies within the date range you selected. Its then a matter of guessing which is likely to be yours.

Hope that helps

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thanks, Lorelle,

I thought there was a way to be more certain.

The reference "number" seemed to imply the Case Number or the Receipt Number.

It's the NVC's refernece code in general for the package and there's no detail so it's just in interesting guess.

As you explained it could be sent earlier, later, whatever ....

What a hoot! You don't even know if your stuff was in the "reference" or what.

I appreciate the clarification.

I've been looking at the appointment times for the past week or so to at least see if I could get a trend.

You have to wait until they update the scheduled appointments anyway.

I'll wait before calling.

That's a cool job at $105/hr; $1.75 per minute is a good consulting rate per hour :thumbs: way to go DOS and my taxes. Where can I get an application? Hey, I'll out-source it for $1.50/hr and give the tax payers a break! :lol: and I'll even improve quality [hint accuracy]

Larry and Maria

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortuantely, the zip codes in the bottom half appear to be US only... however, the destination tariff point appears to be international! :dance:

Instead of having to scan through pages at a time, if you know the three letter code (that's all the box will take) for your destination tariff point, you can put it in there. I did a quick search and couldn't find any references to translate a city to a tariff code (if i may coin it as such), and it looks like airport codes are hit and miss. For example, mnl works for manila, philippines; adj doesn't work for amman, jordan. akl works for auckland, new zealand; sjo doesn't work for san jose, costa rica. Try it when you know that it does exist and see if you get back the right results. If it works, then that will be a bit easier for you later. :thumbs:

This still doesn't necessarily help you locate your own package, but it narrows down the search so that you're only looking at packages going to your embassy :) Hope this helps a few! ttyl,

mich

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Jack,

This is the thread that I told you where I wrote the instructions on how to track your package from NVC to the U.S. Embassy in Colombia. This works for most countries but not all of them.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Timeline
Jack,

This is the thread that I told you where I wrote the instructions on how to track your package from NVC to the U.S. Embassy in Colombia. This works for most countries but not all of them.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Peter,

Unless I missed something it will not tell you your petition from NVC was sent to the Embassy or that the Embassy received it.

All it tells you is on a certain day something from New Hampshire went to the city where the Embassy is and was received in that city.

Isn't that all the info you can get?

At BEST, at BEST it's an guess and nothing more.

If I'm wrong then tell me how I specifically find out the my petition actually left the NVC and actually was received by Moscow.

Thanks!

Larry

Larry and Maria

Timeline

Jack,

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Peter,

Unless I missed something it will not tell you your petition from NVC was sent to the Embassy or that the Embassy received it.

All it tells you is on a certain day something from New Hampshire went to the city where the Embassy is and was received in that city.

If I'm wrong then tell me how I specifically find out the my petition actually left the NVC and actually was received by Moscow.

Thanks!

Larry

Hi Larry,

Send me your telephone number and I will call you and explain it because I do not know how else to explain it. It is not a guess, I used it and many more VJ members before and after me have also used it.

By using this method along with a couple other short-cuts that I did. I took at least two months off from my fiancée arriving to the U.S. I used this on a K-1 fiancée visa. Read my threads on the “Foreign Embassy and Consulate General Discussion” section.

Regards,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

05-27-06 - Married

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

Timeline

I think that he's saying that since you don't actually know your tracking number, you don't know for absolute sure that (one of) the package(s) that you're seeing go the embassy is necessarily yours. You can't say "my package 1234567890 arrived at the embassy on May 1, 2006". You just know that *a* package that left the same time as you were told that your package left arrived on May 1, 2006. But if there were two sent that day and yours fell under the seat or something, you wouldn't know that from the dhl page. I think the info from aussiewench's post pretty much sums up what larry is talking about and gives a good example of how this approach, while useful, is not infallible since it still depends on assumptions and information from the NVC which may not be reliable. However, I'm still watching the packages going to manila anyways ;) ttyl,

mich

Peter,

Thanks!

Larry

Hi Larry,

Send me your telephone number and I will call you and explain it because I do not know how else to explain it. It is not a guess, I used it and many more VJ members before and after me have also used it.

By using this method along with a couple other short-cuts that I did. I took at least two months off from my fiancée arriving to the U.S. I used this on a K-1 fiancée visa. Read my threads on the “Foreign Embassy and Consulate General Discussion” section.

Regards,

Peter Miami

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

02 Jan 2006 - Married

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

Timeline

Yes, mich, that's correct.

If my MOS NVC Case number for Moscow is MOS1234567890 then there's no way to see that number in the DHL tracking info.

PETER! I replied to your request and sent you my number at home.

Everyone would like to know how to exactly identify that the petition was indeed sent to the correct embassy on the date the NVC has told us on the phone.

I still have no USPS confirmation from the NVC though I've faxed, emailed numerous times, and called and requested the paper be sent via USPS again -- which they claim they will.

Thanks!

Larry

Larry and Maria

Timeline

To note (since this thread is the place to note it "permanently"), I talked to dhl today about something funny that I saw on their website sometimes. A package would be marked as delivered and signed for, then it would show as in transit again (for exmaple, package 8188058745 until the tracking number gets reused ;) shows that it was delivered May 22, then shows as again being in transit Jun 8). He told me that these were misscans and if the package was signed for, that it was definitely there, despite what is apparently bad info on the website. Hope this may clear up some confusion that others may have about this issue. ttyl,

mich

02 Jan 2006 - Married

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi Don,

These are the DHL tracking instructions I wrote a thread about. I hope it helps you as it helped me and many other VJ members. :thumbs:

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

05-27-06 - Married

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi John,

Read these threads that I have posted in order to help others along the process.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

05-27-06 - Married

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Tracking Instructions for DHL :thumbs:

www.dhl.com

Track by Reference

Reference: (Depends on Embassy)

I-730

EXPEDITE NIV SECTION (Maybe Non-Immigrant Visas)

EXPEDITE IV SECTION (Maybe Immigrant Visas)

CORRESPONDENCE

Put the range of dates around the date that NVC gives you as package has been shipped.

And there you have it. :yes:

Good luck,

Peter Miami

I am sorry to be so slow witted, but I can't figure this out. Can someone put a screen capture or a pdf attachment so I can see how you successfully penetrated DHL for tracking? :help:

Track by Reference

Reference: (Depends on Embassy) EXAMPLE PLEASE! Do I put US EMBASSY MANILA HERE?

I-730 (WHERE DO I PUT THIS?

EXPEDITE NIV SECTION (Maybe Non-Immigrant Visas) WHERE DO I PUT THIS?

EXPEDITE IV SECTION (Maybe Immigrant Visas)

CORRESPONDENCE

Put the range of dates around the date that NVC gives you as package has been shipped.

And there you have it. :yes:

Sorry, I just don't get it. I am old. Have mercy on old people :P

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.