1American1

My First Visit To Ukraine!

66 posts in this topic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ot2:

Um, ok. Just for the record. I never said anything about a pre-nup... And I would never.

Welcome to VJ buddy. You have been thread-jacked :lol: Happens

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Um, ok. Just for the record. I never said anything about a pre-nup... And I would never.

Sorry, dude. I was afraid this would happen, as it happens all the time here.

And also just for the record, I never suggested you get a pre-nup. I simply said that I had used Nevesta to translate my pre-nup, to imply I trusted them greatly.

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry, dude. I was afraid this would happen, as it happens all the time here.

And also just for the record, I never suggested you get a pre-nup. I simply said that I had used Nevesta to translate my pre-nup, to imply I trusted them greatly.

Disingenuous. If you were afraid, you'd use common sense and avoid the topic. You talk sideways.

As Slim recently suggested to the general audience, if you don't like this forum, move on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Disingenuous. If you were afraid, you'd use common sense and avoid the topic. You talk sideways.

Nice. As always, a useful and informative post.

Edited by Scott and Iryna

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

Nice. As always, a useful and informative post.

You have an attitude problem that's very clear to see by your snide comments that add nothing to your posts. If you're genuinely displeased, find the nearest exit. If you want to challenge somebody, act like a man and speak up.

Or, as another poster did, use the ignore feature. No one's forcing you to read this stuff.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah, but if you die who gets your hair????????

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Interesting. I would say that death does not dissolve a marriage, and in fact would nullify a prenup, but I will defer to any one with practical knowledge or experience. Any jurisdiction could just create a legal fiction that death came after dissolution for the purposes of a prenup, I would think that in most places the assumption is that property division after death is controlled by will or the descent and distribution statutes there.

I have no practical knowledge of death. I have a will. If I die, Alla gets everything unless she also dies at the same time (or within 30 days from the same cause) and then the kids get everything divided four ways.

The hair heir in the will of course.

:bonk: Of course. Silly me.

Welcome to VJ buddy. You have been thread-jacked :lol: Happens

This ain't the Canadian forum.

Gary And Alla

I have no practical knowledge of death. I have a will. If I die, Alla gets everything unless she also dies at the same time (or within 30 days from the same cause) and then the kids get everything divided four ways.

:bonk: Of course. Silly me.

I honestly didn't think any one would get that practical thing :lol: And the rest of your post is my point actually. But if Alla (I am spitting over my left shoulder, knocking on wood) divorces you, presumably before you die, and gets 50% of your assets, then when you pass, your heirs only get half as much. No moral judgement here, you can give your asssets to any one you want - but so can Scott.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I honestly didn't think any one would get that practical thing :lol: And the rest of your post is my point actually. But if Alla (I am spitting over my left shoulder, knocking on wood) divorces you, presumably before you die, and gets 50% of your assets, then when you pass, your heirs only get half as much. No moral judgement here, you can give your asssets to any one you want - but so can Scott.

I married my wife in Russia, so if I get divorced it would get very interesting.

Anyway, in my state there is marital property and non marital property. Anything owned prior to marriage is non marital property. So the only thing we'd split are things obtained after the marriage. I can live with that. So, all this talk of a 50-50 split of everything is not always the case.

I married my wife in Russia, so if I get divorced it would get very interesting.

Anyway, in my state there is marital property and non marital property. Anything owned prior to marriage is non marital property. So the only thing we'd split are things obtained after the marriage. I can live with that. So, all this talk of a 50-50 split of everything is not always the case.

Absolutely. Like I said earlier, state laws differ.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Sure he can. I never disagreed with that and my opinion only applies to me. I just wouldn't do a pre-nup or snub my wife or children, ANY of them. I do not say it is morally better, it is just how I am.

However to correct your math just a little...

Lets say I have $100 right now. If I die Alla gets it all. The kids get nothing. I trust her to give whatever is left when SHE dies to the 4 boys. So you could say that, right now, if I die the kids get "nothing"

IF, on the other hand, Alla and I got divorced we would each have $50. If THEN I died, each of "my" kids would get $25, so they are actually money ahead, at this point, if I get divorced than if we stay married. They "lost" their inheritance when I got married again. Too bad for them. I share my life with my wife. We, together, as parents care for children and grandchildren. Before she left, Alla bought a huge amount of stuff for OUR grandchild who's 1st birthday will come and go while she is gone and sent it off to OUR son. So some of the kid's "inheritance" just got given away to the grandson. Oh well.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.