MelissaJulian

Ummm, maybe another stupid question!

304 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I keep seeing in the K1 filers thread the term "touch". Does this mean the USCIS is actually touching your files when people write that, or does it mean you are getting closer to getting approved? Our estimated approval date is almost here :D and if I can find out how you can find out if you have been touched (if that DOES mean you are closer to approval) then I would like to learn how. Do any of the UK people know how to do this? :)

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Touched can mean many things.. it is basically when something is done with your case file, it can mean it is soon to be approved.. maybe just moved from one place to another. My case was "touched" once and then approved the next day.

To find out you need to sign up on the USCIS internet site and a touch is when the date of last activity changes.

Timeline

Touched can mean many things.. it is basically when something is done with your case file, it can mean it is soon to be approved.. maybe just moved from one place to another. My case was "touched" once and then approved the next day.

To find out you need to sign up on the USCIS internet site and a touch is when the date of last activity changes.

Thanks Nick! :) How do I sign up on the website? Is there a link somewhere on VJ?

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

Melissa, did you even bother to search for the answer to this question? I'm sorry, but you've been on this forum long enough to know that you should search first and ask questions later.

Oh, do forgive us Jules, for not making the minutiae of this excruciating process the backbone of our very existence; some of us do have lives you know.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Oh, do forgive us Jules, for not making the minutiae of this excruciating process the backbone of our very existence; some of us do have lives you know.

Too bad all that money of yours can't buy you or that fiancee of yours a bit of common sense or personal responsibilty. There is a really great search engine on VJ. I suggest the pair of you learn how to use it in your spare time.

Timeline

Melissa, wish I could help, but us DCF folk have no knowledge of touches or the USCIS website. Sorry.

Thank you elmcitymaven. Glad some people can be polite to us n00bs. :blush:

Too bad all that money of yours can't buy you or that fiancee of yours a bit of common sense or personal responsibilty. There is a really great search engine on VJ. I suggest the pair of you learn how to use it in your spare time.

I tried *julez* but I use Chrome as a browser and it seems to have a problem with the search engine. :(

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

Oh the money thing again. How very original. A reminder that you, Jules, were the first one to bring up 'my money,' not me. :whistle: And as I understand it, this blog is a community where those who have gone before help those who are just now going through it. So please, try to be helpful or at least refrain from answering if you're just here to taunt.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

I'm going to have to side with julez here...this immigration process *is* bloody important, to take a British phrase, and due concern and time spent on research is extremely important. Because if there's one thing I've learned about US immigration is that you don't mess around with them and they don't give a rats #### if you mess up on your own even if it has dire consequences for your petition.

Unless you're going to get a lawyer to do it, then yeah, you do need to take personal responsibility for the process and using the search engine is part of that.

of course we've all had our noob moments (although sometimes I wonder if Nich-Nick was born a VJ master), but search engines are relatively painless...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

I'm going to have to side with julez here...this immigration process *is* bloody important, to take a British phrase, and due concern and time spent on research is extremely important. Because if there's one thing I've learned about US immigration is that you don't mess around with them and they don't give a rats #### if you mess up on your own even if it has dire consequences for your petition.

Unless you're going to get a lawyer to do it, then yeah, you do need to take personal responsibility for the process and using the search engine is part of that.

of course we've all had our noob moments (although sometimes I wonder if Nich-Nick was born a VJ master), but search engines are relatively painless...

Thank you, Justine. :) I'm trying to master the search engine, but so many hits come up and I can't tell if I'm getting the right and most up to date info on things. Also, as I said, my browser seems to hate the search function!

Really trying to get all of this information straight, and I am meeting up with another VJer this weekend who will hopefully help me figure out where I am going wrong.

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

Oh come on now. She's not asking for you to file the bloody documents for her, she just wanted to know what some silly USCIS term was. I'll grant you that Melissa's a bit prone to leaping before looking, but what's the harm in a quick question? It could have been answered in a single answer, and now we've stretched it out to over 10 posts with the whole 'he-said she-said' bit. If everybody just clicked search then there'd be nothing to search on would there?

Timeline

Sweetie, it's fine. I've already checked out the USCIS website and I'm sure I can find some time soon to figure it out. :)

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Getting a light b!tchslapping for asking what a touch is is a time-honored tradition on VJ.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.