AlmaD

Case out of the ordinary

20 posts in this topic

Thanks!!

II would like to get to the bottom of this too. I don't think the mailed the GC but sent me an interview letter or something and it just went to the old address while we were moving to upstate NY because after the move when I called USCIS to inquiry about my case they told me to that they were going to check and that I should get a letter with the result of inquiry in 45 days, then I received a letter stating that my case was at the Kansas City office then I call USCIS AGAIN and request a transfer to VSC but nothing happened then again I talked to an officer not a drone LOL and he made the request of the transfer again with me on the phone and gave me a confirmation number of it and told me to wait for a letter on the mail . Then I got the letter saying that my case was closed. They say that it was not terminaded because they just put military cases in hold but obviously mine was close. Where can I find Jim? I would really appreciate any other input on this case.

Thank you

Alma,

I don't have a clue why your case was closed, yet I'd love to know. Did they approve it? Most likely not, as they would have mailed the new GC. Did they deny it? Also unlikely, as they would have then started removal proceedings against you. So what could have happened? They moved your file from one drone station to the next drone station, and either none of the drones could find it anymore or some drone just put a stamp "closed" on it, which makes no sense. If so, they could have crossed out the stamp and reactivated it. I therefore believe they misplaced it, somewhere in our beautiful America. It's out there, probably under a stack of files but nobody knows where.

The request to file again I cannot accept. What I would want is the reason why after so many months (or is it years?) nobody decided upon my case. I would have involved my congress person and started a formally inquiry. I probably would still do it: write a letter describing USCIS's screwup to the wife of an honorable member of the armed forces, and all the nonsense stories, and get to the bottom of this. Phone conversation to drones don't get you anywhere.

At the same time I would file the N-400. As a Brit this is a no-brainer. You can file based on your marriage 3 years after becoming an LPR. If you have been a LPR for 5 years, that would imply that they are f'ing around with your I-751 for over 3 years now. Hard to believe. However, if that's the case, you file not based on marriage, as it's easier. It will force-feed the adjucation of your (second) I-751.

I still would want to find out, in writing, what happened to the original ROC file. Maybe a formal letter to the director of the USCIS in charge would do wonders.

What you also want is Jim's input. He has an insight in the inner workings of USCIS that I simply don't have.

Naturalization Timeline

N400 sent - 03/14/2011 to Lewisville, TX

N-400 Received - 03/17/11

E-mail Notification Acceptance Confirmation Received- 03/22/11

Priority Date- 03/17/11

NOA Date- 03/21/11( Received 03/26/11)

Case updated on USCIS website- FP notice sent 03/28/11

FP letter received 03/31/11

FP Appoinment Date 04/20/11 Done!

E-mail notification Scheduled for Interview Received 06/03/11

Interview Letter received 06/10/11 mailed by USCIS on 06/07

Interview Date 07/12/11 PASSED!!!

Oath Ceremony Date 07/22/11 at Federal Plaza NYC

changed to 07/29/11 at 500 Pearl Street( District Court)

due to name change!

FINALLY I AM A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

In brief, I have filled 2 I-751, the last one May 14th taking the advise of the USCIS officer we spoke to but still haven't got any NOA but I know they cashed my check.

That's what's wrong with the world these days! People are money hungry and once they get their fill, they don't follow through on their end of the deal!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my case. In case that someone of you that kindly answered to my post is interested.

Ok. I received my NOA extending my status for a year (AGAIN) last friday. Now I just hope to receive the Biometrics letter soon!! I will keep you guys posted. I don't know if in my original post that in my second package I included a letter explaining what had happened when I filled my first I751 at the Nebraka Service Center.

Naturalization Timeline

Priority Date- 03/17/11

due to name change!

Update on my case. In case that someone of you that kindly answered to my post is interested.

Ok. I received my NOA extending my status for a year (AGAIN) last friday. Now I just hope to receive the Biometrics letter soon!! I will keep you guys posted. I don't know if in my original post that in my second package I included a letter explaining what had happened when I filled my first I751 at the Nebraka Service Center.

So are you now filing N400 as well? Did you contact your congressman yet?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

My goal is to apply for Naturalizaton this fall. For now my Husband and I are doing this alone. Let's see the outcome of it. We hope is a favorable one!.

So are you now filing N400 as well? Did you contact your congressman yet?

Naturalization Timeline

Priority Date- 03/17/11

due to name change!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.