w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Policom: Seattle, WA Strongest Economy in America

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Seattle, WA Strongest Economy in America

The Seattle, WA metropolitan area has the strongest local economy in the nation according to POLICOM Corporation’s annual economic strength rankings. Edwards, CO is top among the “Micropolitan” areas which are smaller urban centers.

"The top rated areas have had rapid, consistent growth in both size and quality for an extended period of time," William H. Fruth, President of POLICOM. POLICOM, located in Palm City, FL, specializes in analyzing local and state economies.

"The rankings do not reflect the latest ‘hotspot’ or boom town, but the areas which have the best economic foundation,” Fruth continued. “While most communities have slowed or declined during this recession, the strongest areas have been able to weather the storm.”

"Economic strength is the long-term tendency for an area to consistently grow in both size and quality," commented Fruth.

The study measures 23 different economic factors over a twenty-year period to create the rankings. The formulas determine how an economy has behaved over an extended period of time. Data stretching from 1989 to 2008 was used for this study.

Metropolitan areas must have a city of at least 50,000 people and are typically more than one county. Micropolitan areas are smaller economies and do not have city with a population greater than 50,000 people. They are typically one county and, according to William Fruth, their economies fluctuate much more than the larger Metropolitan areas.

2010: 20 Strongest Among 366 Metropolitan Areas

1 Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA

2 Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV

3 Denver-Aurora-Broomfield, CO

4 Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX

5 Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, CA

6 Salt Lake City, UT

7 Des Moines-West Des Moines, IA

8 San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA

9 Madison, WI

10 Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX

11 Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill, NC-SC

12 Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos, TX

13 Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, TN

14 Olympia, WA

15 Raleigh-Cary, NC

16 Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale, AZ

17 Kansas City, MO-KS

18 Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA

19 Trenton-Ewing, NJ 19

20 Birmingham-Hoover, AL 20

2010: 20 Stongest Among 576 Micropolitan Areas

1 Edwards, CO

2 Gillette, WY

3 Durango, CO

4 Hilton Head Island-Beaufort, SC

5 Rock Springs, WY

6 Helena, MT

7 Bozeman, MT

8 Concord, NH

9 Kahului-Wailuku, HI

10 Jackson, WY-ID

11 Evanston, WY

12 Sheridan, WY

13 Lexington Park, MD

14 Montrose, CO

15 Statesville-Mooresville, NC

16 Lebanon, NH-VT

17 Truckee-Grass Valley, CA

18 Torrington, CT

19 Carlsbad-Artesia, NM

20 Daphne-Fairhope-Foley, AL

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Seattle = Strongest economy and highest debt per consumer in the nation......?

something seems so wrong with that picture lol...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline

Seattle = Strongest economy and highest debt per consumer in the nation......?

something seems so wrong with that picture lol...

You're just pissed that Dallas is all the way down at #10.

Although I suspect #10 is good enough. Expect more Yankee relos once the housing markets unthaw up north :lol:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i knew that already - len told me!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Our governor is another lame Liberal! Dont believe everything you spam AJ!

Candy tax takes effect June 1 in Washington

By JERRY CORNFIELD

THE DAILY HERALD

EVERETT, Wash. -- When it comes to candy, Washington will soon be a state of the taxed and taxed-nots.

Come June 1, the state will begin adding sales tax onto the price of gum and most but not all candy products.

If you've got a sweet tooth, you need a spreadsheet to figure out whether your favorite goodie is about to get more expensive.

For example, Three Musketeers will be taxed but Milky Way will not.

Starburst, Gummi Bears and M&Ms? Yes. Nestle's Crunch and Twizzlers? No.

How will you and retailers know which is which?

The state Department of Revenue has posted a list online of nearly 3,000 items that will be subject to tax ranging from coffee flavored hard candies to Wrigley's Winterfresh chewing gum. You'll find another 263 items that are not.

What's the difference? Basically, flour. If the candy you like is prepared with flour it will not be subject to sales tax.

Candy subject to the tax can be made with "sugar, honey, or other natural or artificial sweeteners combined with chocolate, fruits, nuts, or other ingredients or flavorings and formed into bars, drops, or pieces," according to information from the Department of Revenue.

Any product that lists flour as an ingredient on the nutritional facts label is not taxable as candy, the agency points out. Flour is "made from grain such as wheat, rice, corn, rye, oats, and barley."

Why is the state taxing candy? With a $2.8 billion deficit, lawmakers decided to fill part of the hole and preserve funding for some public health, education and human service programs by raising taxes.

Majority Democrats approved a package of increases to bring in $800 million. The first of the increases, including a higher tax on cigarettes, took effect May 1.

Applying sales tax to candy and gum will generate about $30 million in new revenues for this budget. Candy makers in Washington can receive a tax credit of $1,000 for each worker retained for a calendar year to help offset a potential decline in sales as a result.

This isn't the end of higher taxes on consumer products.

Also starting June 1, sales tax will be applied to bottled water and the tax on barrels of mass-marketed beer will rise which could push the price of six-packs higher. On July 1, a tax on soda pop will kick in.

---http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_wa_candy_tax.html

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

A candy tax, wow, that'll knock an economy down :lol:

High taxes in Jersey is working miracles, heh?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

We were brought down by obligations much larger than those posed by a candy tax.

So you make fun of a candy tax but yet if you lost your job and couldnt pay your bills you would apply for a cerdit card to pay them? Or maybe go pan handling?

The unions and the past goverment officials got Jersey in the mess your state is in. Some of those pension are fvckin criminal.

Edited by Col. Lingus

― Andrew Wilkow

I have had to give up candy anyway.

:rofl: Thats putting it lightly! I guess laughing at what comes out of your paycheck on payday keeps you from crying. Denial has a way of doing that.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A candy tax, wow, that'll knock an economy down :lol:

drug pushers will be moving into this niche market: yo dog! want some sugar daddies? how about a jolly rancher?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!