Sarah1

B-2, F-1 still having B-2 and married to a USC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello I hope you can hel me, here's my situation...

I know about the intent and everything...I didn't come with the intent of getting married but it happened(the idea of getting married after being 2 months here), I'm now married to a USC, and we're going to file for AOS next week...my bigger concern is: I have a B2 visa before I had the F1...I came here on tourist visa and I applied for the f1 was approved, it expired so I went back, I have no job and no house there...they said you have to prove your intent but I don't know how...because after I left...I came back after 5 months to be with my love...everybody says it didn't even come out at the interview, and I haven't read any case, I got married the past month while out of status...so do you think is gonna be some problem? do you think I'm gonna have my interview here, or in my country because I had another visa even if I entered legally?

some case like mine?

ps. they never canceled the tourist visa. ;)

Filed: Other Timeline

You have no problem. The interview will be in the US. Nobody cares about your previous visas, nobody cares about your non-intent, and nobody will make an issue out of anything you mentioned.

What they care about is that you entered the country legally, and that your marriage is legit and not been entered into due to getting immigration benefits.

You file the forms I-131, I-485, and I-765 concurrently. If you have problems with any of this, ask. Advice is free, the benefits priceless.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

You have no problem. The interview will be in the US. Nobody cares about your previous visas, nobody cares about your non-intent, and nobody will make an issue out of anything you mentioned.

What they care about is that you entered the country legally, and that your marriage is legit and not been entered into due to getting immigration benefits.

You file the forms I-131, I-485, and I-765 concurrently. If you have problems with any of this, ask. Advice is free, the benefits priceless.

what a great post...you made my day! Thank you so much!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

also file I-130 concurrently with I-485

I-130-K/3 NOA1-11/14/2006
I-129F-K/3 NOA1-12/07/2006
I-130-K/3 NOA2-02/03/2007
I-129f-K/3 NOA2-02/03/2007
nvc recieves case 02/13/2007
nvc forwards to embassy 02/15/2007
waiting for appointment
interview for k/3-k4 04/18/2007 called embassy for info
packet 4 received 03/14/2007
interview 04/18/2007
approved
still waiting for visa 04/26/2007
visa in hand 04/30/2007plane tickets in hand arrival june 21 am i excited or whatttttttt
arrived new jersey liberty june 21 immigration a cakewalk
filed 1-485 and i-765 july 16
received notice for biometrics july 24
appointment for biometrics aug 01 so far, smooth sailing
EAD cards received
AOS appointment OCT. 31
Approved-card production ordered
green card in hand 11/05/2007 I-751 packet signed for at vsc 08/03/2009 received receipt notice and biometrics app. letter on same day 08/13/2009. bio. app.for 09/04/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It's USCIS's job to try to prove that anything is wrong. But as long as you give them good prood that you have a bona fide marriage, you are good to go.

I got married under a B-2 visa. Came to the US in 2006, extended my B-2 then we got married. I never had any question about my intent. They just want to see that it's not a fake marriage.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Excellent reply and pretty much straightforward. I myself arrived on a B2 married within two weeks of arrival and adjusted status within 1 month. EAD and AP on hand, case transferred to CSC and now just waiting for their response. If the marriage is real, nothing to worry about.

Thank youu so much! Yeah I have heard about many people coming here and adjusting their status successfully. I'm just a little scare because I was studying here, then I went back to my country, and after 5 months I came here with my 1st visa (tourist) to be with my bf...and I end up getting married out of status, but if they ask, I don't have nothing in my country...I was here years, so I hope everything goes well for me too :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.