sjr09

Arizona Law

13 posts in this topic

Arizona Law

Two recently released polls indicate that Americans – both in and outside Arizona – strongly support a tough new immigration law that Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law last month. The polls came as open borders lobbyists have stepped up their assault of the Arizona law, filing lawsuits to prevent its implementation and continuing to falsely claim that it will lead to "racial profiling.

On May 12, the Pew Research Center released the results of a survey showing that 59 percent of individuals across the country approve of the Arizona law. (Report, May 12, 2010). More specifically, the survey found that 73 percent of the public "approve of requiring people to produce documents verifying their legal status if police ask for them," and 67 percent support "allowing police to detain anyone who cannot verify their legal status." The survey even found that 62 percent "approve of allowing police to question anyone they think may be in the country illegally," (Id.) even though the scope of such activity is broader than what is reflected in the Arizona law. The law actually only requires a law enforcement officer to attempt to verify an individual's immigration status if – during a lawful stop, detention, or arrest only – the officer develops a reasonable suspicion that the individual is unlawfully present in the United States. (See HB 2162, amending SB 1070).

The same day Pew released its survey, NBC News and the Wall Street Journal released the results of a survey which show that 64 percent of Americans support the Arizona law. (Survey Results at 21). Speaking on NBC Nightly News, NBC News Political Director Chuck Todd commented on the poll's methodology: "We read them the law verbatim, exactly as it's been written. 64 percent approve of it, 34 percent oppose it." (NBC Nightly News, May 12, 2010).

Last week's Arizona surveys coincided with the release of reports from Rasmussen and Gallup indicating that the number of people who view immigration as an "important" problem has increased dramatically over the last month. With the federal government's continued refusal to enforce immigration laws these new polls suggest that the public favors allowing states and localities to step in and fill the void.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

How nice. Thank you for that.

It'a question. Not a insult

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Answer me this, what's your stand on the new immigration law?

100% for it. I would love to see every state in the Union adopt the same law. Legal immigration is a great thing. My wonderful wife is testament to that. Illegal gate crashing is wrong and should be stopped.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

it likely means that one of the following is true:

1. They don't realize the subtle change in how police can now deal with anyone be they illegal, an LPR, or citizen

2. They are white and figure it won't effect them, but help stop illegal immigration.

Edited by Sousuke

100% for it. I would love to see every state in the Union adopt the same law. Legal immigration is a great thing. My wonderful wife is testament to that. Illegal gate crashing is wrong and should be stopped.

I Agree, so that must make us dirty racists? But if your married to a brown skin person will that trump the racists card?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I Agree, so that must make us dirty racists? But if your married to a brown skin person will that trump the racists card?

A person can be bigot for a variety of reasons. The Japanese were bigoted towards the Chinese in WWII. Based on your Frito-Lay comments last night, it's quite obvious that you happen to be bigot towards Mexicans. As to why you spend so much time on an issue that has no geographical bearing on the state in which you live, one has to wonder what your beef is with Mexicans.

Filed: Timeline

A person can be bigot for a variety of reasons. The Japanese were bigoted towards the Chinese in WWII. Based on your Frito-Lay comments last night, it's quite obvious that you happen to be bigot towards Mexicans. As to why you spend so much time on an issue that has no geographical bearing on the state in which you live, one has to wonder what your beef is with Mexicans.

what did he say that makes it obvious he is bigoted towards mexicans?

7yqZWFL.jpg

My wifes skin is a beautiful ebony. I guess that makes 2 trump cards for me.

Yeah my wife's skin is a wonderful dark brown, two cards for me.